EE Guide

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by -IIXII-AJ-IIXII-, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Disclaimer: Parts of this thread has been taken from another thread or
    received from other players for a more informative guide. (I have placed a * by what I have
    received help on.)

Estoc Edge Guide

Hello all! I was warring the other day when someone in Clan Chat said it was their first EE. I
    decided to follow them and assist them throughout the war. Which got me thinking, the guide,
    although helpful, doesn't fully explain EE at this time period. So, I figured to make this thread
    to help new kawers learn about EE and how to war effectively. (If anything is wrong, please
    follow me and let me know. I will change it.)

Index

Backstory
    Vocabulary
    Basics
    Strategies*
    Rewards*
    FAQ/QA*

Vanished Paladins Backstory

Long before the Mage uttered her fateful curse, an unusual incident befell the Red War
    Paladins…

It happened on a still, moonless night, when the faint rustle of the desert wind was the only
    sound to be heard.

No shrieks pierced the noiseless night, yet in the morning, the captain
    awoke to discover five of his bravest soldiers gone—vanished without a trace.
    the captain claimed the men fled of their own volition, they were cravens not worthy of the
    Paladin name. Yet inwardly, the captain knew this was a lie…

For the vanished knights were of the bravest stock—they had not fled, they had been taken.
    Though a man of questionable virtue, few believed the Paladin Captain would betray his own
    men.

Yet after an ill-fated game of chance with the infamous mercenary, Rancor the Razer,
    the Captain struck a duplicitous deal.
    Rather than part with his beloved treasure, the Paladin Captain sold his best soldiers to
    Rancor.

A kidnapping was arranged, and under dark of night, Rancor the Razer took his spoils.
    The Paladin army was henceforth split in two factions: the remaining Red War Paladins, and
    the small group of soldiers taken by Rancor.

Betrayed by their captain, the taken Paladins chose a new name—the Vanished Paladins—and adopted Rancor's cruel, merciless fighting style.

The Vanished Paladins will stop at nothing to eradicate the Paladin Captain and his remaining
    Red Paladin forces.

The blood feud between the Paladin Captain and Rancor the Razer raged on.

To distinguish their armies, the rival leaders took up fierce animal helms—the Paladin Captain
    chose the mighty grizzly bear, while Rancor chose the lone wolf.

As kingdoms and clans are forced to take sides in this epic war, the realm is plunged into utter
    chaos. Neither captain is virtuous, for powerful men are rarely pure of heart—nevertheless a
    choice must be made.

Will you stand and fight with the traitorous Bear, or slink into the shadows with the Wolf?
    Prepare for cruel betrayals, shifting allegiances and the breakdown of ancient truces. Trust no
    man—for many a warrior would sooner stick a knife in your back then reveal his true allies

Vocabulary

Kaw slang used during EE.

WC - War Commander
    Tracker - Person timing your enemies regeneration time.
    CC - Clan chat
    Spam - Continuously using attacks on said player until they go through.
    Clear CC - No more talking
    WR - War Roster
    CR - Clan Roster
    ADT - Attack Defense Towers
    SDT - Spy Defense Towers
    Mith up - Activate your mithril
    WoC - Wave of Conflict
    Ko - Knocked out/Knock out
    Sko - Self Knockout/self knocked out
    Sweep - Checking enemy roster to see who is not ko
    SH - Shadow Hansel
    PS - Pure spy
    Mid - Medium Roster Build.
    Tank - Builds with high amounts of ADT/SDT
    LB - Accounts high up on the LB.
    SB - Scout Bomb

Basics

Before you decide to war, make sure you have enough Crystals, Nobility, Potions, Mithril
    and the time to war. Make sure you read the War Description before casting to see what time
    is the war and to see how many crystals you will need to use. If you do not have a regular war,
    clan, be sure to look early for a clan. Ask your friends or patrol WC and find a knowledgeable
    clan to war with.

After all that, the war is approaching you. Most clans will have a war briefing 45 Minutes to 30
    minutes BEFORE the war starts (Be EARLY.) There, your WC will give
    you a briefing on what you are to do. Then, your Tracker will go over how he will display who
    is up and who is about to be up. (Pay close attention.) IF you are late, DO NOT ASK IN CC
    WHAT TO DO OR WHO TO HIT. Follow your WC/Tracker and get the information in PM.

During the war, be sure to follow your WC's initial targets, after that, go for the targets your
    Tracker calls out. If you are just coming out of ko, dump troops and fail steal to re-sko
    yourself.

How to find War schedule:

Mobile Device -

Click clan, then clan events and at the top you should see a red button called "War Schedule" the times are in YOUR current TZ.

For Individual wars -

You must leave your clan 2 hours before the war start time and cast WoC. You will be placed inside of a Dev made war clan.

ETC

Have at least 200 of each Potions. Be sure to check and see how much mith costs you. Have enough gold out to buy 14 Mithral during sign ups. You can not buy buildings or change equipment after your clan has been matched. Bank gold in Bronze Bars or Allies.

The hit range is approximately 6 times your stats up and 1/6th down.

The requirements to war in most decent war clans are:

For Tanks: 3M SDT/3M ADT(Minimum)
    For PS: No attack buildings.
    For Hansel: 3M ADT/ 2M SDT
    For SH: SoS Level 1 on all LL/HL - HF is 5-6 elven temples level 1
    For Spragga: All stables (Myth)

War Strategies*

COMING SOON.

Rewards*

There are many rewards you will obtain from winning your Estoc War, but the three main
    rewards are…

1. Estoc Edge
    2. Mithril
    3. Special Equipment for Purchase(All the time)
    4. Season special equipment(Only obtainable during that season)

Estoc Edge

Estoc Edge, commonly known as “EE”, is a spell you obtain when you win your Estoc War. If
    you are active in your clans Estoc War and your clan loses, you will lose one level of your
    Estoc Edge. Estoc Edge gives a boost to Epic battle Plunder, and Item drop rate. There are 5
    levels of Estoc edge, each granting a higher bonus than the last. Each spell lasts for 2 weeks
    unless you lose each level of spell you previously obtained due to losing your clans Estoc
    War.

Level 1 EE offers a 25% bonus, as a bronze colored spell.
    Level 2 EE offers a 35% bonus, as a bronze colored spell.
    Level 3 EE offers a 42% bonus, as a silver colored spell.
    Level 4 EE offers a 47% bonus, as a silver colored spell.
    Level 5 EE offers a 50% bonus, as a gold colored spell.

Mithril

Mithril used to be only be obtained through gold on randomly selected periods of the months.
    Mithril is now able to be purchased in the Alchemist for gold(price varies depending on build
    size) with a limit of 36 per day, and a maximum of 6 mithril bars held at a time. Mithril is a Main
    reason Estoc Wars are so popular because you receive a Huge amount of Mithril bars for
    winning your Estoc War compared to a regular war. Mithril is used to cast spells, and recently,
    Mithril has been used to purchase the new Red Paladin equipment in the Alchement. The

Mithril Payout Formula is as follows:

Your contribution = Your Mithril Spells used* Your Attack Items Spent defensive Items you
    caused your opponents to use

Your Payout = Your contribution Your cut** of the sum of your opponent's contribution

*Mithril spells must be cast after you receive the notice to cast them, and before the battle
    starts in order to qualify for the payout

**Your cut is determined by your involvement in the war.

2. FAQ/QA*

Q. How Long are These Wars?
    * These Wars are 1-2 hours.

Q. When does the Pot Update?
    *The Plunder Pot Updates Every 5 Minutes.

Q. Why can't I hit Outside of the War?
    * If you could hit players outside the war it would be too easy to self-ko yourself. The devs
    made it this way to keep you warring your opponent.

Q. How long am I Knocked Out for?
    * You are Knocked out for either 10 minutes or 7 - 15 minutes before you are back in the
    war. (See war description EACH war.)

Q. How many crystals Can I use?
    * You can use a maximum of 1 crystal for a 1 hour war and 2 crystals for a 2 hour war, each
    war.

Q. When can you Forfeit?
    * You can not forfeit a war.

Q. When is roster lock?
    * Roster lock is when your clans roster is locked in its current position. Once you get notified
    who you will be warring, No one can leave or join the clan until after war. (Approximately 2
    hours before war start time.)

Q. Why can't I buy Mithril?
    * You can only buy Mithril if you have less than 6 Bars already. You must cast the spell(s)
    then rebuy, then recast.

Q. Why was the Tower Build mechanics changed?
    * The were deemed "unfair" to the other players warring.

Q.When should I Cast spells?

* Cast spells when you are having your clan War Briefing. Do not cast before you get the
    notification to Mith Up. The Mithril you use for spells during this time will be added into the
    Mithril Received at the end.

Q.How does the Wave of Conflict (Opt-IN) spell work?
    * Players will have to cast the Opt-In (Wave of Conflict) BEFORE matchups, casting it after
    matchups does not work

* FOR ADMINS, When you sign up for an Estoc Trial, we will
    inform you on the # of players who have opted in for that war

* FOR ADMINS, If your clan members affect the qualified
    number of participants in any way (leaving the clan, casting Wave of Conflict etc), and that
    number exceeds or falls below the requirements for the event, the clan will be disqualified. It
    will be up to you to manage your members and ensure that your clan meets the size
    requirements at all times.

Q.When can I leave a clan who is participating in Estoc Trials?
    * You may leave your clan 30 minutes before the signup ends for the upcoming war. After
    this point, you may no longer leave the clan until the war is over.

CLAN ADMINS If you want to let new members into your clan
    before signup ends, cancel your signup, get the new member in, and then sign up again *edit*

Q: Wave of Conflict - Clarifications
    * The Wave of Conflict always opts you in for the FIRST war within the next 24 hour period.

Example

* Casting Wave of Conflict will only opt you in for War #1, not War #2. To opt in for War #2,
    you have to cast it again after War #1 is over.

Q. Forfeit Option
    * There will be no forfeit option in all Estoc Trial - Rancor Wars - Seasons

Thank you Lordsavan, Omar and Mikezilla for helping me with this thread.

3. Updates

6/1/14

Fixed spacing and changed outdated info.

4. Nice effort AJ

5. Great job Aj

6. I made one of those like half a year ago, and gotta say, this was written with way more thought and sense. Good job!

7. Good , straightforward "heads up" for players new to EE or thinking of participating in the near future ( take note new guys ) good job man 

8. Thanks, sorry about all the spacing, it looks great on PC..lol

9. I'm a ps looking for war

10. Nice guide mate!

11. Awesome work bud…much appreciated 

12. Perhaps add what sitting and counter mean during war especially since ee noobs wont know :)

13. Nice Job AJ

14. For strat theres really only 2 main groups with some variation or sub groups per say. Control and turtle. Add those few things and you have an amazing thread

15. @Eclipso,

Lordsavan is giving me that part monday.

16. nice thread. keep up the good work