AGE AFFIRMATION ACHIEVEMENT BADGE

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by OMETOTCHTL1, Jun 25, 2014.

1. NO ONE WANTS TO VIOLATE THE LAW OR TOS ON PURPOSE

This is a post is made in order to create a good fix for the problem associated with communication between under age and legal age persons playing this game.

Everybody knows that there are players in kingdoms that are under the age of 18 or 21.

However, so far, there is no assurances as to whom you're talking to is over or under 21.

We all know it's inappropriate to talk about certain topics in the forums and in world chat, simply because there could and likely are kids present.

However I was surprised to learn that in private clan chat the same rules apply.

Apparently our clan was warned about role-play of an adult nature.

This brings to mind the fact that these rules are for a purpose. (One that most if not all here support.)

And that purpose would also apply to private chat sessions between two players.

I could see the situation where a player privately messages me and we engage in an adult subject of conversation.

What protection do I have or am provided when having conversations with someone whom I might believe is over the age of 21, but turns out not to be.

Even putting aside protection for me, what about protection for the other player.

There's nothing that stops a player under the age of 18/21 starting a conversation about adult subject material with another player who is over the age of 21 and being subjected to topics of conversation which ought not to occur.

This brings me to a quick fix. Create and achievement badge for players that make an affirmation as to whether they are over or under the age of 21. Make the achievement voluntary (Badge A is over 21 with verification to KAW, Badge B is merely clicking on it saying under 21 and Badge C is the default of no-age-specified)

This way clans which want to have adult content in their private plan chat self monitor whom they allow it. Only players over the age of 21 would be allowed into clan's that post on their wall 21 and over. And those clans chats are not subject to TOS restrictions on content to the same extent as others.

This protects adults from inadvertently making conversation for which there might be legal ramifications and liability.

This protects children and those under the age of 21 from being subjected to inappropriate speech inadvertently.

This protects KAW and the game from liability from some angry parent suing them for the content of a private message string.

This protects us all from having our private and semi private conversations monitored.

No one, except for a extremely small and sick minority wants to have inappropriate conversations with children.

This fix is the responsible action to take in order to avoid as much as possible any possible inadvertent improper conduct, be it in world chat clan chat or private chat.

2. Can't kids still lie about their age with the badge...

3. Whats to stop a 15 year old from choosing 21 badge and engaging in adult conversations?

4. 1) people lie
    2) why are you concerned with 21? 18 I could see, but this isn't a U.S. bar
    3) this has negative points as people could target younger aged people

5. Yea when i was young i would lie about my age on games where i was too young

6. I'm under 21 and I would just click over 21 

But support to op because our clan got warned by KaW in pm that we would be disbanded if we did "dirty rp" or rp that is dirty in clan chat. We got a notification and pm. That's so stupid.

7. Support. Im sure devs can figure a way out to verify age. Such as fb or along the lines. And yes it is crap that the devs gave us a warnin for rp in cc? Since when has cc EVER been moderated. Again, support

8. Badass barcode, people can easily lie on facebook too

9. You could move to PIMD, where that type of clan chat is allowed.

10. When do the devs mention anything about mature talk in cc? Cc is moderated by clan owner

11. we dont need any badge to solicit players ages. It is optional to say how old you are, but people will begin to target players with certain badges and that isnt okay. If a kid who is said age wants to lie to get into an exclusive age group clan then they have to deal with the repercussions themselves.

Cc isn't moderated. If said owner doesnt want players to be using 18 language then they can remove them from their clan.

As a closing thought, no support. We do not need anything to help solidify players ages within their own power. Theres already problems with players asking for 'said gender at said age' go chat or rp going around..this idea would help that.

12. I am clan owner. May i ask why we got pm from devs sayin not to use rp in cc? Plz explain that.

13. As op stated there would be an option that is verified by kaw. If you want to be sure then you accept only people with that badge.

14. Yet mods allow sexual orientation threads to linger for days. Great consistency!

15. @universe. Shut up nub. Me rock your world bruh

16. RESPONSE to above

1) Verification is required for the OVER 21 badge not just clicking it.

I tunes does this already I believe and maybe verification if desired, requires an email to KAW

2) no targeting underage players since it's voluntary and you can click under age or simply remain UN-SPECIFIED.

Only those wanting to be less concerned about censoring their PMs and CC would be affected.

17. Or you could go to PIMD.

18. Oh and as for fostering bad role play, this doesn't foster it - it just would help keep it where it belongs, between two adults - NOT an adult and a kid. Nothing wrong with talking dirty or making sexual innuendos - it's just doing it with a kid that's bad.

19. I'm still confused why your argument is for 21 and not 18

20. Of course were not all 18 its a 7 game