What Is College Really Like?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sanguine, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Depends on the college

2. Cupcake- ... The one guy who actually listened to the op 

3. Whatever 

4. Drop acid every day.

5. Adults say that college was the best years of their life 

6. In college who U were in high school doesn't matter. U can reinvent urself if u didn't like ur high school life or U can continue what u always did.

1 Join groups that U arnt interested in, its a good way to meet people.
    2 Randomly ask ppl in ur dorm to do things even if ur shy.
    3 Do keg stands (pink elephants we affectionally call them) but don't be that sloppy girl that is puking in her hair off the back porch of some frat house.

You can take college as a scary thing or the start of ur new life. The second is a lot more fun :) good luck and don't schedule 8am classes if at all possible 

7. Keep it classy infamous, your tone is unappreciated. Maybe you should specify which public places you're talking about next time, guess I should've studied "math" to be as smart as you.

8. I'm a sophomore in college right now.

It's really not bad.
    You probably go to school from like 8:00-3:00 (or 7 hours a day) right now.
    In college you will go significantly less everyday, unless you decide to take extra classes to get done early.

There are some college parties, but it's nothin like the movies portray it.

You will be so busy with classes, homework, work (if you choose to get a job) that you probably won't miss your family much. But if you do, there are always things like FaceTime and Skype. (Not promoting, just an example).

College experience is 100x better IMO. There were like 25 super attractive females in my high school. The rest were okay to ugly. In the college I go to there are tons of super attractive females and alot less not-so-attractive females.

9. Ill just say ALOT of roman noodles

10. Well, I'm a senior right now too, and I have no clue what college is going to be like. I guess I'll just deal with it when it hits me....

11. Well I'm a junior in hs. And i have to say watcj out for the freshman 15. Alot of incoming freshman to college gain 15 pounds that year. Also you don't need to drink to be cool. And dont do drugs. Also Your right you probably will have to take a short break from kaw and stuff, but make sure you come back. You or your parents or scholarship people are paying for it, so don't be a dumbass and get kicked out for breaking rules. Also enjoy your senior year because it goes by fast.

12. Honestly if your a morning person take morning classes likewise if your not and say your an evening or night person take classes then it will help with what you can retain. I'd say from my experiences from going to college is dont procrastinate and dont just memorize the material. This wont help you if you plan on attending graduate school programs. Also dont be afraid to ask or run topics by the professors most are happy to help a student who is actively trying to better him/herself.

Now on the topic of close to home or far from home this is really up to you, but when i first went i picked a college that was thousands of miles away from home and was a 14hr flight back to home. With this being said my first was pretty rough but eventually i got in the flow of the culture and adapted really well. It helped me prepare for where i am today.

On topic of if college is like the movies i will have to say yes and no. It really depends on the college. Yes for the most part there are parties every day of the week, but in my opinion your spending a sizeable amount on your future therefore parties shouldnt be a main theme of your college life.

Also i would just like to say be proactive in clubs, groups, and the community. Most graduate programs will actually prefer to see a graduate that got a 3.5 gpa and participated in activities than a graduate with a 4.0 gpa and no extra activities. If you have any other question please feel free to contact me i will help any way i can or direct you to the right resources.

Always,
    Sweet Tea

13. You'll be broke, over-worked with school and a job, your free time will rarely be partying ( unless you're going for an easy degree).

14. That party last night was awfully crazy I wish we taped it
    I danced my ass off and had this one girl completely naked
    Drink my beer and smoke my weed
    But my good friends is all I need
    Pass out at three, wake up at 10
    Go out to eat, then do it again, man I love college..

I wanna go to college for the rest of my life
    Sip banker's club, and drink Miller Lite
    On Thursty Thursday and Tuesday Night Ice
    And I can get pizza a dollar a slice
    So fill up my cup
    Lets get ****** up (lets get ****** UP!)
    I'm next on the table,
    Who want what? (What?!)
    I am champion, at beer pong,
    Allen iverson hakeem olajuwon
    Don't even bounce, not in my house
    Better hope you make it otherwise you naked 
    Time isnt wasted when youre getting wasted
    Woke up today and all I could say is, um

That party last night was awfully crazy I wish we taped it
    Pass out at three wake up at 10
    Go out to eat, then do it again
    Man I love college (hey!)
    And I love drinking
    And I love women
    Man I love college

I cant tell you what I learned from school,
    But (nah) I could tell you a story or two, um
    Yeah of course I learned some rules
    Like dont pass out with your shoes on (get the sharpie!)
    And dont leave the house til the booze gone
    And dont have sex if shes too gone
    When it comes to condoms, put two on (trust me)
    And tomorrow night, find a new joint
    Hold the beer bong, nothing wrong with some fun
    Even if we did get a little bit too drunk
    Time isnt wasted when youre getting wasted
    Woke up today and all I can say is

That party last night was awfully crazy I wish we taped it
    Man I love college
    And I love drinking
    And I love women
    I love college

Now, if everyboyd would please put their drink
    As high as they can, as high as they can
    And repeat after me:

Chug chug chug chug chug chug chug
    Freshman freshman freshman freshman
    Do somethin crazy! Do somethin crazy! Do somethin crazy! Do somethin crazy!
    Keg stand Keg stand Keg stand Keg stand

That party last night
    (Man I love college, love it, I love it!)
    THat party last night

Alright everybody, I gotta head back to class for a little bit

That party last night was awfully crazy I wish we taped it (you konw its going down)
    Drink my beer and smoke my weed (youre all invited)
    But my good friends is all I need (bring your friends)
    Man I love college

I love college, do I really have to graduate or can I just stay here for the rest of my life?

15. Anyone see the movie PCU?

I went to the movie that college was based on. It was hilarious and probably actually more funny in person. College is what you make it. It doesn't matter who you were in high school. you're going to gravitate and live with people like yourself. You'll witness some people go absolutely out of control and others go out of control and do their studies. Some don't go out of control but in college is where you'll make some of the best friends you'll ever have. You'll definitely have moments you'll never forget. Make the most of it because lord knows you're going to be in enough debt from it. :lol:

Also to all the sober Nancies, yes we know you can do college sober. :roll: It's so much more fun when you don't though.

16. Dartmouth princess, see you there.

17. Parties. Mhm.

18. Well I would say what it has been for me but I live in a very untraditional campus... I guess I'll say it anyways along with what I noticed when I visited a friend.

My campus is a "commuting" campus (meaning everyone supposedly drives to attend classes) but I am renting a room at the new housing place right next to the school.

That being said not everyone here is a student and there are no parties. There are also students from multiple colleges living here.

I drive home on Fridays to visit my brother and support him at football games like I wish I was. I sometimes spend the night.

I work roughly 25 hours a week at my job. I have to cook my own food unless my mom gives me leftovers or stuff she cooked.

Now to describe my friends:
    He has lived in dorms at a traditional campus. Even late at night students will be roaming around going where they need to go, whether that is a party or not I don't know. I think that most colleges that have dorms have set up meal plans and buffets for students living there (basically decent food I think) making it easy for the "Freshman 15". Btw since I am cooking my own food I've actually lost 15 pounds instead of gaining it lol. I'm still a healthy weight.

Also a major thing is whether you will be attending a big school and having lecture classes of a few hundred or like me attend a small school and have class sizes of about 20.

19. If you have any questions regarding my experience just follow me and I'll answer there

20. Don't ask us, just go play PimD. Exactly the same.