An Update on Wars

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, May 13, 2014.

1. U guys do realize bfa is accounted for in pay? I mean grossly under accounted for but it is factored in

2. Yeah but barely. Its ludicrously behind the inflation of the ally market (sonething which will only get worse if bfa is left unchecked by new formulas and scaling).

3. Hmm I don't do much ee but IMO nerfing the reward (scaling equipment) is definitely going to motivated more people to join ee wars for a chance at equipment that has just been made not valuable.

I honestly don't see making equipment scale working. If that's what you want to do come out with a new set of ee gear to buy that has a scaling stat in it that is better then current gear.

The better idea I have seen on the thread (won't be the best for bigs) is make all actions pay the same then sh don't get a stupid bonus for succeeding on a big and a big can hit an sh and it can actually help the war. Unlike the current arrangement where sh get massive plunder and the mid/big cant make half that. That right there should even things out a bit though it does make the size of the build rather unimportant. It would have to be a careful implementation but a set per action plunder for both sides could make wars much more even. Of course I do not suggest that scouts pay the same as a plunder hit (nor am I suggesting they should pay out).

4. Right now an LB can make 80m off of me easily because of their bfa and lose what, a few hundred thousand gold per hit on hte because of their op bfa to get that? The loss from over owning does not even come close to matching the benefits of having done so.

5. Scaling is not needing equip ..... And doing it across the board effects everyone all it really does is lesson the overwhelming power it gives u at low bar which really only messes with low att/spy att stat builds under current mechs ... It's the way it should have always been

Again I say I fight with a knife it gives me plus 5 att now u hand me a m-16 it gives me plus 200 att way better right ? And static ? Yes

But wat if I'm killed in combat? How much bonus do I get from having an m16 then ?

Zer0!!! Cause I can't use it ... That's all they are doing as u have less troops there are less versions of that equip being used on the field making ur over all att weaker

Each troop is outfitted with ur current equip u have 40,000 of them all with bonus that bonus total is 131 mill att Bfe as ur troops die some of that equip is left on the field useless so ur bonus doesn't include the equip u can't carry

Kinda like how ur troop plunder goes down as ur troop number lessons because there are no troops to carry it

As troops regen they are outfitted with ur equip set u have chosen and placed back on the field of battle

Ur account is not just 1 person and u die or get koed as life bar goes down it's many thousands of troops and spies this better reflects game mechanics and rl

6. Nerfing * not needing in first sentence

7. Good change wit war system, soon more will war. Didn't know Estoc lvl give good amount of plunder. Otherwise I will try to war more ;). U still don't lose Estoc lv when u lose a war right?

8. no support to scaling bfe

9. so scaling bfe basicaly means turning equipment into % bonus rather than static? (pinioned boots for example)

10. So basically every equipment will scale like the abyssal blade? That's a terrible idea. Like, the worst idea that the Devs have ever had. That makes all equipment strictly worse. Don't do it, no support.

11. Correct. Icetails, soulreapers, will all be replaced by dumb abby blades if bfe gets scaled because static is meaningless and spy att will be mute as well.

12. Yes u lose level in defeat

13. Maybe wait until they test it before u pass judgements. Get out there and war

14. I'm just gonna sit back and watch EE burn itself out.

15. If BFE scals it gives more use for spy builds because if they assn down a tank your tank has an even larger advantage. Also it is unfair because once your kod you can't hit anyone if they have have higher troops which increases their bfe. It does change it so its not a complete sko war but you should be able to have an sko war fairly unless it's single elimination KO.

16. Scaled bfe? So like a % for everything? That sounds crap but the rest sounds good 

17. You guys should make it so it only affects war cause that's what everyone seems to whine about.

18. Really scaling the best idea and most needed fix is the one ur all worried about?

Not the potential issues capping the bfa in the way the devs explained it can cause huge issues with anyone with bfa?

They want to limit u buying cs to wat u have at time of matching ... All well and good in a perfect world

But this isn't a perfect world think of the strips 30 seconds to lock? 50t (or smaller amounts) bought and no way to bank the cash at all

Or at start of war a 2 t Allie for 10 mill cs is bought now u have to find an Allie for 10 mill cs only cause that's ur cap and spend as much of that 2 t as u can all while under fire ...

Or even worse for smaller players u have ur 6 mill cs 500 bill only Allie hired now u need to spend whatever u have left out while taking hits while not going over 6 mill cs

This would be my number 1 concern

19. Infamous -
    But your hansels will have a higher chance of leaking, because their BFE isnt static like their towers are. And there strength will fall faster because it's not static BFE anymore. Static BFE made EE actually diverse, but with everything going to a %, lots of builds will struggle more then ever. If you don't have lots of BFA, you will struggle. Anyone that's not a big or LB will struggle more than ever. Equip gave us a giant advantage, but now EE will just be a giant sit on people fest, no more turtle wars. Whoever has the most strength/Defense will win.