Thoughts on OSW/1v1

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Apache, Oct 5, 2013.

1. A Few Thoughts on OSW (Clan and 1v1)
    [​IMG]

THIS IS NOT A GUIDE!

Essentially this is just a few thoughts on osw/1v1. These are just some general things i think about heading into a fight. There are two main components to this type of gameplay. Psychological Warfare and Intelligence gathering.

1. Before farming a target sit, back and watch their activity. Track their timezones so that you may create Shock and Awe. Nothing creates more shock and awe then being successfully stripped in the first 24 Hours. Instead of stripping, you can use their sleep time to unload on their troops causing them mass amounts of gold loss.

An easy way to track is to screenshot they’re stats or make a spreadsheet. This will give you a base to start off. As you get closer to your start time, you can update in increments.
    Example : update stats every 4 hours, 2 hours, 1hours, then 30 mins, 15 mins, 5 mins,
    [​IMG]

2. When gathering information ask these 5 questions:
    (A)What is my opponent’s current state? (Unsuspecting, Peaceful, Alert, War Ready)
    (B)What is the desired outcome from this?
    (C)What are the best means of communication to reach the opponent?
    (PM, Wall, 3rd Party Apps) (Kindness, Stone wall, Etc)
    (D)How can the opponent be influenced to achieve the desired behavior?
    (E)What are the appropriate criteria by which to assess behavior change?

3. IF you are getting annoyed with someone out of your reach (DTS or DTW) then, proceed to farm a friend of theirs and sit on them until you get what you want.

4. During osw breaking morale is a quick way to make the tide of battle turn in your favor.

5. If you are trying to break morale against a clan, farm their Non Clan tagged accounts. Most time those accounts will leave reducing EB ability and putting doubt in other members.

6. Remember pride plays a big part of any fight. Pride can cloud judgement. This can either be used to stop your target from growing, completing EBs, or getting them to attack you while your clan mates put in work on their clan mates. A good way to influence prideful actions is osw banter.

7. Use the osw banter whether it be through PM or wall to instill helplessness. Let them know no matter who hits you or how many CA’s you’re put in you will keep focusing on them.

8.Always find a way to throw your opponent off! Find a way to get them off their game.

9. Feign Madness! If you’re farming someone, and they like being hit, most people will think what the hell is wrong with you!

10. Always present your opponent with options.

Example : There are 3x Haunts going for a “Limited Time”. Everyone wants the gold for one reason or another. You can say this can go on as long as necessary, or you can just meet the CF requirements and you can go back to 3x gold, growth, EQ hunting, EE war.

Anyways thats just some of my thoughts. If you have any suggestions, additions feel free to throw them in.

~Naomi

2. A non eb noob thread about **** n no posts.

3. Very nice thread. Good job Naomi. I enjoyed the read.

4. My thoughts on 1v1 or osw is just not care about the game. Unless u have alot of allys just come on every hour or time u get a chance unload on target n go back to doing rl stuff after awhile i find out there sleep schedule by noticing when they hit the most n when they do no ebs. I also put moles in my targets clan because sometimes they say gn or some ****. Then just strip em when ur stripbanks have funds n pin them during every eb they got. And use as many accs as possible. 1V1 means player versues player and if u have 30 kingdoms ur still one player.

5. Wait I mean good thread 

6. No no, you were right the first time Cyn.

7. IMO no such thing as a formal 1v1, all is fair in war, therefore it may be my desire to kick your ass myself the less speedily way and prove my skill and tenaciousness or hit you with multiple accounts and friends to get the point accross and quickly end the fight. No such thing as a fair fight. This is how it was in the old days on kaw️ Clan vs 1 target...ahhh good times..good memories.
    -lwp

8. That's still how I thought it'd be, but "1 vs. 1" suddenly popularized… perhaps I'm seeing only the wrong aspects of everyone liking it.

9. Nice Thread.. Liked the Sun Tzu reference

10. Bump because it's good;)

11. Drgn and Cynder are correct, and this is a good thread.

12. I think now A2E sees what they got themselves into

13. I think that if you are fighting someone by yourself then stripping them is really not much of an option.

You have to bare the cost of buying their allies, then you would have to use at least 24 x-tals, the daily limit and you would still not even get close to cleaning them out.

I have found attrition of hitting them hour after hour day in day out is a more viable way.

Cheap threats also help. Eg:

There will be no cease fire ever.
    I'm never going to stop hitting you. Ever
    You can reset for this to ever stop.
    This is your game now.

That's what I do anyway.

14. Awesome thread! Good read for noobs and pros!

15. Lol sure bloody seems like a guide but whatever.

16. Lol Frog. Anyways i would love to see more pvp in kaw. Hope this sparks at least just 1 person's interest