[ENDED] The Return of Chaos Wars

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Grant, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Re: The Return of Chaos Wars

It's great that chaos wars are returning. Hopefully the devs will use this series of wars to actually improve things as opposed to the blunderfest that was season 3. I realize this is probably anathema to most who war regularly but I really believe that we haven't been able to determine whether the new matching system works. With the rosters being stacked sky high with either ps/sh (I counted 1 war where upwards of 90% of clans had extensive sh/ps) this becomes a chicken and egg scenario where is it the stacking that is causing so many bad matches or vice versa.

I had several suggestions from times past, all completely ignored naturally, which could help eliminate some of the stacking going on.

1. Solving PS: All kingdoms going to war must include at least 1 spy and 1 soldier building. This takes care of the ps problem entirely.

2. Possible fix for SH: what I call the alternative minimum tax approach. During EE only, when you attack another kingdom, your plunder will be the greater of 1) your normal plunder or 2) the amount of plunder that the defender would receive had they successfully attacked you. This AMT plunder would factor in all aspects including whether your kingdom uses def pots, current soldier levels of the defender, etc.

I don't believe that coding these ideas would be difficult but they would give at least a ray of hope for decent mids to make a comeback to war where now they have none.

I had a couple other ideas that I believe would be great additions to war but they aren't focused on eliminating the stacking issues:

1) scouting in EE uses sdp. Go hansels and hopefully that removes the sting of my first suggestion.

2) standardize the purchase price of mith for kingdoms of all sizes - say 1B/mith. This would help to balance out payouts.

2. Re: The Return of Chaos Wars

Devs....do something to make a meaningful change to the broken system. Just adding 11 man wars doesn't fix anything at all.

Break it into tiers (all warriors over 8m CS or under 8m CS), or have it required that the smallest must be able to hit the largest on the same team without a "Defender too strong" message.....something, anything.

All you have here is a continuation of the same garbage that was Season 3 but now you offer a 1/2 size version (11 man vs. 20 man). The significant problems still exist.

Our clan, and many others, simply stopped warring in Season 3. It was so frustrating that it ceased to be worth the time and effort. We were all excited when it ended to see what you might do to fix it. Then this post comes out and we asked around for who was up for war on Wednesday night. The response? Meh, I don't really wanna do that anymore unless they actually fix it.

So....we won't be partaking....and we won't be using xstals....and we won't be buying xstals to replace the ones used in war...cuz you guys won't actually put out a decent product.

Thanks but no thanks. Let us know when you make a real change.

3. Re: The Return of Chaos Wars

These war times are really not helpful for the working class guy. 4PM still at work 10PM I'll be asleep. Thanks again for looking out for people that don't have an Office job.

4. Re: The Return of Chaos Wars

Devs, u axe 2 hr wars because you said that ppl had difficulty commitin 2 hrs to war durin s3.

I'm wondering what the reasonin is 4 the return of 2 hr wars?

5. Re: The Return of Chaos Wars

Ugh not 2 hour wars again, I thought you guys stopped doing those 

6. Re: The Return of Chaos Wars

will there be any wars with hit restrictions off?

7. Re: The Return of Chaos Wars

Would've been nice to save us the long headache if you would've just give all the welfare builds all the rancor equip 2 months ago. Then the real kingdoms could've got down to business.

8. Re: The Return of Chaos Wars

Dear Dev,
    We couldnt participated in Season 3, coz of my mid built.

I request u to remove BFA advantage only in wars, keeping its effectiveness incase of P v/s P. So we can participtate in future season.

It will b grt if u can introduce in upcoming events "Chaos War". And observe how it wrks. I m sure u will get feedback right here in forum when u introduce it.

Thank you. Hopeing for your kind attention.

\Volverine

9. Re: The Return of Chaos Wars

Ghost legion are ready devs 

10. Re: The Return of Chaos Wars

Awesome,bum ready for war!

11. Re: The Return of Chaos Wars

Fix the 11 man roster size times. Make them more American and European friendly

12. Re: The Return of Chaos Wars

Can we get more 11man in after noon pst there mostly 20man with 11man to early mix it up some so we can try hitting one a day instead of waiting 3 or 4 days for a 11 man

13. Re: The Return of Chaos Wars

And need a way to introduce new players its at the point clans need season vets to compete, ee wars will need a way in. I think the only way at this point is to set up two clans to match each other til built up enough to compete

Btw s3 matches at the end were great if matched, way to many nm. devs might want to up the mith and rancor pay out to make s4 worth it unless they find a way to get more clans involved

14. Re: The Return of Chaos Wars

Can you please make the 11 man roster more suitable for American time zones. You should have it so that everyone has a chance to participate in them. Thank you ️

15. Re: The Return of Chaos Wars

11 man roster times are insane. Insane I say!

16. Re: The Return of Chaos Wars

Dear devs, piss off

17. Re: The Return of Chaos Wars

Can we please lose the 2 hours? Those are a pain when you are being dominated. And,for matchups, can you please do your matching thing, THEN LOOK AT THE MATCH you made to make sure it isn't that bad..... S3 was just....... more chaos than the chaos wars. Bad. Lol.

18. Re: The Return of Chaos Wars

Ohh,and could you do that 50 person war again? That was the best lol. Now THAT is chaos.

19. Re: The Return of Chaos Wars

Kaw_admin/comunity y havent u guys answer any questions in days now??
    And pleaae take of hit restrictions so mid can war n hit sh, also fix the pay out to depend on troops on has

20. Re: The Return of Chaos Wars

More 11 member lineups please!