What is your opinion on Tuesdays election results?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Moose2, Nov 5, 2014.

1. OMG.

He stopped us from going into a depression
    He turned the economy around
    He's had 10 million jobs created
    He's lowered the deficit by a trillion dollars
    He's gotten millions of Americans access to health care

The horror.

And actually, most American voters think both parties suck.

November 3, 2014 - U.S. registered voters do not have a clear preference on whether the country would be better off if Republicans (29%) or Democrats (27%) controlled Congress, with 40% saying it would be the same regardless of which party is in power.
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/179126/voter ... gress.aspx

The internet. It's not just for games. It can be a powerful tool for learning.

2. Michael Jordan. Pfffft. He has Samuel L. Jackson.

[​IMG]

3. :lol: I find this to be true for me as well. I couldn't stop laughing when I read the last sentence

4. Black dragon lowered the deficit are you high it's more than it's ever been your the one who need to research!!! And forcing Americans to buy health care is not the American way the only ppl that benefit from obama care are welfare recps and illegal immigrants screw the free hand outs for the lazy and illegal

5. I know, I just find the political parties are ridiculous. So I honestly don't put effort in debates.

I just look at voting records come election and vote for who I like, and if I don't like anyone I write in my name.

6. @Dragon, you know...putting Samuel L Jackson in the same category as MJ explains a lot.

Well not so much explains as confirms the disconnect between politics and the American people.

Blasphemy I say.

7. I doubt illegal immigrants benefits from Obamacare. Illegals are...you know? Illegals... Outside of system. If an illegal is going to a hospital most likely next stop is nearst airport.
    And about laziness...most of immigrants are anything but lazy.

8. Federal Budget Deficit Totals $1.4 Trillion in Fiscal Year 2009
    https://www.cbo.gov/publication/24992

U.S. fiscal 2014 budget deficit falls to $486 billion, CBO says
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/ ... L620141008

"Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid" - John Wayne

9. Hilary would have taken the election by electoral votes in 2 years if the republicans would not takes the seats back. Since the US is a tyrannical state, it can't have a female pres.

10. July 21, 2014 - A report published last week in the esteemed New England Journal of Medicine provided an overview of Obamacare's first year, its successes and the challenges ahead. It also offered a yet another estimate of the number of people covered by the law: 20 million.

They reached the 20 million total this way: 1 million adults under age 26 enrolled in their parents' plan; 8 million enrolled in private coverage through the insurance marketplaces; 5 million enrolled in private coverage directly through their insurer; 6 million enrolled in Medicaid.
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/nejm-ob ... ess-report

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMhpr1405667

Fox News viewer: ObamaCare saved my life

[​IMG]

Dean Angstadt fells trees for a living.

He's a self-employed, self-sufficient logger who has cleared his own path for most of his 57 years, never expecting help from anyone. And even though he'd been uninsured since 2009, he especially wanted nothing to do with the Affordable Care Act.

"I don't read what the Democrats have to say about it because I think they're full of it," he told his friend Bob Leinhauser, who suggested he sign up.

That refrain changed this year when a faulty aortic valve almost felled Angstadt. Suddenly, he was facing a choice: Buy a health plan, through a law he despised, that would pay the lion's share of the cost of the life-saving surgery - or die. He chose the former.

"We argued about it for months," Angstadt said. "I didn't trust this Obamacare. One of the big reasons is it sounded too good to be true."

January came, and Angstadt's health continued to decline. His doctor made it clear he urgently needed valve-replacement surgery. Leinhauser had seen enough and insisted his friend get insured.

"The only thing he was ever really adamant about was that Obamacare was the real deal," Angstadt said. "I trusted him to at least take a look at it."

Leinhauser went to Angstadt's house, and in less than an hour, the duo had done the application. A day later, Angstadt signed up for the Highmark Blue Cross silver PPO plan and paid his first monthly premium: $26.11.

"All of a sudden, I'm getting notification from Highmark, and I got my card, and it was actually all legitimate," he said. "I could have done backflips if I was in better shape."

Angstadt's plan kicked in on March 1. It was just in time. Surgery couldn't be put off any longer. On March 31, Angstadt had life-saving valve-replacement surgery.

"I probably would have ended up falling over dead" without the surgery, Angstadt said. "Not only did it save my life, it's going to give me a better quality of life."

"For me, this isn't about politics," he added. "I'm trying to help other people who are like me, stubborn and bullheaded, who refused to even look. From my own experience, the ACA is everything it's supposed to be and, in fact, better than it's made out to be."
    http://articles.philly.com/2014-04-28/n ... ng-surgery

He's not an illegal immigrant or on welfare. I can post hundreds of stories like this if you'd like. These are real people. Fellow Americans. They need help. What's your heroes done for them?

11. Black-Dragon: great posts. Zeus2012: in fact Obamacare is more about helping hard working people many of whom are at the low end of the income scale plus everybody else who doesn't work for a company that provides insurance (there are doctors paying full fee for ACA plans that are better than what they could get before Obamacare) plus people under the age of 26 who get to stay on their family healthcare plus people who want to leave their job to start their own company (most still pay something for the healthcare - the "affordable" part of the ACA/affordable care act= affordable healthcare not free healthcare. If people make enough income then they get no subsidy but they still get more options and more competition in the insurance marketplace.) Also welfare, such as it is, already existed before Obamacare. If you have no income you get free healthcare. It's called Medicaid. So Obamacare is not giving healthcare to people who are not working - that program already existed. Even the Medicaid expansion, which is an optional part of the law, is bringing healthcare to people who work. Those are the hardworking hugely motivated totally with the American Dream people who wash dishes 60 hours a week and make wages just above the poverty cut off and were unable to afford healthcare before Obamacare. Now I also want to make clear that I don't share your views about people who are receiving welfare but your idea about what Obamacare does is just plain wrong.

12. Well, in a nutshell... Obama took a nice fresh **** on the Democratic party and made them look like poo.

P.S. Multi Colors are such a pain in the ass to quote.

13. REPUBLICAN RULE. OBAMA CAN'T DO CRAP WITH OUT THE REPUBLICANS DISAGREEING WITH HIM. I CAN KEEP MY GUNS!!!!!!!

14. You'd keep them regardless.. You make "gun control." Sound like "send the military to sweep the USA and claim the guns from my countrymen."

15. "Are Americans taking their country back" what a ******* joke! Republicans have a way of scaring old people with threats of Ebola, isis, fema death camps and killer robots from the future! Couple that with rigging districts and the fact that people under 30 (for what ever reason) don't vote in midterms. ..

16. All I know is soccer sucks.

17. [vote] "Tron" [end]

18. In response willow my mom is one of those hard working ppl her company was forced to drop her ins and her sign up on obamacare for 3 times what she was paying and if she can't afford it they take her tax refund and levee her bank account so no I will never agree with it!! In response to the walfare I will say some do need it IE the elderly " who have worked all there life " and the disabled . But there are to many getting free handouts that are capable of working I live in one of those areas and I see it daily 35 year old guys and gals who mow there lawns cut fire wood and build on to there homes!!!! But yet there disabled and recieve a check and food stamps you tell me where the logic in all the free handouts and forcing people to buy anything much less insurance!!!!!!

19. The welfare system just needs to be majorily revamped.

What you can buy/where you can buy it.
    And a way that you cannot sell it to somebody else. Would solve a lot of problems

20. Aj we agree on that it all needs to be revamped and I will agree the idea of Obama care is a good idea! But this version of it is not the answer!!