Season 3 - Week 1: War 4

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Grant, Jan 21, 2014.

1. I applaud the devs for the no matches. Perhaps if ppl didn't make such extreme rosters then more ppl would be able to war. You make lb/gh(sh) rosters to lower cs and avoid actual war clans, then complain you don't get a match... Smart. 
    The majority of kaw sits in the middle, not a lb and too much time invested to want to tear down to a gh. Exploits push this majority out in the cold. Stop rewarding exploitive extreme rosters and clans ( that are balanced) would return to do ee.

2. Yay Devs thanks for matching us with RH, it was such a fair match up!  Fun war though, expire the mismatch. Thanks RH!

3. Despite* not expire lol. Damn autocorrect

4. I still suggest make guilds pay a normal amount when attacked --- would love to be able to plumder them for once 

5. And would maybe fix the lb gh exploit that most do and have to use for a fair match go

6. Do 15 person rosters with a few more war times and participation will increase and matches will be closer.

7. I can't help but totally agree with valor. 80% of kaw sits in the middle. Yet, try finding a clan that wants you to war with them. Won't happen. And if it does, it's a test, or a group on inexperienced players, as far as EE wars go. Let's look at it this way: you roster 7 LB or nearly LB players and 18 GH/SH players(sorry for the reference RH) and you face a team of people who can't hit your top 3-5 guys with more than a scout, and can't make a dime off the bottom 18. Now all due respect to the clans that have mastered the art of matchup gaming, as I had done pretty well for myself in that department in season 1, but now, the only builds ANYONE wants for EE wars are the big LB hybrids or a GH/SH. I dropped build to help my clan participate in season 2, but how many people do you want to remain a small? Less than 2mcs? Spent real cash now and dropped bfa in hopes that the GH nerf would encourage building again, but we see that hasn't happened. 2 build types worth a damn. And some of the best warriors aren't interested in being one of them. The others that aren't LB just haven't played long enough or spent enough real cash on the game. As far as the eye can see, people complain about matchups. Whether it be over an extremely poor matchup, or the fact of a no match when the next clan up or down would make for a suitable war. Suggestions to fix this? Loads! Listen to the kaw community. The people that play this game daily and see the problems with it have many ideas. First, fix the hit ratio issue. Seems to me that "relative strength" isn't where it should be if you're going to use the terrible hit ratio system. 1v2/3v4/etc.... That's what we want to see; Matchups with our peers of the same size and build types. Unless you're on the winning side(usually by a landslide) no one wants to face a clan of nothing but GH/SH paired with LB when you're a clan of mids. It's not remotely winnable in that scenario. And their are only so many LB available to spread about, and the supply of GH/SH will eventually run out as well, effectively killing EE as only a few handfuls of people will be participating in them. All apologies for the lack of a paragraph structure, but I feel I've made my point. Fix the broken points and stop adding new ones to mess up.

8. Yep. EE wars have become about stacking roster with towered builds or LB players alongside loads of GH/SH.

Narrow hit range so GH/SH become redundant at the bottom of roster except against well spread rosters.

Extend regen time which will help to allow people to hit those tower builds.

EE has become predictable. Give us matches based on total stats plus BFA with narrowed hit range. That'll sort it out.

9. the devs have nothing to do with the no matches... its the hit ratio set in place that makes this system broken... giving soo many gh and lb's only with no mid roster gives u a great hit ratio against a balanced roster... but against another gh/lb's type roster 1 more or less gh means bad hit ratio meaning 40-50% and bam they cant match. hence a gh/lb type roster curretnly can only match against a balanced roster. therefore because everyone learned hey if we go with lb and gh only type roster i win if i don't i lose... everyone has assymolated to this thinking and bam... no matches... again i state to the devs... hit ratio throw out door and match according to similar build types and total strength... aka cs, bfe, bfa is fine for strength throw out hit ratio and go with similar build types... aka break rosters down into 4 catagories... LB bigs, large, mids and smalls.... how many of each and match with other clans that are within 1 to 3 difference in any category...... and bam u have fair matches... and those stacking there rosters will NO LONGER HAVE that huge advantage because they are facing another team with similar lack of plunder targets and therefore... omg... am i going to say it... comes down to skill! OMG... no he di...ant.

10. Back when everyone could hit everyone... EE Wars were a lot more fun and everyone could participate

11. Award for best post - Welcome to the Machine 

12. Either 11v11 15v15 or 20v20. You can't run weeks of chaos wars and have season 3 reflect none of it. We all know how to set up for 11v11 and 20v20. More clans warring more various rosters more matches.

13. So many complaints....so many people right on target. Yet, kaw_admin again returns a deaf ear. ****, do SOMETHING to fix it. I dont even care if its wrong, try something. Pick any post on this topic. Support and solidarity to all those disappointed but still trying to get the devs to fix this godforsaken mess. 

14. Devs I hate to tell you this... But... Time to get rid of lame hit ratio it first work all it does is cause no matches and roster stacking. It's way worse than Season 1 now

15. So many complaints about mismatches or no matches which are valid but complaining about the tightening of hit ratio is wrong.

the inherent issue of mismatches/no matches (as you guys have pointed out) is the extreme variation within the roster. that is the root cause where no one have proposed a working solution.

to eliminate mismatch/no match is almost impossible but to reduce it significantly is not impossible. the current algorithm is good but lack just one aspect. that is:

THE LOWEST RANK IN THE ROSTER MUST NOT BE DTW TO THE HIGHEST IN THE SELECTED ROSTER

@KAW_ADMIN/KAW_COMMUNITY: Bring this back to your match up team.

however this would probably remove the top 30 or more from warring but the decision route is simple:
    1. Implementing the above removed the extreme variations in the roster and improved the hit ratio thereby giving more fair match up.

2.Does the top 30 contribute more money to KAW compare to the remaining?

3. The top 30 had chosen to pay their way out to be so "strong" (maybe a weak mental in real life) so that they are not hit-able by most, therefore they have indirectly chosen not to war normally. they can still OSW or EB and be happy being top of crops.

If KAW is solely about catering the fun for top payers... then i rest my case. and btw i have sort of retired 95% anyway. :lol: :lol: :lol:

16. You know what I found interesting , smaller guild hansels say one with 800k cs, can't up hit sosh builds that are say 600/600k 800/800k.

Now what's the stat difference there ? 2 mil?

Yet that same sosh that couldn't be hit because of defender too strong , is able to up hit to a build my size. So what's the difference in stats there? 18 mil? That doesn't make sense to me.

The hit ratio is still allowing these matches .

Also you have the word "war" in the title of your game, yet 80% of kaw is being excluded in your wars. If we want to war with mids , (say 7-15 mil cs)gh /sosh hit ratio will match your mids with another clan , but the system will put the matched stats into larger builds on the other side , along with stacked gh, allowing them to dominate.

Even if you don't have an exact answer , It wouldve been cool just trying new things out , not just roster size but formats and say pre determined roster positions/slots before season 3 started.

(Random idea) but maybe try putting a stat slot max or min for each roster spot. Make it reflect all builds of kaw. Even if we can't fit all our warriors on our roster , we'd be forced to find ALL different types of builds, while our overflow would go out to merc for another clan looking for a certain stat slot. (That probably wouldn't work as people constantly grow but hey I'm a dreamer)

The war rosters we have to put together do not reflect the majority of the player base. We're being forced to war in one way and one way only , and it's not enjoyable

Even when we win , it's usually because we had the biggest lb or our top was more stacked than the other side. The wins feel cheap 80% of the time. Idk how these clans war with 60-70% gh/sosh and not feel guilty about it. My smalls can't plunder your gh and my bigs can't hit your bigs so you win.... Wow great job , wall post: "much respect Great War" my ass.

Now sure you get a good war here and there . And they're great. Worth putting together the roster stat spreadsheet and all the opening strategy into. Those wars are what make me want to play this game. But for the other 80% of matchups: matchup is made, you pull up matched roster and you either say "we got this" or "we're ******". And what's fun about that?

Anyway end rant lol. Good luck in season 3.

17. 38 clans and 16 no match.

You know, that doesn't even require a comment. *sigh*

18. 'poor hit ratio' assumes that part of the match up system simulates who would win statistically. Everyone was complaining about poor matchups didn't think it would result in less wars.

How about this, run chaos wars every 4 hours, whoever opts in is locked at matchup. Then calculate on the roster sizes. Say 5-30. That way all clans (with more than 5 or 10 kingdoms) can participate?

It would also be cool if the remaining part of the clan could continue whatever epic they want.

Making the roster requirements higher is hurting overall. Can you tell us how many wars are run each session?

19. Season 3 offers 2 options:

1. Don't stack LB/SH - you get matched with a stacked clan, can't hit one half and the other half pays less than 10M a hit, means a sure loss.
    2. Stack LB/SH - you get a 'no match' 80% of the time.

Looking at the amount of no matches, it is clear clans rather don't waste time/gold/xstals on a huge mismatch then war and lose b2b. That should be a clear signal to the devs that a change to the mechanics is needed which makes stacking no longer this lucrative. I'm still somewhat hopeful...

20. Im not sure what the level of clan signups and participation was during the off season chaos wars, but there seemed to be alot more random and mixed rosters come matchup time, the small roster size made it ALOT easier to get a team together, and thus seemed to get more random clans participating. Im not sure why the devs would run 11v11 rosters all off season only to incorporate none of them in season 3... bizarre decision to be honest. And now to fill a clan to participate in 25 man wars you gotta recruit off wc, most of which are the mids that these stacking lb/gh combos dont want. If u scramble your ass off to get a 25 man roster, you feel relieved... only to then be matched against a lb/gh combo which we all know with a roster of mids is an automatic loss Devs want more participation in war, you have to make some changes, go back to smaller rosters or fix this damn roster stacking, otherwise the "rest" are not going to bother, and why should they to be honest...