 Destiny 

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by iDeception, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So this thread will be about Activion and Bungies new game, Destiny. You can discuss what you like and dislike, what guns are good, how you play, what can be modified, etc.

I have some questions before the discussion is opened...

How does campaign/online work?
    Can you modify weapons?
    How do you enter the codes for the armor? (Pre-ordered Advanced Warefare)
    What is the Vanguard Armoury?

Please answer and then Discuss Destiny!

2. I heard that spyro game was good

3. Get off my thread, all non topic are asked not to post.

4. you get armor on destiny for pre ordering Advanced warfare??? And from what i played in the beta the campaign is awesome. You go to a mission area and there is a bunch of other plauers there as well. Im waiting to get it though. Maybe next week.

5. I played this during beta and don't like it. Bored of the fps game now.

6. Yes, I'm trying to figure out how to get it though. I'm on a mission right now and I have this tight revolver  I'm level 3

7. Its pretty simple, once you go to orbit, you can choose your location and select a mission, its pretty much like co-op campaign so you'll see different players there, but they each have their own objective

8. A lot of people are saying that it is amazing-

-ly mediocre.

9. Oh ok, what about the other questions?

10. You cant modify weapons, they each have their own abilities and differeng fusions

11. Beta rocked you should be able to enter the codes (if you're on xbox) in the redeem code section of the start menu.

P.S Spyro was an awesome game

12. Oh Duh  what level are you guys?

13. I just got to level 11, bought the game yesterday btw

14. Gameplay is decent.

Story line is absolutely base and unimaginative.

Plays more like Call of Duty than Halo.

The AI is mostly dumb as hell.

Go buy Wolfenstein The New Order instead. Far superior on all fronts.

15. It plays more like halo, but its still unique in a way, im sure more people will prefer destiny over wolfenstein

16. Played both of them, so far I'm liking Destiny more

17. Personally I think destiny is closer to Cod than halo. It's just very repetative and I personally don't like it.

18. We'll agree to disagree on that first part.

But more people will prefer this game because more people are band wagoners. More people don't buy that many games and will buy this one just cause of the hype and will settle for it's pretty average everything because they are used to it.

Also many people will play this over Wolfenstein because as I said. The AI in Wolfenstein actually fight back with strategy for the most part. In Destiny it's almost predictable where and what the AI is doing.

Don't get me wrong, this game and idea had huge potential, but I feel for all it was hyped up to be it is average and not innovative at best.

It's sad that I'd rather play Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare because the game has a far superior engine and better game play and it's a game that came out on a much smaller budget and had no expectations.

19. It's decent. I expected more from it.

My annoyances with it:

-aiming doesn't work at times (headshots don't count correctly, bullets go through enemies, etc.)

-the momentum and physics while jumping is clunky and fine tuning to land on platforms is impossible.

-pulse rifles are worthless. Very inaccurate, low damage, too much time between bursts.

-the level system is somewhat broken. A level 22 character should be able to kill any level 6 enemy with very few shots, if not 1 but in my experience it takes just as many shots to kill a level 6 as a level 22.

-once you hit level 20 getting equipment is next to impossible.

-loot stops scaling once you hit level 18. No uncommon drops that are worth using anymore and that's pretty much all I can get to drop.

-some of the crucible maps are unplayable due to vehicle spawns.

I won't say I don't have fun with the game but it has plenty of problems. It's far from perfect like some people seem to think

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.