Proposal: Run Clan/Individual Wars Together

Discussion in 'Wars' started by War-Kage, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

The thing about running them at the same time, is that it would get way too complicated. It takes 15 say minutes to match up clans. And like 20 minutes to match up individuals into their own clan. Now at the same time, it could be catastrophic. Down the line an individual clan could match an actual clan due to errors. That's a problem! I just don't see it happening as it at the same time, and to that guy who said it would prevent boosting rancor, it couldn't really because most individual wars are 50/50, as they were meant to be

2. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

Dadragster,

Question, would it be bad if a stacked clan was matched with a random individual clan eg if it was stronger? It would still achieve the goal of a fair match up.

Donno

3. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

Kill em Donno :)

4. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

No it wouldn't be a fair matchup because that's how stacked clans get their cupcake matches now. Stack big/small and get a mid size clan that's ostensibly "bigger" in size and a "fair" match. Now we're back at square 1.

5. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

Support

6. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

Just change the times dummies 

7. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

SIGNUPS end at different times! Just make it like that! 

8. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

The stacked clan also has the advantage of experience and coordination on their side.

9. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

Support

10. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

Support

11. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

I see this as good possibility . Only problem would be the lb stacked clans and the sh stacked clans , may actually face a fair opponent , so then we'll hear complaints about that .

12. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

[​IMG]

13. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

@ Dadragster,

It doesn't take 15 minutes to match for wars. When clan match they either match or no match within a few minutes. Same for individual wars. I don't know why you think it would somehow overload the system. Perhaps you could explain that.

As for an clan roster being matched against an individual roster, I don't advocate that either. I think my original post was clear that the system I would suggest would be to let clans who cast for war be matched first (if you are willing to deal with the so called exploits, then cast for clan war). AFTER the clans are matched for war, then you make up the individual wars. CLOUD suggested perhaps an individual war signup deadline for 30 minutes after the clan matchups, so that people who tried to match in a clan but got a no match, could leave clan and be placed in an individual war.

Given that there is now a 2 hour window between matchups and the start of war, even if there were a slight delay, we are not talking about hours. So I don't see your point.

Could you explain more fully?

Cheers,

Kage.

14. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

What the ****. I just checked the war schedule. All INDIVIDUAL WARS? WHAT THE...

15. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

Agree kage. It should run both indi war n clan war at the same time. That would be interesting. Just a suggestion, it might be good also to mixed the match up between both of them to make it more fair match. Eg
    - war clan vs war clan
    - war clan vs indi war clan
    - indi war clan vs indi war clan.
    This would be more interesting n fair.
    Only for indi war clan vs indi war clan the roster can be flexy to accommodate participant.

16. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

Support

17. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

This defeats the reason for individual war, they were introduced because of roster manipulation with the sh, indivudual wars were bought in so the devs can make the risters and get rid of the one variable they cant fix the players

18. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

I think this is a great idea

19. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

Can't they make matchups based on head to hear player sizes so that each roster has an equal number if sh,mids,bigs,lb? If you can make a indie clan with roughly same roster head to head, it'll make things fairer.

20. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

SUPPORT BIG KAGE!