Racism acceptable?

Discussion in 'Wars' started by VoxVaporRub, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a question for KAW.

First I would like to say that this OSW has been fun for us here in ZAFT and has made the game very fun lately. I know many of our opponents are also having a good time especially most of those guys in Clan A with whom we were having a great time trading punches.

Recently we here at Corp changed targets to HOG and let's just say the level of "classiness" has dropped considerably. Now during OSW that's nothing new as people get a bit worked up as the strips add up and we are used to trash talk but look at the post from Road_kill_soup on Laoda's wall.

The common belief is that Laoda is of Asian descent and because we are pounding HOG, one of them decides to hurl a racist remark through one of their alts on Laoda's wall. This NOT a baseless accusation, it's clear as day on Laoda's wall.

I don't care to get this player silenced so I'm not going to a mod. I prefer to let people speak their minds so we know what kind of people we are really dealing with but what do you guys think as a community?

Anything goes in OSW or is this crossing the line?

This is my first forum thread and this is my main. I most likely will not post again on this thread. I am just curious what the community thinks about the type of behavior. I want to emphasize that I am not pointing the finger at all clans in UC/Apoc/OG just one.

I think it's worth mentioning again that many of our opponents have been classy and understand that this is a game and this is supposed to be fun. If you're so angry that you need to resort to racism, why even bother still playing?

iParty

ZAFT Corp

2. Farm,strip, just the racist

3. Mods can still see this, so you aren't really "not going to a mod"

4. Racism is rare today. But, class discrimination is around at a high.

5. At the time of post the player is in the clan Heart of Madness.

(Yes trolls I know I said I wouldn't reply again on this thread)

6. Ther was another guy from hog naked wrestler or summat spamming wc calling all islamic people terrorist nd that he would burn the next Quran on a BBQ

7. That was like a week ago or two

8. This is a game so there should be no racism and who ever is being racist then they need to get a life and grow up

9. Sorry my bad his name was the_arse_kicker

10. Content You Post to Kingdoms at War

You may post and share comments and content with other users through Kingdoms at War's communication mechanism. By using Kingdoms at War, you agree not to upload, post, transmit, cause the display or performance of, or otherwise make available any content that:
    is harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, torturous, vulgar, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive or discriminatory

so yeah. silence him for a while i guess

11. You're judging the whole OSW based on one persons actions? Huh. Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

12. For anyone wondering, the wall post is

13. I personally don't believe that's considered racist.

It's just making a joke out of the fact that several asian countries eat dog. I wouldn't personally take offense to it. My chinese bosses tell me that eating dog keeps them warmer during the winter.

14. That doesn't look racist at all. Op is just reaching...

15. Just because one 9 year old idiot is racist doesn't mean it's accpetable in KaW.

16. Yea a close friend of mine has been to china and they do actually eat dog.

17. When you are hungry, you eat. Simple as that

18. Exactly ramen I'm not saying its a bad thing I'm just saying it happens often which IMO isn't a bad thing.

19. Is no one actually comprehending the thread. Im not very old so if all these people dont understand that only shows how many kids run around on this game.

He is asking if it is acceptable in OSW. Should people be aggressive and say vulgar things to each other? Or should everyone be laid back and joke around without crossing any lines and shake hands in the end? How far can you take an OSW? Is racism too far?

I personally believe a joke like that isnt too far because I cant see it being very offensive. Using racist terms or making jokes about serious issues can be crossing the line.

For example, a joke about a black person eating chicken is funny. A joke about a black person being on welfare can be over the line when they actually are and take offense to it.

20. Can't we all just get along?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.