Robin Hood Thread Recap

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by admin, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey folks,

We haven't said we would ban anyone yet, we have simply said we would take action.

The issue here isn't that players want changes in the game. The issue isn't that New Age are farming mods. Neither of those things is against the Terms Of Service or the Rules of Conduct.

But harassing and threatening ATA or the Mods is against our Rules of Conduct:

Ad Hominem
    Ad Hominem, personal attacks towards any of our staff, players (this includes moderators.) As well as any player who exists in communities outside of the one you are in but is still falls within the ATA realm. Risks the post(s)/thread(s) being deleted and action taken against the user, regardless of how pertinent or thoughtful the rest of the message might be.

Restricted Forum Behaviour
    You may not bait, insult, flame, or otherwise abuse a staff member and moderators. If you have an issue with any staff member or moderator all communication needs to be done and reported to our support department.

This post violates our Rules of Conduct both in spirit and in action:
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=151613&start=340

Now our hand is being forced to take action against the players who have broken this rule. Again we haven't said we would ban anyone yet. We have no precedent for this issue, so going forward we will review any instance of players violating these rules on case by case basis. If we find that someone is threatening or harassing our staff or mods we will issue a warning. If a player continues to harass and threaten staff or mods after they are warned, we will ban them from the game for 24hrs. If the action continues after the 24hr ban, we will escalate the issue further and ban for 72hrs, if a player continues after the 72 hour ban we will permanent ban.

Again, the issue is not that mods are being farmed, the issue is breaking these Rules of Conduct:

Ad Hominem
    Ad Hominem, personal attacks towards any of our staff, players (this includes moderators.) As well as any player who exists in communities outside of the one you are in but is still falls within the ATA realm. Risks the post(s)/thread(s) being deleted and action taken against the user, regardless of how pertinent or thoughtful the rest of the message might be.

Restricted Forum Behaviour
    You may not bait, insult, flame, or otherwise abuse a staff member and moderators. If you have an issue with any staff member or moderator all communication needs to be done and reported to our support department.

OP, Twicc and Tornado this serves as your warning. Continuing to threaten and harass mods, will result in a immediate 24 hour ban.

Please note that Mods have as much say in game balance issues as anyone else, they volunteer their time to make the game better. In order to address the game balance (and other) points in original thread please head over to this post:
    viewtopic.php?f=18&t=151684&start=0

2. Unlock fghs threads that was a violation of his freedom of speech. This is forums, created by you for players to voice opinions. Now you want to tell a paying customer they may not do so?

3. YOU ARE GIVING MODS IMMUNITY FROM ATTACK?!?

4. why dont you guys do yourself a favor and finish new eb and take my xtal money? sound good? great.

5. Word, you read it all correct? If so..  Read it again.

6. Either word doesn't read (which is unlikely) or he's purposely riling up lesser minds, because watching them flail about offers up some amusement.

7. Immunity from personal attacks and such I think, not attacking them and stuff. ^

8. They are telling their paying customers that they must abide by the ToU. Yes, this does seem to be a bit hypocritical, but let's see where it goes.

9. Well said admin.

10. Define threaten and harass mods?

You have stated we have threatened and harassed them? how? by attacking them?

Except for Twicc who admitted to posting something inapprorpriate in private pm. Tornado and I have done nothing wrong.

We have not walled them, we have not demanded anything of them, we have merely stated we would farm them.

Is farming mods against the ToS?

Please be clear on how we violated your rule about personal attacks. The only personal attacks I saw on the original thread were directed at New Age members, some by the very mods we are now not allowed to...what? I dont even know? Please explain. If I hit a mod now, am I harassing them?

As you took my OP seriously, I take your 'warning' seriously. But I dont even know what I am being warned for.

11. Pretty sure NA stripped mods because teja took a contract out with them... So they should cut the crap how they're doing it for some greater cause.

Butt hurt lb player with a rock on for mods put them up to it, hilarious 

12. Wow what has this game turned into. Your giving your mods special protection from farming. That's ********. Farming isn't harassing.

13. @kaw_admin

So tell me I've got this down:

Someone abuses, insults, or harasses a moderator or developer, they will receive consequences.

Surprisingly (and ashamedly) I was never aware of this fact. Thankfully, I have never committed such a horrendous act.

Thank you for your time,
    Shadow

14. ...ata has no obligation to protect anyone's freedom of speech.. :|

15. Wardwaster, kaw admin is not saying they are immune, he is saying you cannot threat or harass them. Example: we are gonna farm mods until they meet our demands. If you were smart, you would know mods cannot meet demands. Devs make the game, update the game, everything with the game, mods are here to help keep the players under control and not let them go crazy. They help make the game better. Not make up the game.

16. LOL NICE JOB. YOU MADE ANOTHER THREAD TO IGNORE ALL THE VALID POINTS ADDRESSED BY THE COMMUNITY!!! Great job kaw_admin. YOU GUYS ARE GOOD!! Bravo!

17. Today was eventful...

18. And devs have taken action because NA were trying to force mods hands in to resigning from moderating not for the farming.

19. They shouldn't get 3 chances. If you warn a player and he/she does it again it should be an immediate perm ban!

20. New Age is takin over KaW. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.