[RECAP] The New Pots

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by kaw_admin, Jun 12, 2014.

1. We'd like to take the time to recap our intention with the New Potions, The Feedback we received from you, and our plans Moving Forward.

For more information on the Potions Release, see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=163732

Why were the new Potions released?

Whenever a new tier of buildings is released, a new tier of Potions comes out with it, to help balance out the new building stats. These new pots were meant to balance out the latest Tier of buildings.

In general, potions are intended to provide a temporary means for smaller accounts to hit larger accounts, at a recurring cost.
    The smaller accounts would still need to grow to catch up in strength permanently, but this gives them a viable option in a pinch.

Why did we remove the new Potions?

Based on your excellent feedback, we've come to the following conclusions:

The Potions further exasperated the Spy Hansel issue.
    It made it so a Spy Hansel could hit larger accounts even easier, and the plunder generated would easily compensate the cost of the Potions being used.

They also increase the cost of PVP across the board
    This significantly discouraged OSWs and general PVP.
    With EE, the increased Pot costs contribute towards Mithril earn, but this doesn't help any of the other forms of PVP.

They were unlocked too early in game progression
    Since exactly one of each Pot can be used in a single attack, introducing a new pot effectively widened the reach of weaker players to stronger players.
    This should have been offset by the new tower buildings, however, because the new pots are unlocked too early, it is actually affecting players who don't have access to the new buildings.

The new Pots made BFA/BFE less effective
    New pots made larger account more vulnerable than before and the BFA/BFE they worked hard to get suddenly had little effect.

On one hand, pots are meant to provide a temporary boost of power for small players to challenge bigger ones.
    However, on the other, the pots were too easily accessible with too big of an impact.

Moving Forward

We will be reviewing the stats, the cost and the unlock requirements of the new pots before we consider bringing them back.

We will also be giving more notice for future incoming changes.

Improving EE wars is still our primary goal.

We want to provide a balanced and competitive PvP mechanism.
    We understand the current problem with imbalanced matchups and the unfair advantage of certain builds.

We're currently experimenting with some completely new war rules with our beta testers and gathering their feedback before we launch any new war changes.

2. Thank you devs

3. Thanks for listening to community!

4. When will we know we was selected for beta testing?

5. You failed the link. Noob.

6. Beta wars are going on? If so, i wasnt selected :(.

7. Appreciate ya

8. Good job KaW, and quick question. Does Naz still work at ATA?

9. Bring them back! People will adapt as they always do. Let them cry it out. They'll always cry.

10. Thanks kaw, you do listen 

11. I'm so glad you people at ATA don't sell used cars...

So glad  keep up the great work 

12. Spy Hansel huh

Thanks for listening though

13. Thanks for listening to Player feedback, I realize that making a game not everyone will agree. I think the devs should make a poll system when they release a new item or event or anything that the players vote for what they want. It would probably have many ways to be cheated cause you can make Alts but it seems like a good idea to me

14. To be honest your pvp system needs updated so badly that I was expecting new pots soon. You can no longer pot burn someone in pvp and the re-potting cost is so cheap that as the attacker you can't keep up(unless you're much bigger then the person you're hitting).

Why don't you take the time to address your pvp plunder system before making any other changes

15. The best explanation thread I've seen in awhile. Every point was excellent. Thank you for tuning in to our feedback. 

16. For a second I thought this was pretty transparent, until you decided to use the term 'spy hansel' over 'shadow hansel'. You aren't fooling anyone :lol:

17. Id like to be a beta tester.

18. Only bronze bars..for real?