response to kaw_community pvp vs pve playing styles

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by emberz, Nov 25, 2014.

1. As the post is locked, this is my comment.
    I feel that your response to the pve group needed more thought and perhaps an extra half hour brainstorming session. My solution would have been an opting in "spell". This would have left many of the pvp group much less angry.
    As things stand, a player who has opted out can strip a player who hasn't of their allies and has no fear of retaliation. This dampens the effectiveness and enjoyability of yet another group of players, the osw'ers.
    Or another scenario where an opted out player is throwing taunts in wc/cc yet cannot be pinned for doing so.
    By using an opting in spell only these players would be able to generate shards, thus leaving the mechanics of the whole game left unchanged.
    Luckily the event only has 3 days left, and whoever has exploited this situation enough will be at the mercy of those they exploited.

2. Good points.

Loved your argument. It's succinct and has some pretty valuable arguments.

3. Opting in spell wouldn't have worked as part of the shard event update. I'm sure it will be the way to go for next events, however.

4. I don't see how it wouldn't work. Message letting everyone know that to continue accumulating shards player needs to opt in. Then only opted in players total shards count for rewards at the end.

5. All that would do would enable a complete strip, opt out, sleep. Opt in, strip, opt out etc.

It's a very dangerous idea tbh

6. So people with 3k shards could wait until last day to opt in and remain hitless?

Now you say "no they'd be a one day timer"

That would be a) to hard to implement in such short notice for it all and b) too many issues; what about players with lots of shards who didn't log in for that day and complain?

7. Good points, but with the original December 5th end date the 3k shards would give a small level 2 reward. Someone who aggressively accumulated 3k in that short span wants level 4 or 5 rewards.