JUST FIX MATCH UP SYSTEM PLEASE

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by HTLFreak, May 31, 2014.

1. Devs, I appreciate the work you are putting into KaW (even though that is what our money we give you is for) however I, and I am sure others, would really appreciate it if you would just fix the match up system then look into all of these changes if they still seem necessary. As I have stated in other posts, even if you do implement these changes you are telling us about, it will only be a temporary fix. Once people see how the changes affect war they will just find another way to manipulate the match up system in which is causing all of these issues in the first place. The "fix" for the GH is proof of that because now it just went to SH. If you would have focused on fixing the flawed match up system then you would not be having to make all of these test wars to look at plunder differences and BFE and BFA. PLEASE focus your energy on fixing the match up system so that mids rosters will be match against other mids rosters and the LS/SH rosters will get matched against other LB/SH rosters and so on. I truly believe that if the match up system were fixed you would start seeing a lot more people warring again but if you keep looking at and trying to fix everything else that is not broken then you will only continue to lose more and more high paying players.

I think instead of looking at hit ratio for the match up, I think you should break the clan rosters into groups of 3 players per group and compare the overall CS (BFE, BFA, and CS combined) of the top group in clan 1 with the top group in clan 2 then the second top group in clan 1 with the second top group in clan 2 and so on. If you do something like that then the match ups will have to be very close in stats which should make the match ups good ones. The only other thing you would need to do is lock the BFA stats, not lock the buying of allies but take a snap shot of the BFA each player has and make that their BFA for the war so that they can still buy allies to bank gold but not have it affect the war stats.

Just my $0.02

2. Matchups always depend on how many clans warring. Yes, I agree hit ratio isn't effective and clans should be compared in matchups according number of LBs,middle,SH/GH .... So clan full of middle should be matched with clan full of middle (no SH/gh/LB)

3. The matching algorithm they use is flawed, I agree. But I have noticed more fair matchups lately. Better than those in S3 (Which sucked) I think the devs are doing just fine right now. They will continue to work on the war system just as they always have

4. I do not think it is getting better from what I have seen, I think just less non LB/SH rosters are warring. I know the clan -I-n-s-t-I-n-c-t- was matched against an all SH clan 2 days ago so they had 2 bigs that had no one to hit the entire war.

5. Ok, I do see a flaw in my suggestion. If there is no BFA cap and BFA is considered as part of the match up then the high BFA SH's can be matched against mids which will give the SH a big plunder advantage. The only way I can think of to combat that without taking from their hard work of gaining their BFA is to make it part of their overall CS when plunder is calculated on successful attacks. That way you encourage the SH's to spend the massive amounts of gold on building their account however they will still have the option to appear small but not get the big advantage of the massive plunder difference. Example would be currently a 8mil cs attack build would make next to nothing from a SH with 3mil cs and 5mil CS of BFA but the SH would make tons of plunder from the 8mil CS player. If you make the BFA part of the plunder calculation then the 2 players will make the same amount of plunder from each other.

If you do this with the plunder and you take my suggestion I posted above then you can also avoid a clan from having a massive big or 2 with massive BFA getting matched against a clan that does not have the massive bigs but without the massive BFA which makes them lose before they even start.

6. Maybe if people didnt use Lb/Sh to get matches thing would be better but you guys continue to try doing it. Also maybe if you actually tried warring RH you wouldhve.more of a chance at beating them. Worm were unbeatable once but the clan i used to war with beat them because we actually tried.

7. Sorry. Worms were close to unbeatable. *

8. Good luck getting all of KaW to not take advantage of system flaws...let me know how that is working out for you. :roll:

Also, I follow WC orders so take it up with him if you have a problem with that.

9. god u write fast mate

10. People make to much complaints

11. Yep, matchup's are the issue and frankly I'm leaning towards warring my alts only in the individual wars.

Did the Thursday war, got crap match where none of us could hit their top 4.

Did the Friday individual war and got a very fun, even, match with no issues.

Did today's war #2....and back to the utter garbage that can't be explained. We had a LB account, 4 big guys, 1 large pure spy, and 8 beefy SH with full equip and good bfa. ... And we matched a pure SH roster.

How? How could that possibly line up in the devs' program? Our roster literally had 10 times the CS they did, similar bfe, and just as much bfa.

Amazing that the two clans could possibly be considered a match.

12. There shouldn't be all sh rosters but rosters like 3 bigs 2 ps 5 sh 5 towered mids are good...

13. THOSE are the types of rosters that get farm matches