war no matches

Discussion in 'Wars' started by troubled-spank-strawbarry, Feb 6, 2014.

1. First thing is why do the devs lock the post on nm or match results? This gives clan a place to at least ask questions.
    Secondly what hell is the matter with this system? First few days of 20 were fine then it starts again with this insane no match bull
    Thirdly and this the one that stands out is the reasoning for no matches changes and changes thrtoughout all clans. One day it's bad hit ratio today. Next time it's odd man out and then it's all other clans were already matched.
    I sent email to support about issues and all it replied was a forum to go to read about ee wars. Screw that I want some dang answers.
    Does it matter when you sign for war, if it does that is crazy. Don't give is a time frame to sign up when you have already started matching before all clans have signed up.
    I know there were huge issues about bad mathups in s1 and s2 but good lord don't tweak system so hard that you have 30-50% of clans sitting out due to a no match.
    This is a war game, stratedgy needs to be involved somewhat, but don't make this into a pansy game.
    If you get beat get better don't blame the game, just get better and add what u need next time.
    The way it is now all you have is 30% off warriors sitting on sidelines frustrated as a mf like I am now.
    I hope you listen ,answer or something I am ready to quit.

2. It's a war game

EE is not war๎’๎’

Don't do EE just farm people, join OSW, do what my clan do or be creative lol, have fun your way

3. delta. thats kinda a lame statement. ee is war also butmore like war games vs osw or actual combat... but indeed. the no match an vague reason of poor hit ratio does little to fix the issue... hopefully the devs can be more transparent as they agreed to do... that is all

4. 1) The matchup posts are locked until a few hours after the war ends. This is to allow time for people to have their matches, see how they turned out, and then engage in discussion about the results and ask questions.

2) No matches are for the most part simply due to the fact that if the matches were to happen, the hit ratio would be too low, resulting in many people not being able to hit the other clan. It comes down to the options of having no matches, or allowing such poor matchups to take place.

3) The fact is, the reasons do change. Rosters change all the time, as do the clans that register. Some wars there are other clans that are very close to your stats, but the hit ratio wouldn't allow for a good match. Other times the hit ratios would have worked, but other clans were already matched up leaving the remaining clans you could match up with of a poor match.

4) Signing up for a war only matters in regards to the Odd guild out. If there's an odd number of guilds in matches, the last guild to sign up will be the Odd guild out.

5. Who cares if you really win or loose I believe cold heartedly that when I first started playing wars were going on 48 hrs and yeah we won yeah we lost but it's the simple fact this is a war game so wars should happen reguardless if the war is winnable or not

This game used to be fun, grow during the week, war on weekend and all Star Wars were something to look forward to each year but now you (devs) have stopped that

Wars in General were fun because you got a gold pay out if you won to help replace the cost of war now with these wanna be wars it's just mith which is ok but mith can't replace the amount of gold you loose in pots.

End of my rant

You want this to be a fun social war game then quit worrying about the people who wanna do as little as possible to get big or the best eq

6. @ kaw_admin Tighten the hit ratio for gh/sh. Then u wldnt have the stacking issue. No match every time when u do it that way, then clans wld change their roster. When u give them a match, it encourages it. So delete it for no-match automatically, bc the gh/sh cant hit someone with 16m cs, like they can now.

7. Lol @ kaw_community
    War 8 says Zaft had a poor hit ratio vs other clans. Idk a clan in the game we would struggle to hit.

8. That's my point the reasons given for no match makes no sense how can so many clans have exactly same reason for no match. But I do appreciate devs attempt at reasoning however lame it is.

9. @Kaw admin. Then tell me how do we get out matched by 56mil cs. But we still won. Regarless to nm. Our wc and other wc put rosters together and they match perfectly or jus 2-5mil cs difference. Tell me how is that a nm. But we get out matched. Due to our strategy in war. Luckily we WON! And im sure we arent the one!

10. S2 waaaah waaaaah we want no matches to have better match-ups!

S3 waaaaah waaaaaaaah we just want too war!

11. Arent the only one*

12. Poor hit ratio works both ways. While it can mean that you can't hit a large number of people in the other clans, it also means that the other clans may not be able to hit you as well. This is largely dependent on the build each clan uses in their rosters, and varies from match to match.

13. There were a number of posts on this particular point of your matching logic and I remember you said during S2 that you'll consider modifications on this :
    -- Why do you still eliminate clan just because they were last to sign and there is odd number of clans?!? Maybe they had the "perfect" roster ratio and by eliminating them you penalize multiple -- at least one but more likely two or more other clans just because there is odd number of "applicants".

Here is my $0.02 how to tweak your logic:

First sort all signed up clans using your "magic" formula and pick the ouliers: e.g. too strong, too weak, bad ratio, etc.
    Second If odd number of applicants kick out the worst oulier;
    ... rest of the process goes as usual...

14. See that guys. Admin cant even answer my question. Skips passes it like pffftttt...S3 SUCKS ASS!!!

15. And ummm we do sign up over 1 hour prior to war. And still odd man out. Or the match had already been matched the rest that join later Can kiss the devs asses? Like wateva! I HATE THIS SEASON AND THIS GAME VERY ******* SOON!!! >:{

16. Season 1 had its flaw, season 2 got worse, season 3 is absurd. I sincerely think the developers are trying to show us it can always get worse. If you're skeptical just wait till season 4. I would also assume there's little motivation to spend the time and effort to fix a broken system when they can just drop the next seasonal promotion & and make more money in just a week or two than they have an all the wars put together.

17. @devs in answer to this post you said results from matches would open after war conclusion. Well I think u r wrong, not only are they locked but you also remove them, it's sounds like you don't want anyone gathering data how screwed up u have this season. You started out at 30% nm and got a lil better with 20 man roster then you tweaked again and now you are at more than 50% nm face it freaks you suck. I hate to be mean but you just don't get it. Look at all clans in upper sizes how can all of them have poor hit range. Do you look at the results before posting. That is completlyvandcutterly ridiculous

18. End the no matches by giving a chance to edit war roster...

After Running your EE war matching algorithm, take two clans (A and B) that are close in stats but couldn't match and determine what it would take to get the clans matched, for example: Clan A could replace players X and Y with players in the xx and yy stat ranges, to improve the hit ratio enough for a match with clan B.

Instead of sending out 'no match' messages, send an offer to clan A that if they made the proposed change they could match another (anonymous) clan and set a time limit (say 10-15 minutes) for them to make the change by having additional player(s) cast woc. The named players would automatically be withdrawn from the match-up (so they could remain in clan during war). Also Send Clan B a message that says another clan is attempting a change to match them.

If clan A made the proposed change(s) by having the additional player(s) in the specified stat range(s) cast woc and re signup the clan within the specified time limit, clans A and B would match.

Implementation shouldn't be that difficult, simply identify the player on either clan A or B roster that has the worst hit ratio and determine a stat range that would improve the hit ratio for that player to an acceptable level and repeat as necessary until the match as a whole would have an acceptable hit ratio. Optionally, player X could be in clan A and player Y could be in clan B and both clans would need to make a change to proceed with a match.

This process could easily be used to improve hit ratios of clans with similar stats and may also provide help in matching clans not too close in stats by proposing replacement of players with abnormal stats (based on the possible match)

19. Oh so now the smart ones don't even give a reason for no mAtch. You devs are going the wrong way in customer satisfaction. Just trying to piss us off

20. So everyone listen to kaw_community/admin and follow to get the hit ratio. It doesnt matter if u cant win 1 single hit from your opponent because they are too strong and fall in your hit ratio. U need to make sure the hit ratio should be there WHICH IS MOST IMPORTANT. It doesnot matter if the plunder a mid/big account earn from hitting a sh is 1m-10m a hit and ur clan lose bt YOU ALL HAVE TO MAINTAIN THE HIT RATIO FOR A MATCH SO ALL CAN HIT EACH OTHER. Difference in strength , no of successful hit etc etc cant be added and you all have to deal with it. THANK YOU KAW ADMIN / COMMUNITY