*Idea* Clan Coat-of-Arms

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by _ZE_AshesOfDreams_ZE_, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Firstly, i'd just like to say that I know there are more important things for the devs to work on, but I still wanna get an idea of how the Kawmmunity would feel about something.

I have a customization idea for clans, where each clan could have a coat of arms.
    [​IMG]
    (Rough copy to show idea)

These could be displayed on the clan page,
    and on a players' profile page, and could possibly be used to distinguish family clans.
    And the devs could even profit from it, by charging nobility points for a clan to have one! Set the price at 30 nobs, possibly more.
    Thanks for reading, post criticisms and improvement below.

2. Support but 30nobs for a clan sign is a bit high

3. Support - customizable

4. Maybe have the price at 20 nobs then, same as name change. Ultimately though, the devs will decide the cost.

5. [​IMG]
    Found my coat of arms for the SSS...
    And distinguishing family clans,
    I see a problem with others using their coat of arms,
    Even though they aren't part of the family...

6. Cool idea! Making it customizable would be the tough part, but we are always excited about new clan ideas.

7. Maybe have customizable within limits, such as a template with choices, but a lot of choices and / or ways to upload a image to a specified selection

8. I definitely support this, but it would need some tweaks. I don't think it would be able to be customized and made by the individual player, as this could be used to break the ToU in ways I'm sure you've guessed.

If a certain number of flags/coat-of-arms were made by the Devs though, I could see it happening as no one would be able to abuse it.

9. @kaw_admin: I understand how hard it could be to implement, it's not as simple as just replacing a line of code xD
    @Just/Avatar: I was originally thinking of the coat of arms being subject to a review process, but I like the idea of templates too. Like, it could be made up of 4-5 customizable options such as background colour, border style/colour, logo style/colour etc. The only possible issue is clans ending up with duplicate coat of arms because all the unique ones are in use

10. That's what I was thinking, but just couldn't think of a way to put it. Maybe a number of designs with the option of picking your colors.

11. @Res
    Sure that would work great.
    Maybe a certain number of different shields, a variety of colors, and different designs to go in the middle.

@Just
    I don't see the template idea going down, as I see that taking a good bit of programming and would be difficult to work with. If it could work though that would be cool.

12. Unique idea, loved this in Knights And Dragons - Sorry for posting 3rd party apps but it explains why I like this :p

13. I could see this as a in-game purchase by a clan owner, who submits their CoA to devs review and can gift it to players to wear. The clan owner can take it away from who they choose, and the CoA of a player would only change if there is a breach of ToU, the account is deleted, the owner deletes it from player profile, or the player himself clears it.

The money paid for the shield would, in part, go towards the person who has to review the CoA's.

14. I really like this idea!

15. With either an in-game CoA creator or third party outsource app. The CoA could look different on each profile according to what banner they chose when they started the game.

(For example the monarch could look to be fighting for what's right, while the defender would be defending the helpless, etc).

Various different templates (costing various different amounts) for how they work could apply, and I understand that a lot of coding work could apply, but I think that the resources that devs put in will pay back generously, and that players will be happy.

16. The idea is great but it should cost 15-20 nobs instead of 30,and its kind of hard to customize.the coat of arms(for the devs)

17. Support !

18. Would be nice but would like it free. Would be all for having certain special features cost nobs though. Good idea.