Dreading Season 3

Discussion in 'Wars' started by RedHotVixen_MaCHiNE, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Exploit, manipulate. Whatever.
    They are succeeding on you because your bfa is very low and some GH's have ridiculous high bfa.

Now I do agree about bfa. It's definitely not included at all in matchups. Mostly we can tell if we are going to win a war before it even starts.

2. Surgeon your clan owner dropped build on an account with 22 hr lands just so you all could have more guilds so you can compete in EE. He wasted 7-8t for it. You think that's just the way kaw should be now?

No need for a fix? Just stop growing and everyone go gH? Get real dude.

It's an exploit just as Pwars were. It's a flaw in the system that needs fixed, not taken advantage of.

3. Again. I never said I liked it. It's the system we have been given. We conformed to win. You war to win. If the system changes, it hurts us. We didn't build this clan overnight but we'll conform to whatever it takes to win. If you can make the devs change, great. But we both know that's not happening so you have to conform. You think any of us love having all these plunder killing towers? Or reducing builds to GH? Of course not.

The devs have proven again and again that this is how it's gonna be even with the GH "fix". Their concern is trying to turn a profit. They know we are addicted and will still play.

Thanks for continually bringing up how dedicated my clan owner is. Not many would do what he did. Good luck with Kaw. I'm out of this thread.

4. K bye. Don't come back now....

5. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and yes some people dont mind conforming, but there is only limited

6. ...... Options of builds in EE and the prospect of KaW being full of limited builds kinda fills me personally with dread.
    @Frog i actually had a disastrous Season 1, fresh out of OSW it was dreadful- Season 2 was actually pretty good - we fought hard and found ways around GH ....
    The approach to season 3, these 11ppl roster allow no way around - there is no way to plunder and no room for diverse builds ... And with T6 level 4 on the horizon - the bigs will get bigger and even less ppl will be able to war

7. Naked wars - Unequip all BFE in all people who cast, in attempt to get an easier matchup or no match.

It exploits the system, but if you can beat them.. Join them.

8. SUPPORT!!!! I was so dishearten when I thought I could counter the LB/Gh roster. I tried to find a strategy that would work, turns out it didn't work. I DON'T WANT TO EE ANYMORE!!! BUT I WANT TO AT THE SAME TIME SO I CAN COUNTER THIS CHEATING ROSTER! GH isn't a real build!! GROW!

9. Maybe when u war u should be active red that will help ya win. 

10. Fatdude  people who know my tz know why there have been connection issues over last few weeks - thats something out of mine or anyones control

11. Honestly im kinda dreading season 3 myself. Things have not changed for the better. Infact, i think they have gotten way worse since the end of S2. Will i still participate win or lose? yes. thats why i play the game. for the EE wars. and for all the friends ive made of the last 2+ years.

We all know that BFA is king, and it decides most wars. total CS of clan really doesnt mean much. Its about having a smart roster, with BFA. No leakers, and no inactives, and with a good roster you have put yourself in a good position to win any war regardless of CS/BFE.

But the winds of change are always blowing. Adapt, or go the way of the dodo bird. Every season/offseason there are changes in mechanics, or what the flavor of the month build is. As a member of a successful war clan, we had to make ALOT of sacrifices to get where we are today. Did we want to? no. but we want to win, so we must use everything we can (with out breaking any rules) to our advantage. We had to adapt. The loss of plunder from EBs, the loss of gold from changing builds and testing mechanics, and slow overall growth hurts us and put us a step back in other aspects of KAW. Heavy towers, BFA, strong GHs and tanky LBs. This does not just come over night. Yes GH or SoS1H can be built up quick from gold, but they still need the BFE and BFA to be effective.

Most EE warriors are experienced now, as season 3 approaches. not many people war with EB builds, or with out towers like season 1. They know better than to leak plunder. The lack of hansels and mids in wars though is completely understandable. they are a liability to any successful war clan. GH can plunder them, while they cant plunder back. and bigs can sit on them, and are able to defend most attacks from them. which leads me to my next point...

This is a problem mostly because of roster sizes. 11 man rosters are terrible for EE wars i think. they divide larger clans, into smaller factions, especially when moth event is going on. people dont want to wait 4+ hours for 11 ppl to war, while the other 70 twiddles their thumbs smacking inactives. and with such small roster sizes, middle builds are obsolete. the only reason to use them really is for hit ratio mechanics it seems.

Do i blame the players? no, absolutely not. do what you have to do to win. thats all a player can do. is try their best, and prepare their build with their clan to make a winning roster. is EE wars becoming too exclusive to the average player? i think so, but that makes people commit more to war builds, and war with an acceptable build, or not war at all. there is no place in EE for a untowered attack build, big mid or little.

The things that need to change are the match making system obviously though. and the hit range of small builds. BFA needs to have a larger factor in match making, and GH plunder still needs to be adjusted. not only their plunder, but their hit range up is still way to high.

until then, players will do what they have to do to win. again, i dont blame the players for their "play2win" mentality, because thats what they should be doing anyways. Its the Devs who are to blame for this situation we are in now. 11 man rosters need to go, and soon. they have no place in season 3. Bring back 29 man rosters. get rid of advantage wars, and bring back classic wars. 1h advantage wars with LB/GH are stupid spam wars. no skill really involved. wars need to be 2-4 hours again (with FF option at halfway mark) so strategy comes into play again. not just playing for a good match up to see if you will win or lose pre-war.

LBs are doing nothing wrong. i have no complaints against them. although it does suck when you get matched up with 2 or 3, and they you dont have any. They earned their spot at the top by their dedication, or deep pockets. GH on the other hand, are what need to be changed the most. until then, ill gladly use them in roster and fight along side them until they are no longer effective. I dont like it, but thats the way it is. once mechanics or effective builds change, we will change with them. we are going to do what ever it takes to win always. change, adapt, or be left in the past.

12. The reason this is so confusing is changing the wars to better suit mid sized builds like myself and many other long time eers, would ultimately make the devs more money. Allowing lbs and gh clans to exclusivley dominate ee wars isn't helping anyone besides those players.

Many of us feel the system is to blame, but players encouraging gh use and things of that nature make it even worse. I know there are many of us eers who would never droo our builds and resort to that cowardice. It really doesn't make sense, from a monetary standpoint, to keep this system.

13. It's called defense pots that. Might help

14. Saber though well written I have to disagree. Rigging a roster so that you get a matchup 100% in you favor is not a strategy or even close to it. It's an exploit of the system plan and simple. Just as Pwars were an exploit of the old system.

It's almost like "exploit" has some super nasty shadow lingering around it. Exploiting something only means you are using something to the full advantage you can. That's what this is.

And just as Pwars were the exploit that killed the old system, this will be the exploit that kills this system.

Look at the folks posting here. These are old players from old clan. They've seen kaw go down this path already. Old system use to thrive, even with the pwarexploit. Then devs tried to fix the pw exploit and all they did was ruin the warring system. Hence the need for the EE system. And now the exact Same thing is happening again.

We want to enjoy our kaw not dread it.

15. I completely agree with most points that have been brought up.

1. GH are STILL an issue. Too high hit range. I cant hit one outside of war, why should i be able to (and vice versa) during a war?

2. The roster compositions now are completely rediculous. Mid builds, such as mine, are worthless. I love building an account over 2 years and having it worthless.

3. One hour wars (plunder grabs) are a waste of time. Its empty troops as fast as possible, then hide the rest of the time. No xstals needed. Opponents can hit whats already sko. More emphasis needs to be put on rewarding ko's and a larger % penalty for sko.

Until at least 2 out these 3 are addressed, im not spending another ******* dime on my "useless" build. 

16. Thanks for actually reading. I know my post was way to long heh.

But what can we as players do to fix these problems? Besides sending feedback (which i do often) and post on forums (rare for me, i read not post). Should we stop exploiting advantages and lose wars to others that dont stop? That wont fix anything, unfortunately. Until then i suggest ride the wave. The top of it not underneath.

I wish there was something that we could all do and contribute to make this a better war system. What that would be i dont know.

Though we may disagree on some subjects, we all want a better system wars. There is no chance that everyone will stop building rosters like this, so we have to be able to do something else to get the devs attention that this system is flawed. I dont think boycotts would work. And i dont think devs really make much money from wars.

Lets say there are 15 wars going on. Thats 15 x 22 people which is probably about 300 (330xtals total but not everyone uses one) used during that war time. Meanwhile they people have used probably 50 seals and a thousand xtals on EB during that hour or two of war. So the majority of their income is from EBs xtals and seals i bet.

Do devs really even care about EE wars? Or do they care about making their bottom dollar? I think the answer is obvious.

I really dont see a change coming anytime soon. Especially with devs focused on so many new projects for future updates. So get used to it guys, its gonna probably get worse before it gets better :(

17. Im not a war'er (although I did war against Silver and few others during S1) but isn't setting yourself up for success the way you win wars? Like, if you know there is a bridge that will collapse and kill everyone before they reach the battlefield, wouldn't you do your best to lead your enemies to that bridge?

I dont know much, but from RL history on wars its not about fairness and "look who i matched against" its about, "yeah *****, you picked one time to war and now your ass is ours"

Also, not sure how ppl can make a matchup system that will please everyone either. What is a good matchup? I would assume if I won it was a good matchup. But, of course of you lose it was a bad matchup.

Wars are NOT about perfectly matched builds fighting. Its about outnumbered, outmatched, understat fighters kicking the asses of much bigger and stronger kingdoms via strategy (not luck due to equally matched builds)

I know we have all seen 300, your talking way outnumbered and way fewer fighters. They kicked ass with strategy. But, Im just speaking from experience as an EE noob, so I'm sure I'm missing something with my logic.

18. There's a lot missing with your logic. Strategy has no role in EE anymore. you either stack your clan with small accounts or pray you don't get matched up against someone who is so you can let your strategy prevail or fail. Just because you lose a war doesn't mean it's a bad match up. The best wars are won by a few hundred mil. Which is generally the case when you have to clams who actually match up properly providing both have good strategy.

Saber, let's imagine everyone decides to boycott EE system(not that it would ever happen). You really think ata wouldn't make a change? Forget the money they aren't making, think of the money they are losing. Hours upon hours spent writing codes and conducting beta all for a system that isn't used. Or on the opposite spectrum, the correct this system properly and everyone wants to war again which equals more $. Not to mention system war leads to off system war, and osw is where the real money is at.

However I can tell you what doesn't help, and that's clans like yours, who run out and jump in the gH band wagon instead of trying to fix the problem at hand.

And it's not just gH. They can tweak gH all they like. As pointed out already, clans are moving away from gH and using ps stacked with lb so you litterally have 3 lb targets and the rest are utterly worthless.

This whole chaos setup is nothing more than chaos. The players who play kaw as it's meant to be played get screwed while those who exploit the matchup system get rewarded. How ass backwards.

What really gets me is that ATA doesn't act fast on it but when there's an exploit that you can make trillions off of(which recently happen) they drop ban hammers and strip players of gold, allies, and build. Pure chaos.