SUGGEST POTENTIAL NAMES FOR WASHINGTON'S NFL TEAM

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AshesOfEden, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Washington Rednecks

2. Washington white boys

3. Washington Bullets was an n.b.a team before they changed it to wizards.... So that's a no

4. I don't see why they can't just take after the Seahawks and incorporate actual local Native American art and culture into the design of their logo instead of culturally homogenizing an entire race. 

5. They should change the name wizards it's offensive to those cultured in the magic arts

6. You should probably write a letter to the superiors about that balto. Sure you could move mountains with your irrelevant points of persuasion. 

7. You don't see that I'm mocking you do you?the outrage over this name is bull crap.

8. I did see that you were mocking me lol. It's not bull crap. Putting an offensive stereotypical image as a logo for a national football team is wrong. Especially if that image is mocking a race that has as recently as the early 1900's experienced genocide by the American government. Good for them for finding their voice and having it changed 

9. My irrelevant points at least don't need bandwagoners just for me to know I'm right ;)

10. It wasn't the native Americans that wanted it changed :lol: it was white people who wanted to feel superior to other white people by not being "racist". Anything is considered racist and stereotypical now.

11. Richmond Redskins

12. Regardless this whole thing is harmless your just someone that wants to feel superior by doing nothing of importance .

13. BALTO is right for once, the chief of a tribe in the that area is totally fine with the name as has no issues despite Redskin was used as a derogatory term. However, it's a lot white folk behind renaming the team, not the local tribes.

14. Double R 2016

Hey it's a football team. They can't say no 0.o

)))

15. It actually was a movement by native Americans. It's something they have been working towards for quite awhile. Please don't spew your ignorance with more ignorance balto. The biggest point was not that it was offensive, but that it was homogenizing their different cultures. The Redskins paints all native Americans as just that, Redskins with feathers in their hair. When in reality a Salish Native American from the coast is so vastly different in culture and physical looks than a plains indian who looks more the redskin part. It is doing their race an injustice and should rightfully be changed. The fact that is equally racist is just adding to the issue.

16. Just because the local chief doesn't find it offensive doesn't mean that hundreds of other tribes who's cultures are different than that of the "redskin" persona don't.

17. Balto574 (Not to be confused with Balto573)

Does have a point..

What sport team names offend you?

Let's hear it.. And why..

Eg.

Boston Celtics offend me cos c'mon! White Leprechauns don't play basketball (OK OK, Larry Bird did in the 80's..)

Club Deportivo Chivas USA: I don't know where to start... Is this Carson team making fun of illegal latin immigrants or blended scotch?

Memphis Grizzlies : OK I know the team came from Vancouver.. But c'mon! There are no Grizzlies in Memphis.. Mind you, there are no Tigers in Detroit either

18. Once again. One of the main issues of the logo was not that it is offensive but that it is causing cultural homogenization which to the native Americans is equally as offensive.

19. Elegance..

Have you looked at the Celtics logo?

You don't find that offensive?

20. That's not the point ashes lol. You all need to go to google. Type in cultural homogenization (since clearly none of you know what this is) and you will understand what the Redskins issue is ACTUALLY about.