Individual Wars General Rant

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Valkyl_More_MaCHiNE, Jun 23, 2014.

1. I would rather war with 3 inactives then war a clan with 4 huge tanks and 7sh.

2. Interesting points Valkyl, I'd actually never thought about it from that perspective.

3. I liked the first round match ups better seemed a little more even similar builds and everything came down to strategy and activity EE 5 because of this never had a chance before because of stacking ...

4. Support.

Sure, there's two sides to every coin. But to get better and more matches, you need more people participating. "Individual" wars gives you that

5. Just keep both options for ee.

As a mid the individual wars have actually given me people I can hit rather than an 11 man roster filled with either sh or 3 lb and 8 sh.

As s4 approaches I hope they keep a healthy mix of each, guys that want to war with their clannies still can and those that like the roulette of being thrown into the mix and see what happens still can.

6. Couldn't disagree more val, it's not about even matches there are better ways of getting even matches - eg divisions that will address issues such as gh and sh. Getting a random match with builds that aren't built for ee, no mith, no xstals no experience blah blah isn't a fair match up it's luck. I already know many people are signing up multiple alts in hope they can leak if matched.

It builds no clan unity etc if devs were serious they would just create divisions with minimum and maximum stats. I love close wars winning or loosing but it's not to much to ask to war with your own clan with builds that suit ee, good wc and trackers. Maybe if there were clan rewards it would be a step in the right direction.

7. Dam I couldn't say it better myself. I totally agree with everything.

8. Having divisions won't solve the issue of clan unity unless you build a clan of only sh/lb/mids.

All clans have a mid of all builds of various shapes and sizes, the only way that segregating wars into divisions will work is with random selection.

9. *mix of all builds

Ac -.-

10. Well said Val  full support

11. Honestly that's what made asw so much fun. Warring against equal/stronger builds. You've gotta find creative ways to score and war.

One thing if hope the devs DON'T do is go back to majority classic wars. IMO the classic standard KO time is far too monotonous. The advantage wars give u a chance if you're down and also force more coordination and creativity on both sides.

One other suggestion would be to create teams for seasons and have 'regular season' and 'playoffs'. Offer the ability to 'relieve' or 'fire' certain warriors or even trade? There would have to be controls around it though as that could be abused also. But doing seasonal teams gives the ability for teams to grow together. Random clan assignments every 3 hours is kinda tough.

Just my 2 cents....but this would definitely eliminate sh/lb rosters. This way sh can war against their own kind :)

12. Nice rant.... I really want to understand how wars go on now. I only remember how we did wars 2010 style

13. Deano, when ee started most clans had multiple clans and options for account sizes. It would give incentives for people to join clans. But simple have individual wars for those that want it and standard wars for those that want to war with clan mates but don't expect experienced ee clans and individuals to support a solution that is like polishing a turd. I am sick of the direction of the game diluting clan importance it's hard enough to build one let alone a successful clan.

14. You could always run both systems. Have a set roster where stacked clans can face off against each other and run their stacked rosters vs other stacked rosters.

Then have an alternative system at the same time where you war as individuals for people who want to war but can't get into a stacked roster.

Also for inactive players run a negative ee spell so you lose plunder from being inactive in wars and have it stack to 5. Being active in a war drops it 1 level. Etc. Food for thought.

15. What i love about Val's post is that he is still excited about the game after all these years playing. Val continues to teach the game to all and push people to enjoy this great game.

We need more LB people to speak out about what is great about KAW and why they still play this crazy game. Tell us your views and how the game has been and can be great in the future.

Some things that Val said I agree with and some things the Big D said have validity.

The point being is they both care and enjoy the game. LB, there are hundreds if not thousands of KAW players who want to hear from our leaders who have seen much. have enjoyed much in the past years.

I heard a great comment many years ago that has always stuck with me. i will paraphrase.

"Don't just tell me something SUCKS, tell me why it SUCKS and how it can quit SUCKING
    OR don't tell me at ALL.

16. Best thing devs have done with wars to date in my opinion. Well said valk.

17. Great post Valk. Completely agree.

18. Very well said, Donno. Can't agree more. Matchups can be improved in a numerous ways, i.e. limiting the max/min cs in the roster, requiring bottom 5 not DTW for top 5, capping the max diff in BFA, etc. Individual wars are NOT a solution.

On the other hand, individual wars are a good way of bringing new players into the game if they are serious about wars and keen to learn. So both individual wars and clan wars can co-exist. Just that it can't fix the current matchups and it shouldn't replace the clan wars we have. A lot of problems including no wc/tracker, inactive alts/accts, free riders not willing to spend on xtals will never be resolved in individual wars.

19. Basically I disagree with the underlying premise of most of what Val said.

In my experience (admittedly largely at Silver) we do not want an LB/SH war. Nor do we want a war which is unbalanced in our favor. We want a war where both sides have solid war builds and the winner will be determined by teamwork and execution.

However, with the individual wars you have people who don't have war builds, are inactive, don't have pots or xtals, but nevertheless demand to play. All the effort a clan has used to build a team is thrown out the window. To use a sports analogy, it would be like the NCAA saying before the start of March Madness "You guys have done great, worked together as a team and qualified for a tournament. Now we are going to divide up your team and randomly place you with a bunch of street ballers. Good luck." The thought alone is stupid.

But that seems to be the sentiment here. Everyone "demands" to be a part of war when they have not put in the time or effort to actually learn the fundamentals or --God forbid-- put up towers that might actually hurt their precious EB plunder. NO NO. That would be WORK, and we all know that is a four letter word (although not bypassed for some reason).

I do not deny there are those that exploit LB/SH to try to get an easy war. But don't intimate that all war clans use that exploit. They don't. Many of us want a straight up fight. But we want to do so with our team. The ones we have fought beside and can depend on. Not a random smattering of people we don't know or trust.

My two cents.

Cheers,

Kage.

P.S. on a different thread I propose having a dual sign up system. Cast WoC and remain in clan for clan v. clan wars, or cast WoC and leave your clan to be placed in individual wars. Best of both worlds. Check it out and I would appreciate your comments.