scout information addition

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by -_-OPTIMAL-_-CHAOS-_-, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Scouts are really nothing more than ko machines and a way to reduce spies
    The information gained is very limited to the point of why scout.

Could we make them more useful?

What if scouts where to reveal the % of a kingdoms troops and spies remaining.
    A very useful tool in ee, osw and farming.
    If the amount of gold a kingdom had out where also revealed that could massively encourage pvp actions knowing how much you are going to damage an enemy is always so much more satisfying. Be it for fun or revenge.

Yes we know stripping plans for the gold taken but this is just an addition to promote pvp potentially.

Not much more to add as its a basic idea.
    Please add to it or state why your against the idea.

2. I think revealing troop count is fine, but gold I would rather not. When stripped, a good thing to do is bank then slow pot drop. This is so your enemy will waste crystals and time on you thinking they're taking loads of gold when they aren't. Of course, if they could see you're gold that couldn't work anymore, and that's no fun.

3. Hmmm good reason ?

4. Maybe a generalisation, like:

Troops: Around 1/2
    Spies: Around 2/3
    Gold: A few billion

5. That kinda makes scouts really overpowered.

Support. But not the whole thing, maybe troop levels might be ok but definitely not everything.

6. Maybe a % chance that scouts reveal more info?

7. Hmm was at disaster.
    Jac and vengeance yep I see your points
    I haven't convinced myself of the gold idea being honest but put the whole proposal there for discussion.

If all they do is a troop and spy count it would still make them far more useful.

8. I kinda support. Needs tweaked though

9. I love the concept of the idea however scouts are quite overpowered as it is, maybe an additional scout option could be added that has the additional information, however, it doesn't kill any enemy spies. Thus the only reason to do this scout, is for information.

10. Scouts reveal troop count already if you view kingdom..... (At least in non-ee). Don't they? Or have I gone crazier?

11. I saw this on another thread, I think its a good idea but for seeing how much gold an opponent has, it should be a mith spell. There needs to be an element of risk to the attacker so 50 mith with a 50% chance of fail.

You can track your opponents eb history and building stage and guess when they have most gold out. This spell will confirm it but your opponent is notified of a spell and who cast it which would make things interesting.

12. Zamon no.
    Spyte 50 mith would put it far out of the reach of most if not all players that don't ee

Mith spell is imteresting addition but it would limit the use. And if your picking a victim off battle list or wc it limits the pvp appeal.

Tracking for osw or to target a specific victim is all good but when it comes to just random pvp this may make it more appealing.

Battle list shows good or poor reward anyway it would merely add a figure to that appeal that you could use to better determine the point of an attack.

Troop level is the key element IMO though

13. What if it was random and revealed 1 thing whether it be gold, spies, or troops. And had a small percentage chance to show 1 of those?

14. Not gold but if it showed enemy troop/spy bar that would be cool.

15. Because mechs have changed you can have 0 gold out and still be able to get money for hitting. If you spies its a bit different. Alot harder to strip and steal op and know exactly how much is left when done