My thoughts on inactives during war.

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Yerushalaim, Mar 17, 2014.

1. I was inspired to share my thoughts on inactives during EE match ups after reading Pyrrho's apology thread for being inactive during a match up against the R.Hawks. Pyrrho played for Ghost Legion and while he was being farmed and stripped, he posted an apology. The thread was completely unsolicited, not being a part of any kind of cf terms. He chose to demonstrate that he was sorry by publicly stating it. He didn't have to air his dirty laundry like that but he did.

I am not disagreeing with GL's treatment of Pyrrho. You have to have this kind of reaction to inactives. That threat of action must be there to discourage it. I also agree with PandaGeorge for posting his name. Same reason for farming/stripping a player for inactivity. It can't simply be an easy thing to just decide not to war when you have already given your commitment to do so. It's inconsiderate of those who are playing on your team and of the wc and trackers that have put their time and effort into constructing a list and developing a strategy. Some said that people who play this game and simply cannot take themselves away from a screen need to get a life. I don't feel this is an excuse either. If you are unable to commit yourself to playing a game with friends that amounts to less than two hours because you have so much going on maybe YOU need a life.

I think I have established that I make no excuse for inactives and that action needs to be taken against them when it happens. However, what got my ire up a little when I was reading pyrrho's thread was the reaction that some had to him. He was stripped and farmed, made a public apology but one persons reaction was to tell him he can stuff his apology. Some reacted well such as strawb3rry who I thought was exactly the model of how I think people SHOULD act in this situation but others reacted poorly and I wanted people to take a moment and reflect on this with something other than a head full of steam.

Everyone that competes in estoc wars should have no doubt that inactivity could happen to anyone. It is very difficult to tell the difference between someone who is reasonably inactive and someone who fell asleep, lost track of time, didn't manage their time well, ect, ect. so we respond the same way to ALL of them and this is the way it has to be for now. We play and accept the fact that there is no such things as a good excuse. This is simply the risk you take when you war in ee. If I were to war tomorrow and I go inactive, I accept the risk that I may be strip-farmed even if I were hospitalized because I was hit by a car crossing the road.

However, this is my hope for those reading. When your clan has an inactive in war, do what you have to do but have some amount of grace while you do it because for all you know this person might have a legitimate excuse for it. And while you do it, keep in mind it might be YOU that is inactive tomorrow. Every single one of us is just one power out away from being inactive.

2. I think people should take the blame for their actions no matter the cause.

3. He said that. Re read please

4. I did read it.

Nowhere did I disagree with him I was simply saying that I think people should be held accountable for their actions no matter why they were inactive. An agreement if you will.

5. There was a legit point in time where the power went out on about war 10 of some week for me. I said I was gunna war at that time but decided against it. And that happened. :p

6. Good thread Damascus

7. Whoa, no offense but TL;DR

I'm sure it appears a fine and dandy rant, but I would suggest

coloring the main points or juicy parts.

2/5

8. Pawn... Your attention span is so short I'm impressed you even managed to scroll all the way to the bottom. >=}

9. If you are too lazy to read or think a thread needs to be shortened or needs some colors, you best leave. Not every thread is aimed to impress noobs, but are to make a point.