Why are EE clans using GH nowadays ?

Discussion in 'Wars' started by I_Nymeria_l, Nov 8, 2013.

1. It seems to me that the main interest of GHs, their ability to earn plunder on bigger builds, is almost non-existent anymore now that most are heavily towered..
    In fact, in most of the war I see, GHs now just spend the wars hitting each other and plundering off each other because they cannot hit the bigger builds anymore..
    So I ask, why are clans still using GHs? Keeping roster average stats low? That's possible, but if clans take all the GHs out, then the matching will balance in the same way, based on roster strength...
    At the moment, many wars feel like double wars... The top 10-15 hitting at each other, and the bottom GH doing the same, a bit like an army of ants fighting in between the legs of men...
    I have nothing against GHs, really, I'm just confused at what is their interest anymore.. Take GH out of your EE clans, guys and the opposing GH will have nothing to plunder on.
    I hope some more experienced players will enlighten me.

Apologies for the non-fancy, matter-of-fact post, I'm no BB code guru.

2. Lower stats and some can still plunder well.

3. I can still hit big players :)

4. I don't know who you usually fight, Kozmo, but you wouldn't be able to win an attack against the attack builds that we usually field, or very luckily.. You are far from being a GH too...

5. Guild hansels w towers can also up there CS hit range. Which I never understood towers don't raise your attack CS whatsoever. I

6. Was gonna say something else but didn't bother hence the random I @ the end.

7. I win atks against build up to 6 or 7m def I'm still considered a gh as well lol

8. I can hit ppl with over 20mil cs stat. Being a gh is the best :)

9. When a guild has full troops and big attack equipment they can hit big people when coming out of pin so it not totally useless

10. I'm surprised at the number of answers saying that GH are still so popular in EE because, under a very specific set of circumstances, they 'may' hit a big target 'coming out of pin' and earn big plunder... Seems very limited to me...
    I know full well (and experienced it first hand) than a few, 100 maybe (?), GH with top equip and massive BFA are able to be consistently dangerous, but the vast majority of GHs are not to the average decent attack war build.
    As far as I'm concerned, I can smell the end of the GH era coming to EE...

11. We ghs are stronger than we look! Some beefy bfa and we can easily take the top 20  or bfe for that matter :twisted:

12. you can easily take the top 20...Riiiight

13. Nym I actually plan to take apart my gh. I have a feeling turtles are going to be wanted next season. Great meat shields, horrible plunders and very and I mean very hard to ko in ee.
    GH has finally been nerfed, easiest way to stop one is towers because they would need massive bfa and fantastic bfe to hit large war builds.
    As well devs have done a great jon with DTS mech. My gh is about 1.3 mcs and cannot hit anything bigger than 5 mcs

14. Btw reaper your not a gh… Sos leak on a build your size, by that it means hurts the plunder mechanics on your build both hitting and recieving hits

15. I call BS. My main is barely 15m cs and in war, GH are DTW and I am DTS to them. So no, there is no way you can hit someone with 20m cs. They will be DTS to you.

16. GH will never end. There will always be new builds to build, and variations of hansels will always be good. Think about it: There are GH, GHT, Turtle GHs, Pure Hansels, Tower Hansels, Hybrid Hansels, and even if you count pure spy too.

Spy's are very popular, and have been since equipment has come out.

17. Lol a gh made you build towers

18. A: because

19. GH are really solid. Plunder making machines! It's true that you see a little less pure GH BUT looking at my last war with PoC Vs FnS. Pure GH are still doing heavy damage to the enemy roster.

20. Bfa on ghs can be deadly but yeah i have to agree with Nym. Yeah i love having great bfa.combined with bfe but apparently that causes problems depending on the situation. The real question...if ghs are dying.what will be the next popular small build?