The Writer's Café

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by *Irin (01), Jul 20, 2010.

1. flails agressively

HOW ABOUT WE DO A SAD THINGS WRITING CHALLENGE BECAUSE I WILL WIN

sobs

2. We used to do a thing where there were three random topics and you could chose any one of them and write a Drabble/poem/whatever. We could def do something with that.

3. pls do

I have no plot ideas whatsoever :l

4. Darn it. Can't find the old thread. I'll make a new one tomorrow and we can start off from there.

5. Yeah, about that old thread…
    Me and Chi wrote some questionable stories and it disappeared…

6. "Disappeared"

7. Para is... Inappropriate? 

8. So your name is Face With Clenching Teeth? (As said by the Speak option)

9. I am both rather perverse in the presence of my friends and, wrote a story about assassinating Obama with a pencil…

10. These were the days of mods steering clear of FF, now we've have multiple stop by.
    The three items given were;
    Apples
    Pencil
    Obama

I wrote a story about assassinating Obama with a pencil, for the lulz and all that jazz, after around an hour, boom, it's disappeared.
    Really only me, Chi, Stora and a couple of incompetent noobs posted on the thread.
    After it disappeared with no statement from anybody, or appearing in the graveyard, Chi sad it was probably the Obama story.

I did try to restart the it, but for some unknown reason my threads don't get too much attention, AND the original was made by the lovely Irin which has a certain appeal to it.
    Shortly after, Chi sadly left.

11. I just finished reading what there is of Patches, and all I have to say is daaaaannnngg. I hope you're planning on finishing it, Irin :D

12. Since nothing's going on... I'll post the story here, in a smaller font.
    Smighter, Candi, Dave, and Para probably read it already, but we need some writing stuffs. Written around a year ago:

A Glimpse of the Sky

I walked toward the edge of the balcony, looking over the city below me, until my view reached the ever-obscuring clouds of mist that would mean a long fall to the bottom. I glanced over my shoulder, looking at the huge dome that was the entrance to the other side of the world, literally, where there was an actual city below, not just clouds. Once you went forwards, there would be no way to go back, unless you fancied a lengthy ride on the rails in a semicircle to the other port.
    My left arm had been replaced with the standard issue bio-arms for durability in the sky-rails and overall use, also for the government to keep tabs on you with a transmitter built inside.
    Better get on with it before they get too far away, I thought, walking closer to the edge, closer to the sky-rail above me. Sky-rails were two thick copper bars which you grabbed on to, where friction from your initial momentum caused you to move forward, until you reached your destination. They acted the part of train tracks in the city behind me, though these were a more efficient way of traveling from one place to another. If you slipped, or let go, you had no chance, though the newer bio-arms had a sort of suction cup/magnet, preventing this.
    I jumped forward and grabbed onto the bars, a faint sense of vertigo running up my spine as I automatically looked down. There was a moment of stillness, then the friction system kicked in and I was sent flying across the rails, wind battering me as I went along. My destination was some 200 feet away, and I dived off when I came near it, rolling away the impact as I landed.
    I stood up and went into a sprint, entering the other side of our city, this side being the slums and cluttered areas. As long as you kept your wits about you, and carried a a weapon of some sort, you should see through this area unmolested. All I had on myself was a small yet tough switchblade, yet someone who would try to attack me would face more than his fair share.
    I examined the area around me. Smoke belted out of many tubes on the sides of the squat two-story houses that made up this part of the city. You could hear the faint sound of gears and cogs turning below your feet, keeping the city in the air. Also among that sound was the operating machine of my left arm, which was made of tough brass bolts that stretched across its length, while the joints of my shoulder adapter, elbow, wrist, and fingers all had small gears constantly spinning in a slightly lolling sort of way. The lighting of the city was a dull brown, which was due to the layer of clouds above us, aside from the ones below, which constantly blotted out the sun. No-one had ever seen actual sunlight for as long as people could remember, only records centuries back indicated any sort of actual UV rays shining down on the populace.
    The staccato sound of firing jolted me out of my reverie. They're close, I thought, as I ran through the streets, shoving aside the many residents still out.
    I heard screaming up ahead, and bounded up to a lamp post, shimmied up it and placed my foot across the top, then jumped onto a balcony to my right, wrapping my arms around the rail and pulling myself up, then using the same move to climb up the building to the top.
    I was now on the roof, and free of the streets below, while a slight breeze ruffled my sleeves and hair. I could hear shouting from the same source as before, a few blocks away. I set off at a sprint, occasionally leaping and rolling to go from one roof to the other. The shouting came again, closer this time, and a single shot echoed in the air. Just when I was about to jump onto the last roof and make my way down, my foot caught on a reinforcement bar that was used to stop the possibility of a gutter block.
    I fell like a stone and hit my brow on the wall of the small alley, bouncing off it slightly and making my fall even worse. A slight crunching sound seemed to emanate from my leg joints when I landed, and tried to change the downward momentum to forward momentum through the use of a roll. Instead, in my current dizzy state, all I managed was a small stumble, falling flat on my face as my arms windmilled about me, trying to gain some sort of balance.
    I groaned softly, and stood up, ignoring the pain and steadying the unfocused world with my arm braced against the wall of the alley. I estimated I had fallen a good fifteen feet, and now had a new gash on my forehead to prove it. Finally my head stopped spinning, and as I turned around to continue my run to the source of the firing, a slight rustle came from a foul smelling garbage dump at the end of the alley. I turned around and clenched my fists. A man was standing up a few feet away from me, where a few seconds ago there was not a single hair moving in that spot. The man reeked, especially his coat, which had small bits of green mush mashed against it. He was well built, though why he was sitting in an alleyway, while he could have joined a band and accosted the regular denizens walking around the slums, was beyond me. Probably a drinker. He brandished a club from somewhere behind him, and I backed away, turning around as I did so to set off at a run and not be delayed.
    There was another man there, trapping me. He was around the same size as the man behind me, yet less disheveled and clean shaven. He had both arms replaced with bio-arms, meaning he probably thought that his lumbering form would be able to move quickly. I was out of my depth here, as I was neither strong nor threatening. I turned around to face the man behind me, and jumped back as his arm shot lightning-fast towards my face. As it was, he barely grazed my cheek, though the man behind me shoved me forward yet again. While falling the world seemed to slow down, and I calculated my best chance of winning this fight.
    I don't have much of a chance if I'm cornering myself, I thought as I turned the shove onto a leap through the man's outstretched legs. Seeing as how I was too close to the ground to make an actual forward roll, I twisted on my side and barrel-rolled a few times, until the force of my jump stopped, and I was able to stand up.
    I noted my surroundings. I had around around five feet of wingspan to move in. The walls were made of brick, and would be easy for my shoes to find a grip and allow me to jump over and across the men, if I had enough running space, and there was only one obstacle to jump over. The two men had already fanned out, blocking the small width of the alley. The man with the club stood in the front, catching and releasing the club with his left hand menacingly. He's either a fool, or he thinks highly of himself, I thought, as he had a very small space to swing the club.
    I stood on the balls of my feet and tensed slightly, preparing for an attack. He switched the club to his left hand, and a moment later the attack came. He punched out with his right fist, and I slapped his arm with my right hand, knocking the blow away. Though, a moment later, I was clutching my stomach. He had stabbed me! A slight trickle of blood seeped through my stomach, and I noticed that the tip of the club was jagged. I took the offensive and stepped forward, feinted with my right hand, and as he moved to block it, I swung my left hand in a roundhouse punch to his temple. With the combined force of the momentum and the brass bio-arm slamming into his head, his head jerked sideways, and he crashed into the wall, out cold.
    Now I assessed the last man. He was more wary as he saw what I could do, and stepped forward, spreading his two bio-arms as he walked closer. I flipped out my switchblade and held it a half arm's length away from my right hand. Immediately the man swung with his right arm, which I blocked and shoved away, and he slammed his left arm downwards. The air whistled through the nooks and passageways in his arm as it sailed downward. When it had passed by my stomach, I grabbed his arm with my left arm, and stabbed downwards in a spot above the elbow with the knife.
    Immediately a small beeping started, and he grabbed at the knife and pulled it out, then threw it at me, bouncing harmlessly to my right where I could pick it up freely. When I stood up with the knife now in my hand, the beeping reached a crescendo and a small explosion ran up through his arm, bits and pieces of the bio-arm literally flinging in all directions. This staggered him, and before he could regain himself, I threw the knife overhanded at him. It whistled through the air, planting itself in the veins in his neck, where a huge gout of blood was already streaming.
    I ran past his trembling form into the street, and took off in the direction of the shouting before. Good trick, I thought, wearily grinning, the transmitter is a weak yet easy-to-reach spot for a quick end to a fight. I spotted a pistol on the thigh of a man, obviously showing it to the world in a clear message of toughness. I barreled into him, smashing him to the ground and snatching it away before he could react, jabbing him in the guts to stun him so he wouldn't go after me.
    I now had a weapon, which gave me more confidence, and burst into a clearing. Puzzled, I looked around, sure that this was where the sound came from. Looking around, my eyes alighted on a rusty gate, leading to a sky rail. Realization dawned, and I sprinted toward the gate, shooting off two of the hinges when the gate didn't budge. With the weight of the pistol dragging me down, I swapped it to my right hand and took a running jump to the sky-rail.
    The wind assailed me and I gripped tighter with my bio-arm, urging myself farther when I spotted two quickly focusing silhouettes in the distance. I'm going to make them pay for what they did to me, I thought, urging myself even quicker, they picked the wrong person to steal from, kill, and underestimate.
    With my arms whistling across the sky-rails, my antagonists soon heard me. They looked behind themselves and fired off two shots each. I returned in kind, swinging myself slightly to dodge the missiles coming toward me. The first shot echoed and hit the rail next to the man on the right, jolting him. The second slammed into his hand holding the pistol, and it blew off, leaving a stump trailing blood in the air as he flew by. He screamed and clenched his right arm, the bio-arm, tighter. Too tight, as he jolted into a stop, decelerating from around 70 miles per hour to next to none in the space of a second. He flipped up and over, screaming all the way until he disappeared in the clouds below.
    I looked up, noticing that there was a platform coming up, and realized with a jolt that I forgot about the other man.
    My eyes focused on him, just as he pointed the barrel toward me. If the recoil hadn't moved his shot, I would have had a long way down without a head. Instead, the bullet rang off the rail, crushing two of my fingers, and I fell off.
    The descent was slow, and I was falling on my back. Ever so slowly, I was falling, and falling, and falling. My body smashed into something, I know not what it was, and I looked up at the obscured image of my enemy up far, far above me. Just before my vision became a dark tunnel I found myself looking at the sky, marveling at its utter lack of beauty, when a small crack appeared in it. I looked up at it, completely mesmerized, as the crack widened and opened, a beautiful red ball of heat shining down on me. I had seen it.
    A glimpse of the sky.

13. Plus, I get all proud and egotistical about that story.

14. 'Tis a good story, Phoenix.