what to do with Adrian Peterson? opinion thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Moose2, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Personally outside things shouldn't affect your work but should get prison time or even get his child taken away like any other parent that does this to there child just my personal opinion

2. Wait wasn't it his son that was killed or something last year?

3. Different son bud

4. Different son. Same father. Two cases of abuse. Hmmm

Yes you'd think that the death of his son would be a pretty good damn reason not to abuse the child that he still has.

5. He should never play professional sports again. Simple he was not professional disciplining his kid. Just a bully.

6. So you're saying because he disciplined his kid the wrong way he should not only be punished outside of the law for it, but punished in a way that in no way relates to the child incident.

7. Do you think a teacher would be allowed to remain teaching in the same scenario?

Athletes are supposed to be role models.

I think he doesn't deserve to continue playing. Sucks for him. In general athletes get away with too much in the legality aspect.

8. yes, I not only think, but know with absolute certainty, and have solid fact to prove it, that instructors who have not only beat their kids in this manner but even those who have had sexual relations with their students have been allowed to remain instructors.

9. I was not aware of the full story but after reading this I am disgusted by this. I do not know what possesses people(parents) to do this. In what mind state can they see this as ok or acceptable. A child who is ONLY 4 years old. He is defenseless and innocent. A man who thinks correcting his kid to bleeding should not be PLAYING IN THE NFL OR BE ALLOWED to WALK FREELY IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Why wasn't this man sentenced to jail time? I am no expert or anything just this is truly un human. What level of parenting is this? But here the one who we should be really talking about is his child. Is he okay? Does he feel afraid of his father? Does he still want to live with him? I'm sure he might fear him.

About the nfl . Nfl players are brands in my opinion. You don't make a brand look bad. Brands won't sell if they look bad. I doubt the NFL CARES ABOUT THE KID. they care about the tickets they'll sell or the viewers. So yeah they will probably AND SHOULD DROP HIM and ban from playing for being a horrible father. No it's not his first mistake. Mistakes aren't making your child bleed! Mistakes are accidentally hitting heads when trying to get the soccer ball from floor. Stuff where you look up to your father and like hahaha "come on dad what the heck I was going to get it"

Furthermore this man should not be allowed to be walking freely , he should be in jail and ban from the nfl . This is my opinion and just trying to give moose an honest reply .
    Feel free to @ me or anything

10. He should be in prison. Let him play American Football there.

11. I thank the great American God that people like you are not judges. What you are suggesting is not only outside the law but also morally wrong and highly biased.

12. He should be beat until his crotch bleeds, in prison by inmates.

13. That's disgusting. You are a sick person.

14. He should have his small balls cut off.

That's it. Nothing else...

15. Seriously though, jail time. At least.

16. So, late breaking news is that Adrian Peterson (the man who beat his FOUR YEAR OLD KID until he bled out of his crotch) has had his request to rejoin the NFL "delayed". The article is below. Its a quick read. I fully agree with you

17. Why do people still feel the need to say that athletes are role models? They aren't! They are paid to destroy their bodies for the entertainment of others, not be a social messiah and everybody's role model. If anyone wants to look up to them it's their prerogative and has absolutely no bearing on that athlete doing their job. If you don't want kids looking up to him then tell their parents to teach their kids about this stuff instead of pretending like it never happened. That's how you solve that problem, not by banning the man from his job.

People that cite teachers/doctors/etc that would be fired if they did this; it doesn't matter! There's a colossal difference between the job of an athlete and those jobs where that would happen.

No matter how morally reprehensible this man's actions were or how strongly you oppose his sentence, it has no bearing on anything other than your opinion of him. Not letting him go back to his job is like saying a baker can't go back to their job because they were arrested for possession. It ridiculous to impose moral obligations to a job that has none.

18. Who is on the box of Cereal? Who is pushing Nike shoes? Whose names are on the team jerseys bought by kids all over the country?

Sports figures are admired, adored, and emulated in our society, and their actions are taken as examples of how to be by kids and adults alike. To argue otherwise is delusional.

19. convicted murderer

20. my first thought, is get this animal away from kids, the second, lock him up.