A Challenge to the KaW PVP Community

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Imitation-Cheese, Jan 16, 2014.

1. A Challenge to the KaW PVP Community

Without a doubt, one of the biggest gripes of the PVP community (especially the OSW folks) is the lack of PVP awards. It seems like we keep getting passed up for consideration of rewards by EB and EE folks – and it’s not fair!

But let me ask you this: How would you do it?

Epic battles and system wars fit nicely into predictable and controllable scenarios where exploits can be closed quickly enough to prevent abuse. This is not the case with out of system PVP.

So, I’m eager to hear your thoughts about how to incentivize off system PVP, AND make it impossible to exploit.

Readers, your job is to pick apart everyone’s ideas to find loopholes in their system.

This will be a fun exercise in game balance development – something the devs have probably been doing for months now. Maybe someone will post something here they might not have thought of.

So let’s see if someone out there has the perfect off system PVP reward system to rule them all and end the days of equipment discrimination.

Ready?

Set?

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

P.S. Keep in mind they have customers to keep happy. Most of KaW wants to be left alone to their EB and EE, so if these folks start getting a bunch of inc while they've got 500T out, saving up for their T12 troop building, they're not gonna be very happy campers. Just some food for thought from the business perspective.

2. I think that the equip that drops from pvp is the idea i wana see made

3. Maybe a monthly player leader board for most attacks, and a monthly clan leaderboard for most attacks.

4. Maybe a spell like woc… opt into a weekly / monthly pvp event

Puts up on the event battle list with other opt ins within your hit range and awards given for placing most attacks, most gold stolen ect...

Random pvp equipment drop would be nice

5. It's the community. The developers can only try to influence all of these players to do EBs because there are so many incentives. We are greedy. We want our virtual gold and ATA are getting our real gold. (This only applies to leprechauns BTW)
    So yeah, incentives...
    •EBs offer them
    •PvP, not so much
    Why not a plunder boost for battle list hits ONLY?
    Why don't we see a limit to how many epic battles a clan can do within a certain period of time?

Why not have a roulette wheel type thing on login? every 24 hours. You could win bonuses like: "5x gold on your next 5 hits on a player", BUT so it's not exploitable the battle list opens. Heck, give players the option to buy wheel spins as well. Everybody wins.

It's unrelated but, what ever happened to the "Epic Battles that hit back" idea?

I sound like an idiot lol.

6. Maybe pvp equipment could have plunder bonus built into stats

It would also be nice to see dual sets an offensive and defensive set. Then players could mix and match to suit there builds

I'm sure a huge spy build doesn't want to see pvp just have attack based stats

7. word on the street is kaw is on a limited lifeline now.. there won't be any major fixes or update's beside the one's that are small and increase spending. fml this was fun too.

8. How could kaw be on a limited lifeline? I can't even guess bat how much money they made off the moth promo.

9. they are trying to squeeze it out. no major fixes or updates. banners is a small update and just increases rwb

10. like squeezing a lemon  mmm kool-aid.. lemonade? ah nvm just a roadside prophet

11. I know a lot of people may disagree with this, because scouts would be rendered as a "worthless" action and hansels would get the stiff end(kind of) when it comes to rewards, but I think that actions should pay another form of currency along with gold. The amount of this new form of currency rewarded would be dependent on the amount of gold you are causing the other player to lose. This would only account for defender pots + gold taken from the defender. Strippers get paid lots of dough in the real world, why not in kaw? xD

Coming up with a system that leaves no holes for exploits is definitely hard.
    edit: the new form of currency would be like mith. Use it to cast limited duration spells or purchase equipment.

12. An idea to bring back pvp is bring plunder wars back and make SW allow outside hits. Its always fun to watch a bunch of pwar noobs freak out because their OSF or OAF just got farmed and lose a few hundred bill. Allies should not be able to be hiden aswell. It gets ride of the strip you while you snooze aspect of the game. Who doesnt like waking up to no allies and a loss of a few tril

13. Simply make the rewards for hitting other larger than EB rewards.

As for EQ, i dunno how you would do that.
    I'm no programmer, but I'd say that would be difficult.
    Can't be too difficult to just make the reward for Attacking or Stealing another account much greater.
    Then i bet you'd see more PvP
    Just my opinion️

14. @ Viper

Don't know who taught you to track but not SS'ng allies, even before mith spells, is a nub move 

15. How in the hell is this banners thing a small update? We've always had our banners and not been able to use them to a purpose now they're being made in to something far more complex then a pretty picture. It's like the PvP it'll take some coding to change it in to something else.

16. in comparison to previous updates that have been game changing. and you did not address the fact it increases rwb

17. Sorry do me a favor and elaborate on what rwb is. Cause it seems like a made up acronym to me.

18. I don't see why your laughing. I don't understand that short hand myself unless you mean Red White and Blue (which makes no sense here at all)
    Also good idea cheese. Come on everyone show us the way to change PvP with in reason that can't be abused :3