Dear ATA:

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by THEvBLACKaSWANn, Aug 9, 2014.

1. You definitely have put so much thought in this. Awsome ideas, now the main thing is if and when will ATA hear of these creative and absolute genius thoughts? Im watching

2. The thing is ebs our more profitable than wars. If that changes more people will participate in wars rather than constant ebs

3. Perfect idea, support

4. How do we know that sh isn't just a kaw build seceret they everyone found out? You don't like it, so you call it a exploit? If a sh can't build up bfa, then a lb is just as bad! People calling a sh a exploit with absolutely no proof. I'm going to believe sh is a build seceret until a kaw admin says it isn't. "Then why are they nerfing it" and bla blah blah? Maybe because of all the whinining babies?

5. Holy smokes! I would buy that for a dollar!
    Great idea much support.

6. Kaw com said sh is a build exploit lol

7. I like this idea... not that I war atm bcs I don't like the warring system and quite frankly I'm not really ready to war! but I support this idea fully!

8. Firstly, exo, sh is an exploit, you know that, its not a secret build, its an exploit build.

Secondly, the reason these exploits are around is because of the system, its exploitable so there are exploits, no exploitable system = no sh, or any other exploitable build

Thirdly, van how much bfa you got ? :lol:

Finally, sh is the reason participation is down, because in clan wars only tanks, sh and the odd ps will be able to war, most players that want to war in kaw are mids, get rid of sh and make them grow to mids = fair system so all mids, tanks and smalls can war = more participation like back before S2, when i remember the amount of matches,

AKA. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS SH

9. Are you people thick? The problem isn't about BUILDS, it's about ATA running the company into the ground by not running the company in an efficient and sustainable manner.. The doors are starting to come off and a lot of people aren't noticing because they don't care...

No one cares, ATA doesn't care, the "LB" of bought and sold alts don't care... The only people that care have left, because that's the only way to protest... You protest with your credit card, you don't spend money, you just either play for free and accept what happens, or you stop playing and find something new.. Either way it makes no difference because of the mindless spenders, "the children" will always waste money on useless things like kaw, games like this are a dime a dozen now on the App Store..

The apes don't care, the just want their bananas, this game has No long term plans for itself, it has become unsustainable with the rift in pay/non pay players, so basically, don't hold
    Your breath on any ground breaking changes for the better, for the long term.. 

10. Forcing ppl into these wars is a sure way to finish off this app.Theres a couple of reasons i can think of for ppl not warring one of them is the purchasing of xtals in the present economical conditions ppl cant afford to spend rl money on a app.The main reason for none participation is the device ppl play on,unless you have a fast pc on fibe or a min of 4g for phone or tablet wars are out due to the lag within the game.I personally can afford all the xtals i want but im not spending out mega dollars for a new device for a faster provider just to play a app.

11. Obviously if people wanted to war they would don't need epic keys most people just don't have time for wars or want too. So why make the game force you that's dumb

12. Genius. Too much support to put into words.

13. Milo in. He said not all players would have to war. Ur clan should be able to find 20 players every 5 days that can be active at the same time..

14. I agree with Op on variability. I'd like more configuration/ability options.

However on the forcing people to war...I used to war. It took ALOT of time and dedication. It ran my life for a while. I set my life around the war schedule. It was too much and I realized it was unsustainable. I liked the the sense of family/community that existed in the clan I warred in. I had to break away or be consumed.

Let's face it there are hoarders (possibly me :D ) that play this game. We just keep accumulating and accumulating for the day we are going to do whatever it is we are going to do. Enough is never enough. Your proposal will impact these players greatly.

Op I agree with your points on the way this game is run. I wish it was better but at the same time it has kept me playing for 4 years. :|

15. Maybe the devs should have shortened war. 1hr sign up, 30 min prep. All troops are auto restored once prep starts. Then the war is 1hr long. That's only requiring u to be on for an hour to an hour and a half longer

16. Another person thinking they are the solver of all ATA's problems. If you actually worked at ATA you would understand what their thought process is and why they do things.

17. @OP for as much as I agree that kaw needs more clans warring

You must realize that the prospect of matching your clan in war is why people do not war.

This is the chicken and the egg.

We need more clans warring but more clans will not war if they have a 90% chance to match a rising hawks or someone that stole their roster formula clan.

And it's a great roster formula. It guarantees victory( albeit cheap victory imho)

See if a mixed build clan matched a rising hawks type clan 30% of the time . That may be reasonable .

The problem is right now if you war with your clan of mixed builds, you will match that stacked clan 90%

So why should people bother?

Your idea is give them more stuff so they dont mind losing .

The best idea is give them a chance to win in the first place.

This will never happen as the players in this game know its ins and outs better than the devs themselves .

Or at least it appears that way.

So it is what it is. Devs continually fall fault on their face in regards to clan wars , because the truth of the matter is , usually whoever has the biggest builds, wins . and players will continually manipulate the system without regard to others to make that happen.

18. I added the following footnote the the original post, but in the interest keeping it fluid I'm pasting it here as well.

FOOTNOTE REGARDING SH/GH being exploits or otherwise bad for the game.
    This view is unequivocally shortsighted, selfish and destructive for the future of the game. One fundamental metric for KAW’s survival as a game is its ability to attract, integrate and retain new players into the game. In order for the game attract and hold new players they have to be able to ramp up quickly, there has to be a real opportunity to interact with the game at all levels. Whether you've played the game for 4 years or 4 months, there has to be some opportunity to meaningful engagement of players at all levels. Otherwise it’s a hopeless, hollow experience for new players. One commendable initiative ATA has carried out to help alleviate this chasm is the heavy discounting of lower tier – to help newer players quickly ramp up to a stat level that allows them to enjoy more of what the games offers. The existence of SH/GH is another critical piece to integrating new and veteran players, players of all sizes into the game. For a kid that started the game 2 months ago to have an opportunity to war with 3 and 4 year veterans is a hopeful and positive development.
    Let’s fix the war system by adding meaningful layers of complexity into builds, such that the number of variables, the combinations of unique build strengths and weakness in any given roster confound a formulaic silver bullet, where every war is a process of discover and strategy unfolding in real time. Nerfing or scapegoating SH/GH is not a solution; it’s another nail in the coffin of kaw. Just because the handful of whiners have cried long enough to bend the ear of kaw com doesn't make it an exploit

19. If participation is the issue, why blame the company? You can make the wars as amazing as possible, a lot of older players only wish to OSW, and there aren't many newer players cause' of how they are treated and how complicated KaW can be. Blame it on the community. But keep in mind it isn't really anyone's fault, and using shitty insults doesn't help or make you look good.