Why not role play

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Samantha_Traynor, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Before you tell me to go to pimd, read:

Tl:dr kaw is the perfect place for solid text based RPGs as you are in the mindset of fantasy. Stop thinking dirty.

Anywho, I am always a fan of setting off on gm envisioned adventures. I think they could be beneficial to the kawmunity because ata is looking for ideas and some amazing thoughts for EBs, equipment, and such are possible in a DnD esque rp set up.

I put this in fan fiction because this is my favorite forum and I feel that a good rp session could inspire many tales and short stories. Whether it's about your character's origin or the entire made up realm, the addition of possibilities is staggering,

Obviously there are those people who use rp in less appropriate ways but what about us nerds who just want to complete riddles and mind benders with a group?

Still reading? (I know, I have little faith)
    I have an idea for a forums based solid rpg that is more in depth than what I would put into the forum games section. There would be a main thread in forum games or whatever called KaWPG where a contribution based world can be created. The rpg itself could be played on this or another. To play, you create a well written fan fiction short story about your character: origins, description, and maybe relationships with other characters. The thread on your page after can act as an inventory/ quest log/character sheet. The gm(s) could also use these as message systems to players or whatever. Your thread in fan fiction would be like KaWPG:Character Name. And each adventure would have a written out introduction in fan fiction. Basically the character pages and the quest pages would need to pass for the first chapter of a book that could be on it's own

I get that the game idea has holes like managing people joining at random times and keeping out spammers and dirty minded 12 year olds but I think there is potential for a good rpg as there are many a nerd on here, like me.

And you don't need to be an English major but try to spell well and make coherent sentences

Trolls, feel free to run free
    Supporters, let's figure this out!

Love,
    Sam

2. This is a good idea but ff just isn't active enough for this to work because it's not on at. Also, rp is looked down on not just for the reasons you mentioned, there was that massive thread with thousands of replies that just spiraled into horrible spam and that's why ff isn't on at...

3. Is activities active enough for the whole thing?

4. Can my character be the story of my player's kingdom?

Alas, as a founding village, our kingdom belonged to the guilds of Hopeful Misfits, among which our people quickly moved on from into another clan of kingdoms. Of which, our armies grew massive, and powerful. New technology enhanced our people's ranks among the high orders into Conclave of Shadows. CoS promised peace and home for our people. Peace sufficed for a year until the great war. Our people grew weary and apathetic to the causes to fight and withdrew inactively to daily duties and the clan removed our membership. After revived interest, the clan was slaughtered in horrific battle. All friends laid strewn across the battlefield--men never to return or breathe again. No kingdom remained in this clan of glory. No kingdom ever returned and there were no signs of citizens that survived the attacks. Our kingdom wandered restless seeking refuge and home for years. Finally, we laid down the swords in a clan by the name of Legions at War. Peace ushers our lands once again, but never to forget those fallen--old friends and family who suffered so greatly.

5. I love RP games. Except for the inappropriate ones.

I've been in a good RP thread with a few other people before. And it was amazing. The possibilities were endless.
    But the main problem is that RP is looked down upon, and FF isn't active enough. Also, keeping out the trolls, spammers, and perverts would be hard as hell.

I would love to take part of an actual RP if there were other average (at least) writers doing it too. If you have a bunch of illiterate people doing it, it's just a disgrace.

6. True but i would join