New Forum Layout

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Nov 1, 2014.

?

What do you think of the update?

1. Awesome

57 vote(s)
    44.9%
  2. Meh

32 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. Life Changing

38 vote(s)
    29.9%
  1. The editing update is really annoying. I suggest removing it.

2. Everything is an improvement apart from the background. The grey mixed with vibrant colors makes everything look like a cheap 80's shell suit. A switch back to white would be hugely appreciated!

3. I don't understand how the color of something affects battery, every color uses pixels.

4. Black requires less of the lights that make up a pixel to be running or to be at full brightness. If you change the brightness on your phone the shade of black won't change much, this means the background uses the same amount of power as it would to have a white background on lowest brightness.

5. @ devs. When you use back space to get back to active topics they aren't the active topics and they are still white ️

6. Don't knock the 80's shellsuits dude 

7. My eyes my eyes they are greatful

8. That is brightness and intensity of light on your phone, nothing to do with color.

9. Wow awesome

10. This layout is dull..

11. Its not light its dark..

12. Acutally the color do have effect. But only on AMOLED/OLED displays not on LCD ones. On Amoled displays the illumination is made pixel by pixel. Black don't need light hence no pixel illumination required on black area. Indeed the true battery life improvement is noticed on true black displays. In short on OLED and AMOLED only, the darker the better.

13. i gotta admit, i thought forums had broken, when i first came onto here :)

14. It's good to see changes and improvements thanks for doing it .

15. Ok you've convinced me now :lol:

But what I'm most disappointed about is the fact everyone is using quotes it's not a special select of people anymore D: