War Matchup and Schedule for Week 12

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Don't have an answer for you at the moment. We are investigating several wars of the last two weeks that are huge outliers.

2. All set ko that's crap. advantage ko makes for a much better war then all the tracking and sitting or if on oppisite side of the spectrum kod before can even get 1atk Cuz of loading screens

3. Those blowouts are usually from clans "protesting" the match-ups. It must not be working if you guys didn't pick up on that 

4. Can u do something about barcodes seems like a way to circumvent the system especially when teams are changing name in middle of war?

5. The difference should be based on the absolute number instead of %. Will you consider 5% of 10 trils in bfa the same effect as 5% of 100 trils in bfa?

The most direct impact is CS, which should be considered first and not be differed by more than 50mil cs IMO. BFA works the same way as BFE, so they two can be grouped together to come up with the effective static strength providing clans don't do massive ally trading before and after roster lock time to exploit the system. Usually only the ally trading for lbers with massive BFAs can influence the overall strength. BFA change should be monitored in terms of the absolute number instead of % as well. Total CS and total BFA/BFE should not be differed by a big number (not %). Only if both conditions are satisfied, is it possible to provide a relatively fair matchup.

By doing this, gh problem can be resolved automatically. A clan with small overall cs but tons of bfas can only be matched to another one with a similar structure. Hit ratio thingy wouldn't help improve anything at all. Why would you want someone in the roster while he can't hit anyone? I don't think it's fun to sit there and waste two hours. Please consider to remove it, seriously.

It's better to have no match rather than a ridiculous matchup. The lack of participation is the main reason for those screwed matchups. The payout has to be increased for all the warring clans especially the losing ones to give them a chance to learn and pick it up through practices without losing too much. Lower the opportunity cost so they are more motivated. That's how you can fundamentally improve the matchups.

6. Devs you might want to look into matching players stats, bfa, and bfe as individuals not as a clan. This will help limit exploits. Next on your 90% hit deal. You should think about basing it on chance at successful action. If 90% of the clan can hit someone with only a 1-2% chance of successful actions then I would argue that 0% of the clan can hit that person not 90%. Most all of us agree that close wars are more fun for everyone involved than a blow out regardless of the side you're on so a % for successful actions would be better to match on. Next mith payout should switch to a set amount for plunder or ko's or whatever but smaller builds shouldn't make more because they have to hit bigger. If you're gonna slant it one way or another at least give better payouts to the builds that are bigger and cost more to build. The last one is the least important. Work on matches 1st please.

7. Devs since you finally found your way to answer questions in forums...could you please answer me this. When are you going to reimburse me the money you stole from me. You don't respond to emails or feedback.

8. @Kaw Admin, You are spending a lot of time in this thread but ignoring the other thread involving your Tier 6 level 2 mess. Can you respond in that thread also please?

9. Aww man I posted my warning against stealing on the wrong thread. 

10. Dudes if you're not counting the GH in the stats algorithm because they can't hit people, obviously the difference is being made up by huge builds/leaderboard that yes we can hit, BUT THAT NO ONE CAN WIN ON.

YOU MUST INCLUDE A SUCCESSFUL HIT RATIO IN YOUR MATCHUPS.

11. I will continue to pay to test your algorithm... Although I do not have much faith at this point.

Thanks for the adjustments and at least not standing your ground on an algorithm that was not producing good or entertaining matchups.

To get more clans involved, one could consider a "gold" payout at the end of each match. All participants that had actions against them or actions for would get a set gold reimbursement. People could keep potion stashes higher or get some money into allies. (Just a thought to increase participation).

War crystals would increase participation more, I imagine... People that are skeptical of dropping loads of $$ could drop cash and get "more in return" (I.e a $5 pak is 10 war crystals).

12. at least one thing unanswered still that needs to be cleared up: should clans with all of the current war equipment rewards just take them off? does having a clan full of maxed gloom/paladin equips (due to season 1 participation/rewards) guarantee a large CS discrepancy/mismatch? just want to know how to plan...

13. Nooo devs. If u give the last clan to sign up a no match, Then ppl can easily misuse that. They would delibrately sign up in d end and if they're lucky they would get a no match

14. Disagree with you StarryNight.
    What happens if someone's ally gets bought in the middle of a war, not forgetting its a free ally market and all.

So of my clan mates regularly see 100-190T in allies sold when they wake up from sleep.
    Not your paltry 100-500B, this is Trillion.

For this one reason, the Devs, are having a hard time pinning down BFA. Bcos you never know what's gonna happen.

Here we are warring, and suddenly -IMF- finds himself with 40T in allies sold.
    What do you want him to do, turn his gold into BronzeBars? Not likely right? That's a 8T loss, turning BB back to gold.

He'd have to hire instantly, from let's say his bank or his non-warring clannie or ChongoHombre or Laoda, getting great or better stats, suddenly his stats are higher than when he started the war.

So, how does Devs solve this.....

15. That is a good question. I'm going to test that.

16. We are going to change that.

17. I'm not personally aware of the issue of which you are referring to but I will forward a support request with your feedback.

18. Some of them yes but not all, which is why we are looking at them.

19. A question you never seem to answer that's brought up a ton.. I haven't tested how low I can hit but I know I can hit 5 mil cs easily which I do.. but when they return fire it's a brick wall.. hit ratio po-dunk.. A toddler can fight a grown man but what's going to be the outcome? Usually the man will win.. same thing you're doing with these wars.

Dump the hit ratio that's basing these matches.. you're punishing season one participants by adding bfe into the match making process because they get dumb matches because of the equipment they earned.. bfe doesn't make up for raw stats.. a 4m cs with 350 mil bfe will get eaten alive by a 12mil cs with eb equipment.. oh but its okay because they can hit each other.. sigh 
    Tl;dr Dump hit ratio

20. Good to know that the devs are making positive changes to the algorithm based on the Kaw community's feedback. But at the end of the day what the ee community really needs is a COMPLETE OVERHAUL of the matchup system that will give us consistently even pairings and be less restrictive than the current 26-29 min roster limitation.

The only way I see this happening is to add another dimension to sign ups. Say that the first 20 ppl to sign up are guaranteed a spot on the war roster. Then everyone that signs up after that are placed into a lottery or reserve pool of players that are assigned a spot upon matchup (with priority given to those that signed up earlier). So the algorithm would match up clans based on the initial 20 and then add players as needed to both sides (in order of priority) to even out the matchups based on CS, bfa, bfe, etc... Thats it, that simple. Then you have much more closely matched pairings and a significantly less restrictive roster size limitation both of which will serve to increase ee participation rates. It might not be as automated or simple as the current system but it would get the EE community 1. consistently balanced match ups with fewer No Matches and 2. relax the highly restrictive roster size limitation and 3. ultimately get us past the two most significant issues negatively impacting ee war participation rates imho. That or one could continue to go back and forth adjusting the current algorithm while never really resolving the issue. :p