Versa's BFA Guide

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by IlIlIlIlI-Versa-IlIlIlIlI, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Hello again! This is a guide all about BFA! How to calculate it, measure it, and understand it to be exact. There will be 5 different categories:

• 1. What is BFA?
      2. Calculating Exact Stat Bonuses
      3. Rules or Methods
      4. Clarifications
      5. Conclusion

So let's get started!

What is BFA?

BFA is an acronym that stands for "Bonus From Allies." These little allies give their owner a nifty bonus to their attacking and defensive strengths. These bonuses are calculated by how strong the ally itself is. The stronger the ally, the larger the bonus an owner will receive! You can check your bonuses from your allies by clicking the allies tab and looking here:

[​IMG]

The circled part gives the exact stats your allies have added up which designates how much of a bonus you get as an owner. It's great to know that they give you stats but lets look at how to calculate these stats :D

Calculating Stat Bonuses

Looking directly at the stats is great but the trick is to understand these numbers. The bonus from allies in the allies tab is given in power notation meaning that the bonuses are given to raw power.

Even though the bonus is all of the allies stats combined, this bonus is given as a power/strength bonus. Look at this picture for clarification:

[​IMG]

The circled part shows your own attack strength and many other strengths which can be found in your profile. Your BFA directly affects this number, not your combined stats. In the picture of part 1 , it shows over roughly 10 million combined stats in bonuses BUT these bonuses go to the owner's strength, not their stats.

Now the BFA bonuses do not directly show in these strength numbers, those numbers are purely your build. The BFA bonus is added secretly and the only way for you to check the bonus exactly is in the Allies Tab.

There is a way to get an accurate stat bonus from these numbers though. Today KaW runs on stats and not strength/raw power. So this conversion can be extremely helpful.

Rules/Methods

Now if you want to get an accurate account for how many stats you actually gain from your allies, you do a simple formula.

In other words, you add up all of the strength bonuses and divide it all by 50. This will spit a number out that tells you how much combined stats you receive from these allies. Let's add my bonuses up from part 1 and see what we get using the formula:

4,332,924 (plus) 4,327,888 (plus) 1,112,200 (plus) 1,112,200 = 10,885,212

Now let's divide that by 50:

10,885,212 / 50 = 217,704

So from all of my bonuses, I only receive around a 217,704 combined stat bonus to my size. This is a static bonus but it is still a small bonus.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    There is also a 2% method that is really popular among other players. This method works just like above except for one change and here it is:

It's almost exactly like the other method but instead of dividing by 50, you multiply by 2% or .02. Let's prove that it gives the same answer:

4,332,924 (plus) 4,327,888 (plus) 1,112,200 (plus) 1,112,200 = 10,885,212

Now let's multiply by 2%

10,885,212 * 2% = 217,704

Either way works so it doesn't matter which you use.

Clarifications

One issue that developers have yet to fix is the Bonus From Allies (BFA) and Bonus To Allies (BTA) on your profile. Your BTA is listed in stat form while your BFA is in strength/raw power form. It isn't necessarily an issue but it can be a bit confusing.

[​IMG]

This discrepancy eludes that that owner is in fact receiving more stat bonuses than they really are. I would love to have over 10 million in stat bonuses but as you can see, I barely have 217,704. Don't be mislead by this misinformation.

To also clarify, you receive 100% of your allies strength, the only reason the stat form is smaller than your raw power form is due to conversions. Just because you receive 2% of the power as stats does not mean you only receive 2% of your ally bonus. This is just a difference in notations and forms but they both have the same bonus.

Here is an example: what weighs more, 16 dry ounces or 1 pound? They are the same thing but just different numbers. That is the way ally bonuses work for the owner.

Conclusion

I hope this guide provides accurate information and solves some questions any user may have. If there is anything else you wish to see added to this guide, please leave a comment below. Have a great day everyone and happy KaWing!

-Versa-

2. really nice one! 

3. Thanks versa
    I knew all that but new players would find it very useful for sure
    Easy to read, simple and correct
    10/10
    

4. Ahem.. I'm going to start my close inspection now.

5. I didn't see a recent guide around BFA exactly so I figure Id whip one up :lol:

6. Nice 1;)ll clear d doubts fr many

7. Nota bad guide, sticky :)

8. FINALLY.... something worth reading today.. very informative and not too heavy on the numbers... thanks Versa... :ugeek:

9. I didn't really find anything wrong about it, other than the fact that you don't multiply by 2%, you multiply by .02 to find 2%.

10. .02 is 2% :lol: they are the same thing. .02=2%

11. Hey versa ... you should blur out your cell provider "verizon" because that can tell someone more of your location than can the time on an SS that could have been taken at anytime in any tz

12. but you multiply by .02 to find 2%. Let's take 100 as an example. 100*.02 = 2.. 2% of 100 is 2. So while you're right that .02 = 2%, you don't multiply by the percent, you multiply by the number to find the percent.

13. Eh, I don't care if people know my cellular company. I'm somewhere in North America :lol: I just won't tell you where out of our 6 different timezones

14. Also, .02 is 2%. It doesn't matter which one you use. Multiply 100 by .02, you will get 2, not 2%. Heck type 2% into a calculator, it will give you .02.

15. If you type 2% into the calculator it will tell you what number you need to multiply by to find 2%, which is .02.

16. Ok, so let's use your logic  2% of 100 is 2. 2% of 1 (or one whole) is .02. If you multiply that one whole by 100, you also have to multiply the .02 by 100 making it 2. Either way, you get 2. Proving 2%=.02 so multiplying by either one does not matter.