public wars, the solution to no-match

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by TFE_Pattus_TFE, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Institute an additional way to be involved in war. Create public wars that start every 2 hours. Kingdoms could opt in to each war. Then, KAW could assign kingdoms to one side or the other to maintain balance.

The problem (as I see it now) is your clans chances of winning a war is solely based on the clans build. Specific 'weenie' builds have a huge advantage, which has fostered the return of the turtle wars.

We want to be able to build our kingdoms the way we want, and be involved in winnable wars.

My idea obviously isn't perfect, but would make that an obtainable goal. It would get more people involved in this integral aspect of the game. Without war opportunities the game kinda sucks.

The ones I have been party to were matches against barcode weenie clans designed specifically to take advantage of the new constraints. Once the first salvo is complete it is impossible to recover plunder taken by the smaller builds who remain SKO for the duration.

2. It's a good idea and I actually like it but I think we will get people signing up with their main and alt and being inactive on alt if it's on other side

3. Support but the alt attacking main would be a problem

4. Or main attacking alt

5. The Devs could make it so only 1 account from every ip could join. Idk much about computers but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

6. this is an outstanding idea. I'd like to see it looked at further. Hopefully forum will troubleshoot this idea more thoroughly and we can come up with something worthy of trying.

The idea, on its face, shows lots of promise

7. They can track and see all your alts right?

8. Interesting idea Pat! Would be fun to try

9. I suspect many so called war clans are filled with weenie alts anyway, its already a huge problem.

10. Also, perhaps a designated leader can be assigned during the 'mustering' process.

11. Innactives could be blackballed from the new system.

12. Maybe create the roster first then the roster votes for their leaders?

13. Unless the alt and main are the same stats it would be almost impossible to match them and if it does happen it would be a lucky match

14. One possible problem is that players will have less connection to the outcome of the wars. When a clan wars together, players are incentivized to perform and be active for their clan mates and friends. Also, many players loyal to their clans, and don't want to upset their friends by leaking in a war due to inactivity.

However, players who sign up on their own will not have these extra incentives. In fact some may sign up only to renew their Estoc's Edge (sp), and don't care about leaking. it will happen that some players will be placed together on teams with these inactive, leaking players. I can see this causing some frustration and angry rants complete with caps rage.

That being said, I still think that it would be a good idea and fun, as an alternative to, instead of a replacement of, the current system.

Support.

15. Kawwars.wikidot.com. For anyone that wants to collaborate on this idea.

16. Thanks for running with the idea KAW!