Movies That Were Better Than The Books

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SadisticSnowman, Nov 11, 2014.

1. the books the hunger games were made to make a movie after, marketing.

2. The 90's one with leodicaprio was simply amazing. a work of art really.

3. Drive and The Spectacular Now. Both movies are better than the books in my opinion.

4. Romeo and Juliet is a terrible example and can't be used. The debate is BOOKS into movies. Not plays. Plays by definition are designed to be seen not read. There is no true way of gaining the feeling intended by the playwright by reading a play. Performance is key. This is particularly true with works by Beckett as visual elements are essential.

5. Lord of the Rings
    Green Mile
    The Dark Knight Trilogy (does this count?)
    The Hunger Games Series
    Soon-to-be-movie The Martian (coming in 2015)

6. Dracula was pretty good...the classic not the new ones

7. The Hunger Games is 100x better than their book, I just couldn't understand the book.

8. This.. How can you not understand the book? It is maybe a half day read :roll:

10. Maze runner movie is **** trilogy way better, eragon was completely screwed over in the movie fml(my fav books), hobbit book is slow but more in depth(movie ok but no so good) Harry potter books really good movies not better than book tho but really ****** the ending in deathly hallows

11. Every single harry potter movie. The books bored me after 20 pages, where I absolutely loved the movies.

Sorry if this one has been mentioned before :lol:

12. Dumb and Dumber fo sho

13. What I mean is that I never got into the book.

14. books are almost always better. prime examples are The Maze Runner series and The Hunger Games series. Harry Potter movies are really good though but the books are still better

15. If you can't keep into a book, you have no business on this thread really. You wouldn't know anything about this topic. :|

16. You're right 

17. I mean, I'm not trying to be rude or anything. It's just that you can't give an accurate answer :lol: just a hint, the hunger games was boring at the beginning. You have to get past the first 5-6 chapters before anything entertaining happens.

18. Frozen...

Apparently the book (if it was a book as such) is very dark.

19. the outsiders. when i was in middle school we were doing some assignment on the book. i absolutely didn't understand it as i am now a very strong auditory learner. but when i watched the movie, i knew who everyone was, who played what role and what the entire story was about. :mrgreen: