1 Week without any sunlight on Earth.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Welcome_to_kaw, Nov 8, 2014.

1. I get the point it was false already, but since when was a website considered a 'he' or a human?

2. I herd something about this but I was under the impression it was 2 days. Not 6.

4. the only way that would happen, is if my ex wife does a belly flop on the moon

5. Fake the news said it was fake

6. This just in! Critical thought has taken a break from anyone who's fallen for this trash. That's right! Critical thought and the ability of has exited stage left.

7. It's not that there won't be light, but like in the movie 'knowing', a massive solar flare with the polarity facing the wrong direction will strip earth of it's magnetic field removing the earth's protection from the solar wind and the earth will be scorched. Also the Volgon's have scheduled earth's demolition for that day. So enjoy your last month on earth. Lol.

8. Lol so the sun is just going to go dark for a week

Well if it did happen we'd all be dead .

Prob won't happen for a few billion years though and we'll all be dead by then anyway.

9. And to make matters worse the polar vortex combined with the growing supercyclone are going to create the movie 'tomorrows' ice age scenario while the seismic plates are going to catastrophically shift, and don't forget the supervolcanos that are due any minute, and the unknown object travelling near the speed of light, making it invisible, on a collision course with earth, and the Ebola, and the riots because someone won a baseball game, etc...but the sun was going to turn into a red giant in a couple billion years anyways so have a nice day.

10. And I blame Obama for all of these.

11. Bologna

12. It'd be pretty cool if its real, as long as theres wifi :D

13. If your lucky and are considered necessary personnel, our extra terrestrial overlords will send the black helicopters to transport you to an intersteller transport site where you will be whisked to their human zoo in the Orion belt. Lol

14. this is fake ROFL idiot

15. Soon, the super race of intelligient battle polar bears from "the golden compass" will be unleashed on Vancouver and ata will have to be transported to one of their prefabricated secret locations (lairs) in the Caymans or Switzerland, so I can keep posting insipidly in forums. Or maybe it's in Russia. Perhaps ata has established a strategic alliance with Putin?

16. It sounds fake. But even if it was true, most plant life wouldn't die for days or even weeks. And even if somehow all plant life died, there's enough oxygen in our atmosphere to keep us alive for a long time. The temperature wouldn't be vey different with six days without sunlight. We'd be fine.

Check out "What if the sun disappeared" It's a YouTube video by Vsauce. It has quite a bit more dramatic scenario applied to it and for a lot longer time, but it works for this too

17. Right? 

18. Just because its on the internet doesn't mean its true._.

19. A solar flare is considered a type of storm and that's fire. However, this is definitely a hoax.