Beginners at War

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, May 8, 2014.

1. Se phoenix I was just saying that making new players so easily and readily accessible makes them highlighted targets  for bad people

2. @Neko

People would stay longer if there if an actual person would teach them rather than a thread. They could ask questions and talk more.

3. I see what you're getting at i suppose, but believe me i can find and farm new players easily now if i wanted to.

4. Perhaps I misunderstood what you meant by "Mentor Chat". I took it to mean "mentors-only". Now I realize that that was probably a really bad interpretation lol.

Basically, what we're probably in agreement with is some method of communication between new players and whatever mentors there happen to be.

5. Most "mmo" games have atleast a 7 day protection against being attacked, unless you attack someone. I'm thinking you could impliment this into the game so players can safely ask in worldchat, and do ebs freely.

6. Except this is Kingdoms at WAR...

Attacking people off of BL is supposed to be the point; EB's are secondary...

>_<"

7. A nice add on would be the forum spell
    Which they can gain a false sense of self importance of their crappy ideas and what the devs need to do to the game .
    This spell would also include the ability to make know it all type comments on forums while only being mildly to rarely active in the actual game of kaw

8. And, spys were never meant to be a big part of the game, now look at your build. Things change. They are going to do EBs to grow to compete, nothing can change that. The best we can do is help them out.

9. To the Devs who monitor this, please have support email me back about my advertising offer.

10. kingdoms at eb but whatever, you have plunder to gain, find out what you should be building, learning the basics ect so I don't think the bl is a priority on your first week.

11. Neko .. Yes its 'kingdoms at war' but for newbs its 'kingdoms bigger and more experienced than you farming you to submission'

Search some allies in any range 60b and below, and check how many of those inactives have wall posts where they were farmed

12. Cool idea I love it

13. Very nice, I do suggest you put a link to the "KaW Timeline" thread in your tutorial notification thing. That way they can also learn KaW history.

14. *shrugs* fair enough. I guess I'm behind on the times lol.

15. This may be kingdoms @ war (see what I did there), but it doesn't mean players should be frowned upon for using some of the tools given to them. If anything system wars and EBs are just training and practise for the All-Star wars. That being said, who cares if I EB to get gold while someone else wars? We are both aimed at the same goal, just taking different routes. Newbs should get all the help they can get by using EBs, then taught the ways of war. Not just forced to fend for themselves and lose interest faster in the game. Yes, I know hitting the same EB isn't fun, but it isn't fun getting destroyed in a war either. Just some food for thought.

16. Does this spell affect you after resets too?

17. Nice addition... Don't know how much it will effect the new players and make then want to stay though

18. And there are no beginners in WC because it's too confusing and a majority start on PC with no free speakers.

19. That message should be automatically sent upon account creation. So that they will immediately be helped.

20. This is a great idea! I think it will improve player retention. Help clans , and the kawmunnity in general.