New Battle Feature - Bounties

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by sgtdole, Aug 17, 2014.

1. I did read everything hera, still not well thought put enough. Is dtw in place? What does one do about self pinning?

2. Can't we just send someone to do dirty work and volly them with our mains?

3. You could make a job for it.

When you set the bounty it could go like this:
    Set reward
    # of hits
    Length

Key:
    1. The price the player gets when successfully completing the bounty
    2. The total successful number of hits the job needs to be completed (This would be until pin or until the amount of successful hits is reached)
    3. How long the bounty will be left available. The longer the time on the list the bounty is available the more it would cost (if you do a longer time it would be a better deal: 1 day=1B 2 days=1.75B

Abuse:

1. To prevent abuse of this the reward could be limited depending on how big you are and how big the other player is in comparison to you (combined stats wise). You would also only be able to place a bounty on a player just outside of your attack range (PlayerA is a little bit too small to attack PlayerB so Player A places a county on PlayerB).
    These would prevent potential abuse of the reward system

2. To prevent one person from winning all the jobs available they would have to win a certain amount of actions to complete the bounty. The person placing the bounty would choose how many and what kind (Attack or assassinate). This we be either until all actions needed were completed successfully or the target is pinned. To prevent an account from almost pinning on an ab and being a one shot, the account would only show up on the list if at least 1/2 of the actions were still needed (if playerA had a bounty on them for 10 hits but the could be pinned in 4 they would not show up on the bounty list). The player, when choosing who to put a bounty on, would choose the # of actions needed to complete the bounty. It would be limited from lets say 5 successful actions to 15 successful actions. Also, you could only earn the bounty from the bounty list. Not going to a profile or searching. This would prevent alt abuse.
    This is to prevent potential abuse of the hitting system

3. The length of the bounty would be toggle able when setting the bounty. It would be 1, 2, 7, or 30 day options. This is for the person to set a length so if they thought the bounty would take long to complete they could save money and set a longer time instead of reseting the bounty.

Pricing:
    The cost of setting a bounty would depend on 3 things:

1. How much the reward is
    2. The time length set by the person that placed the bounty
    3. And the deposit

The first 2 are self explanatory but the third one is simple. The deposit would be paid (use 1b deposit for example) but on completion of the job the deposit would be paid back as well as a 5% bonus as a "job completing thank you

Please read all before comment

4. This was proposed in a thread last summer with a lot more effort. Think farr made it,not sure.

5. Sorry, it I would use boutnties to transfer massive transfers of good to my alt. It would never work.

6. I like this. We also should have credit cards in game.

7. Moose, you must have only read OP because Wars Billy just elaborated the whole concept. You wouldn't be able to give money to your alts. And even so, I think there's no way to go around that abuse in any of the features of the game.

8. Yes. I am a boon, so admittedly I don't know all game mechanics. I am also not sure I even like the OP's idea. But it seems to me that one of most obvious ways to check for the abuse of gold xfer to alts is to tax the bounty.

Let's say player x wants to set a 2b bounty on player y. In order to do this player x would have to put up the 2b plus the tax. I would suggest a very hefty 100% tax so that player x would have to put up 4b for a 2b bounty.

Why this would work:

1. A 100% tax makes using bounty a less efficient means of transferring funds than other available methods. Players will opt for more efficient method.
    2. A tax that steep will mean that the bounty system is not used capriciously. You're only going to place a bounty if you really mean it, not just to annoy someone.

9. You mean like, the one to pin him first claims the bounty?

10. Problem: how will this help the devs sell more nobs and xstals? You expect them to of this for free?

11. It would literally be just like the battle tab on your home page. And if the devs wanted to make money they could easily just offer a "featured bounties" section, so users will have to use 10 nobility or something to feature the bounty if they want it executed in minutes.

12. Yes. I am a boon, so admittedly I don't know all game mechanics. I am also not sure I even like the OP's idea. But it seems to me that one of most obvious ways to check for the abuse of gold xfer to alts is to tax the bounty.

Let's say player x wants to set a 2b bounty on player y. In order to do this player x would have to put up the 2b plus the tax. I would suggest a very hefty 100% tax so that player x would have to put up 4b for a 2b bounty.

Why this would work:

1. A 100% tax makes using bounty a less efficient means of transferring funds than other available methods. Players will opt for more efficient method.
    2. A tax that steep will mean that the bounty system is not used capriciously. You're less likely to place a bounty just to annoy someone.
    3. A bounty tax would be analogous to going an assassin's guild. You pay the guild, they take a cut and the assassin gets the remaining. Thus the tax would fit within a logical game storyline.

Against, I don't even know if I like the idea of a bounty.

As far as some of the other issues brought up.

1. Take the time to complete the bounty out of the hands of the players. Have a fixed time to complete (I would say 1-2 hours but not sure).
    2. Single player accepts the bounty and then has to complete. All bounties based on number of successful actions taken during the period. Not sure what that number would be.
    3. If target self pins that is analogous to RL assassin target taking evasive measures in order to stay alive. Nature of the beast.
    4. Failure to complete a bounty ought to have a downside such as losing 1/2 the bounty amount. This would make bounties a competitive feature of gameplay with both the target and the bounty hunter having an active role to play.

13. This is extremely exploitable for gold transfers. Please think before posting.

14. *noob. Autocorrect. -.-

15. In a different 3rd party game involving mafia you can set a bounty. It could work just set a k o bounty who ever gets the pin gets the bounty. Could be fun.

16. @fox, it's funny because you probably only read OP. If you didn't you would have noticed that we've covered that issue several times. Think before YOU post.

17. @everyone that keeps saying its would be to give alts money: please read my comment on the 5th page, there are easy ways to fix that type of abuse, you just need to put a bit of thought into it

18. People would abuse of this to make gold really fast