A Trading Post

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Nudge248, Jun 14, 2014.

1. I would like to propose a "Trade post" feature to be added to the game.

This feature would allow players to trade various equipment and items.

My reason for this is that players work hard to obtain their equipment and items in wars, ebs, special events etc and many players actually spend plenty of money to get them too. Based on these reasons we should be able to use them or pass them on to others as we see fit. Many items collected over time actually become of no value to many players and should be allowed to be passed on to others.

I envisage the trading post system to work as follows:

1. A Trade button is added to the User profile (near the wall , chat , hire and attack buttons on the phone and near the attack, spy and buy buttons on the PC).

2. A "Trader" can find people to trade with ( a Tradee) by posting on the forum, cc and wc.

3. Once the "Trader" has found a suitable "Tradee" willing to trade what they believe is a fair trade for the equipment or item they want to trade they then navigate to the "tradees" profile page and select the Trade Button.

4. A trade screen appears and the Trader has to select the equipment he is going to trade.

5. The "Tradee" then receives a message (similar to what we get when someone PM's you) stating that playerX has requested a trade. "Tradee" presses the view button and is taken directly to the trade screen at 4 above.

6. The "tradee" then has to select what they are offering up for the trade.

7. Assuming both trader and tradee have placed what was agreed on the trade screen both people have to press an Accept option. (Note you must actually have the equipment on inventory to be able to place it up for trade.)

8. At this moment the trade takes place. (Catch 1 - also at this moment both trader and tradee are charged a xtal for the trade. No xtals in your stocks, no trade can take place. This will keep everyone honest and will limit trade abuse as there is a cost to use it. Also will keep devs happy because people may buy xtals to trade.. alternatively the Tradee doesn’t get a xtal charge fee).

9. A message is sent to both players that the trade has taken place and what was traded.

What Equipment and items can the “Trader” trade:
    - Any equipment that can be worn
    - Relic Scrolls
    - Cloths
    - Steels
    - Bloodwoods
    - Hunt equipment

What can’t the “Trader” trade:
    - Permanent Items
    - Spy and Attack items (including Seals, Horns)
    - Gold
    - Mith
    - Nobility
    - Xtals
    - Aqua and Inferno (these keeps people doing ebs for it)

What can the “Tradee” trade in return:
    - Any equipment that can be worn
    - Relic Scrolls
    - Cloths
    - Steels
    - Bloodwoods
    - Hunt equipment
    - Seals, Horns
    - Xtals
    - Gold (A Gold only trade should have a minimum transaction perhaps 1 Bill)

Catch 2 - When Equipment is placed up for trade it defaults back to level 1. (new owners must have their own aqua and inferno to enchant it)

Examples of trades..
    1. I have 6 talon ring scrolls I don’t need because I’ve already enchanted the ring, I can trade all 6 to one of my clan members for a minimum gold trade or better and it will cost us both a xtal each.

2. I have 6 talon ring scrolls and I can trade one with 6 different people… it will cost me 6 xtals.

2. I see so many ways for abuse.

3. I don't see many ways for abuse when you charge for it. This idea has been suggested before, but you've laid it out nicely. I'd like to see this feature added into the game.

4. I agree that people will try to abuse it, hence the xtal charges to limit abuse and the minimum gold trade so people do not give it away. (charges and min trade can be increased)..

What we need to be clear here is what people term as abuse...

Please discuss your abuse thinking Living.

5. Agreed rouge, I'd like to see something like this added to the game. Support op!

6. Nicely done Nudge..support

7. Shouldn't put mith up for trade. Non war builds can trade the mith to get the war eq

8. So I could start an alt, do a few quests for the crystal, get one steel or clothe, and then trade with my main for a few tril?

How is that not abuse?

9. No.......just no.......

10. It would be exciting to have the new feature added to the game along with a few tweaks of coarse. Support! :)

 v๑ʆ₮རvར₮ƴ 

11. No support. Trading things such as equipment is a bad idea. In theory, it's a good idea to have a trading feature. However, in reality... It isn't.

12. Well, honestly it's a lot more work than it's worth, but this is probably the best thought out trading thread I've seen up to date on KaW. And believe me I've seen dozens of noobs suggest this. It's a great idea, and it would definitely increase PvP incentive. Why? Because I'll perm farm someone with request of their equipment or etc. so KaW would be a lot more PvP!

13. support for op,nicely thought out . Yes abuse could happen but it would be a work in motion like most of the devs ideas. The little guys can get some equip they would not have access to and we get to trade our junk instead of it being useless.

14. Bump ohh and support

15. Give me 99t or be farmed. You've 5h.

16. Sure but it will also cost your main a xtal.

Some ways to remove this problem would be...
    1. A gold trade could be capped .
    2. Don't have the gold trade option
    3. Remove xtal drops from quests for all new members and just replace them with better gold drops (I will point out that the quests are rather poor now and should be revamped anyway)

17. NO SUPPORT! Simply no.

18. It's not really abuse if ur paying for it. I mean if someone's paying to send their alts good scorpion eq to a main, Idc tbh. It's them taking work to run two accounts n they're not getting it exactly free