**Devs: From EE, To You**

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by -CyBeR_EcLiPTiC_MaCHiNE-, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Hello KaWmunnity! Recently I've noticed my quality of post slipping a bit so I'm here to once again redeem myself. This took alot of time and effort so please no TL;DR and please show your support by critiquing my idea. Thank you!

So, if you were an EE warrior at the beginning of Season 3, you'll remember the promise of a certain thing in particular. War crystals. They were on the roadmap and haven't budged since. The devs may have forgotten but I sure haven't. I did a little research trying to find out how best to implement this and surprisingly came up with no threads on this subject except noobs asking for it. While searching I came across so many threads asking to sell equipment and I started thinking. Can we get two birds with one stone?

I propose an idea similar to the "smithing idea" that the devs had but in reverse. Instead of gathering materials to create equipment, break down your equipment into raw materials. Yes, I know, I'm not being original yet. This is where I shook out up a bit. When you break down mith equipment, you'll get a "war crystal fragment" that will be collectable like banner materials. We would call this "Stripping".Once you collect a certain amount these would join into a war crystal that can be used only in EE.

War Crystal Fragment- The screams of past fallen soldiers can still be heard through this dark fragment.

War Crystal- Although mere shadows, the once virtuous souls have reunited and come to aid you in your time of need.

It would take 5 Crystal Fragments to join together into a War Crystal. (It would do this automatically such as the hornets becoming swarms). To get these Fragments you would "Strip" your equipment per say.

***IMPORTANT***
    There are some basic things you need to know:
    1. You can find the Strip button where the Enchant button would be.
    2. You can only Strip MAXED OUT MITH EQUIPMENT. Perhaps devs can add on, but to start off with, that's all you can Strip.
    3. Once you Strip an equipment, that equipment will be destroyed and removed from your inventory. In the case of the purchasable equip, you can't re-buy it. This is to make sure you can't "buy" your crystals with mith.

Below is all the mith equipment as of now and how much you would get for stripping each one. For you people who are curious to know how I came up with these numbers, I made a simple equation (simple my ass. It took forever to find one that was perfectly fair):

-For Season Reward Equip-
    3 Fragments + The Total Mith Used/25

-For Purchasable Equip-
    Total Mith Used/50

But Eclipso!! That seems uneven!! Yes. You do get more from Season Rewards and for good reason. You worked your butt off to get that Rancor level and you should get a little reward for that. :)

Now, the Mith Equip and Fragment distribution:

Item-The Red Helm
    Mith Used To Max-160
    Fragments Recieved-3

Item-Crimson Greaves
    Mith Used To Max-760
    Fragments Recieved-15

Item-The Ring of Lost Souls
    Mith Used To Max-202
    Fragments Recieved-4

Item-Burnished Boots
    Mith Used To Max-103
    Fragments Recieved-2

Item-Crown of The Red Sun
    Mith Used To Max-198
    Fragments Recieved-4

Item-Gauntlets of Retribution
    Mith Used To Max-291
    Fragments Recieved-5

Item-Chestplate of Sheared Blood
    Mith Used To Max-960
    Fragments Recieved-19

Item-Phoenix Pauldrons
    Mith Used To Max-676
    Fragments Recieved-13

Item-Ring of Zealots
    Mith Used To Max-248
    Fragments Recieved-4

Item-Vainglory Bracers
    Mith Used To Max-578
    Fragments Recieved-11

Item-Soulreaper
    Mith Used To Max-960
    Fragments Recieved-19

Item-Morning Star
    Mith Used To Max-768
    Fragments Recieved-15

**Note:The Mith Used To Max includes the initial price of equipment**

Item-Gloom Greaves
    Mith Used To Max-255
    Fragments Recieved-13

Item-Eventide Mace
    Mith Used To Max-284
    Fragments Recieved-14

Item-NightShade Pauldrons
    Mith Used To Max-213
    Fragments Recieved-11

Item-Brume Boots
    Mith Used To Max-25
    Fragments Recieved-4

Item-The Helm of Rancor
    Mith Used To Max-51
    Fragments Recieved-5

Item-Ring of Thaumaturgy
    Mith Used To Max-74
    Fragments Recieved-6

Item-Ring of Malefactors
    Mith Used To Max-51
    Fragments Recieved-5

Item-Legerdemain Gloves
    Mith Used To Max-106
    Fragments Recieved-7

Item-Injurious Crown
    Mith Used To Max-74
    Fragments Recieved-5

Item-Assassin Bracers
    Mith Used To Max-213
    Fragments Recieved-11

Item-Nightbringer
    Mith Used To Max-355
    Fragments Recieved-17

Item-Armor of the Eclipse
    Mith Used To Max-550
    Fragments Recieved-25

Item-Grizzly Ring
    Mith Used To Max-55
    Fragments Recieved-5

Item-Razer Death Mask
    Mith Used To Max-58
    Fragments Recieved-5

Item-Lupine Boots
    Mith Used To Max-28
    Fragments Recieved-4

Item-Scaled Pauldrons
    Mith Used To Max-234
    Fragments Recieved-12

Item-Throwing Glaive
    Mith Used To Max-313
    Fragments Recieved-15

Item-Bone Greaves
    Mith Used To Max-281
    Fragments Recieved-14

For those of you who did the math, thats 58 war crystals you could make if you were to have Rancor 50 every season, and had all maxed equip. Some may say this is alot but if you think about it, that's nothing compared to how many crystals they've used to max all that out.

As far as I can think of, this idea is not exploitable and definitely not a very profitable way to war. This just gives back to those who have already spent so much on this game and also gives you devs some brownie points for keeping your players happy. Also, it could be the third good thing to EE in a row. When has that ever happened :lol:

Please do consider this devs.
    Players please do not troll as this DID take a very long time and alot of thought.
    I still hate making threads on Android :lol:

Thank you.

-Eclipso-

2. On a side note, thank you Resil! Couldn't have wrote this without your Equipment Guide

3. Cool idea. Support 

4. Wow! Well thought out Eclipso! It's definitely a great idea and an interesting one at that!

Support

5. So you buy crystals to get equipment and then break that down equipment to get more crystals which you use to get the next set of eq?

Very creative idea I'll give you that. Personally I'd never do it though and would prefer they recycled into something else.

No support

6. I remember the devs released a statement where they said they cannot implement war crystals, I don't remember what excuse they plugged in for that one, but you know how it goes by now.

You did put in good effort though, but I think the solution is what they have already proven to be capable of: refund crystals used in an ee war, but for some, that means having a crystal in the first place. Doing this would certainly dent their pocket book though, so they will never do it :(

7. Its better to recycle into xtls you can war with later rather than just have it sit there and do nothing :)

8. This is a pretty cool idea, but if I'm reading correctly, you would take our hard earned level 10 equipment and give us the worth of around 5 war crystals in return? This is way to steep. They should allow any type of equipment. Whether rancor or not. And each of those gives you a certain amount of fragments. To make a war crystal you'd need 1 fragrant or so, plus a certain amount of gold.
    This would also encourage more EB use to regain equipment that was stripped.

9. Well to solve the problem of not wanting the crystals you could combine x number of them into spells or maybe even a new ee banner

10. Bump since I posted when Forums was dead

11. Sorry but I cannot recall a single time the devs promised war xstals. Active imagination?

12. The devs also promised me a pony. What's up with that, devs?

13. Perhaps you dont remember the January roadmap but it was on there and when questioned, they were "working on it"

14. Bump one last time :|

15. Support, nice idea.

16. This is stupid and absolutely inefficient.

In 2010 something like this was suggested in August and it was kicked down time after time.

17. The idea of war xystals were thrown around by devs as early as s2. But were definetly roadmapped in Jan. This particular idea has a lot of merit for a number of reasons.
    Its better than old equip sitting on the shelf gaining dust. Support 

18. I support the idea of war cystals. But to strip down myth equipment to obtain not even a whole one...Why would anyone do that? I can't fathom anyone doing that even for a load of full war crystals.

19. No support. War crystals are obsolete. If paying for xtals its such a problem for the community its easy to be fixed. Community already made couple of lame rules. 5hits rule, no stripping in ee/regular system war rule. So a new rule can be made if xtals its such an issue: no xtal usage. Its that simple.