Market upgrade

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by BadMF666, Oct 10, 2013.

1. How about a market where you can buy mith, aqua and inferno from other players , where a player controls the price from a price range, making a more active market ,more choices to buy money with real money.

2. I think you should run the game.  Support.

3. That's a good idea for players to weak to do tier 5-7 Ebs but has level 3 castle upgrade. Support ;)

4. What if they just put mith in the oracle? lol
    They will make a lot of cash.
    A lot of people would be butthurt. If EE dies out the devs should do it. They could sell the hell outta that armor. -Profit-

On topic
    Idk about these market ideas anymore but i support them as long as exploits can't ruin it.

Support

5. I think its pretty much balanced eight now than to trade such things... It would just exploit alt usage (alt trading) ..

6. This is similar to moose's "stock market" which received a lot if support. So...

Support.

7. if you could buy and sell directly from other players, the market would become a huge mechanism for transferring wealth from a main account to an alt account.

I would buy one aqua from my alt account for 2 trillion dollars and then HLBC it. So I cannot get behind this.

Also, buying mithril is not a good idea, as mithril is the primary driver for war. If it were able to be bought and sold, it would harm EE.

8. I support it would be awesome to trade with other players. It will make the game more interesting

9. Like moose said. It's going to be a big exploit through accounts. Maybe having restrictions to the system would be good. But selling mith is too much.

10. True Moose but if you actually use your brain devs should be able to come up with a restriction for that,it's not like we have some chipmunks developing this game 

11. I haven't read moose's stock market suggestion, so perhaps this would fall under that line, HOWEVER:

The best way to introduce a feature like this, that would not only provide a flexible market with players setting their own prices, but also make exploitation through alts nearly impossible, would be through an anonymous seller "auction house" type of system.

To break it down ~

Each item that is for sale (so in this case, individual pieces of gear, aqua, inferno, mith, etc.) would have it's own specific auction.

When a player wants to sell something, they put the item up for sale on the auction house and set a MINIMUM price they are willing to sell the item for. Their specific item is then placed into a queue with all the other items of the same type and the queue is organized by minimum price, with the cheapest being the very first in line, with the most expensive being last.

Along comes a player wishing to purchase the item, so they select that item category and see that there are "x" number of that item for sale, along with a way to view the most recent sales history of the item (so they can get an idea of how much it is trading for on average) that player then places a "bid" on the item and if the bid is greater than or equal to the cheapest item in the queue, they get the item for the price that they bid on it.

With this method, you almost never know who the seller is and how much they have the item posted for, therefore, transferring of wealth from one account to another becomes extremely difficult, if not impossible (particularly in a game like this where there are such a limited number of items to trade.)

Further, the supply/demand forces play a HUGE role, which becomes a game almost in and of itself (much more dynamic than the current ally trading market in my opinion.)

I'd support a trading idea like this ONLY if it followed this style/a really similar one, else I agree, it's far to open to exploitation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    On a separate note:

I disagree, I think it'd have just the opposite effect. Once I have all the EE war gear, what's the point in warring anymore other than stockpiling for the next season where I might get a few new pieces to upgrade here and there?

If the mith could be sold, I'd effectively "farm" it through the war system and if I could sell each piece for say 1 bil, that'd mean in a 1 hour war, where I get maybe 35 mith profit on average, I could turn around and sell that mith for 35 bil +, which (barring xtal'd Escapes) is much more profit than I could earn in any EB during the same amount of time.