Beginners at War

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, May 8, 2014.

1. Maybe not necessarily a "Newb Chat" (Newb, not Noob!!!!), but only a specific chat for mentors. A Newb chat would be hard and annoying to deal with. Maybe a new notification tab that only has a list of new players, that gives everyone in KaW a link to their name? Then from there the new players could get mentors, clans, volleys, etc.

What most people forget is that new players probably don't even know what a "hire" is, let alone a "volley"; so they won't even know what to ask for in WC.

2. @Neko

Ugh, I hate when people do this.

Call it, "Newb Chat" not noob chat. Newb means they're new and willing to learn. Noob means they're idiotic.

3. Some ppl don't know lingo from noob to newb

I'm still a noob tho :lol:

4. Balto is one of the few who have been able to achieve "Super Noob" status, right Balto? ;)

5. Thank you devs. Another great idea

6. WELCOME TO NEWB CHAT!! WITH YOUR HOST ASHES!..

Today, we will show you how to sneak into HTE clans with less than 200K CS!

#KaWmunityService

7. That's my favourite lesson

8. Indeed shol also ashes that's my idea !!

9. Phoenix I like that.

An even easier way to farm new players into quitting *rolls eyes* :roll:

which is probably the biggest problem about kaw 

10. I have no clue what subtle is taking about o.o

11. Great Work Developers....

12. @Subtle

You could make it so the spell give like 1b of defense and spy defense xD no farming new players for you.

13. Not you se phoenix I would've specified 

14. OMFG we should have things like the old roman gladiator tournaments except use newbs :lol: :lol:

Teach them PvP right away while getting loads of entertainment out of it

15. I know who you were talking to subtle but idk what you mean still lol.

16. Can we bet on it too?

17. My bad. Newb Chat it is. Personally I don't consider it a derogatory term, but I'll go with your norm here.

More alternatives to that would be to have the WC banner messages display "xxx has just started KaW!" just like it does when new Clans are created. A "New Kingdom" tab is also viable. I feel like whatever solution is made, it will have to largely consider:
    A) Amount of flood that is being sent to said tab/chat/list
    B) Accessibility

A disable option should also be made with new Kingdoms getting notifications from this resource auto-disabled (if you're a new player, you probably aren't up to mentoring other new players. Help and grow together, sure... mentor? Likely not). They can enable it themselves later, maybe a notification once they open up HL/HF, Castle LV2 or 3, etc telling them of this resource and encouraging them to help? There are plenty of built-in benchmarks in the game already, you just need to pick and choose ones that are relevant.

Still not sure what good mentor chat will do. Discuss tricks and tips to helping new players? A forum thread should be enough for that... the importance of a new players' chat would be so that new players can discuss things with semi-experienced players in real time and get immediate help. WC for that is awful, filled with 90% ads and such.

The chat on Kongregate was actually pretty good when I was on it yesterday. Volleys and relevant help being given out, new players chatting with some 4m+ cs players, etc. It was quite nice. What I imagine a Newb Chat to be, or perhaps WC minus the ads.

18. I don't farm new players but I know others do. As a frat boy I understand that newcomers are the lifeblood to our fraternity, and in this case, our beloved kaw. So forcing new players into quitting is a horrible occurrence

19. I still play kingdoms at "war" so I see potential targets, maybe since the spell singles them out you also add protection as most games do to help them build up until the spell finishes.