Matching Algorithm to be improved ?

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Mudvet, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Hi,

I have seen plenty of posts about people questioning the match-up algorithm. At least 5 replies with the word "Butt-hurt" will follow these posts within 5 minutes.

Here is one to ponder:

1 hour war, 11 man roster

Devils Reborn can have many applicants for war at times, so we usually recruit a few extra WC mercs to enable us to have 2 teams. We are building a second clan, "Reborn Devils", to accommodate these occurrences.

In this war, Devils Reborn fielded a team with a total of 142M CS in the DR clan with an avg 11.5% clan bonus.

Reborn Devils assumed to stay out of their way by fielding a total of 107M CS in the new clan with a 2% Clan bonus.

They got matched up together.

Organizing 2 signups while keeping an eye that the CSs don't hug each other too closely is not an easy feat. (Just think of last minute cancelations and replacements, etc ...)

So we were disappointed to see us get matched together and wonder in which parallel universe this is considered an even match-up. (BFA was in favor of the bigger clan too, BFE slightly bigger in the smallest clan).

We will have a 0 0 draw...

I would like to see an option to forfeit wars like these (if everyone agrees) or the the option to define 1 clan as an overflow clan of the other, so match ups can be avoided.

Thank U for reading to the end...

No Butts were hurt as a result of this match up....

2. I would of stoll warred them lol

3. u r buthurt nub alwys far mach

4. I would want to be the dude that does one action and wins the war.

5. Wars will never be fair quit complaining and get on with it.

6. No support

7. Support, matching system needs an update.

8. I am interested to see how the system reacts to no actions on each team.

9. Support devs are doing bad match ups

10. Lol don't surprise me.

Devs saw the close name and decided it would be a good matchup 

11. Support match ups are rediculas lately seems the devs while trying to improve less no matches. Are creating more lopsided wars

12. Thats kinda weird

13. Lol, see epic_academys first war. Same situation. I made both the roster for elite n academy, n they weren't remotely close.