Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 11 - Wars 5 and 6

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Aug 18, 2013.

1. MCARNI always has great ideas that seem logical.

Not sure why the devs dont listen. He's been saying this since the first EE war trials.

Hit ratio matching is a joke. a clan might be able to overcome a wide CS disadvantage in a 1 hr war. however - 2 hrs. No chance. eventually the big guys on the other end will prevail.

Devs we appreciate ur efforts. We love EE wars. but hit ratio is a lose lose situation. please scrap it or fix it. At least calculate successful hits if we continue hit ratio. or listen to someone like Mcarni or some of the other very smart KAW players that have come up with suggestions.

Thanks!

2. Overwhelming plunder differences is NOT the issue. We all just want an even matchup at the start based on CS, bfa, bfe and then let the players duke it out. If a clan gets an even matchup and then lays down or is not active and gets blown out that's their fault not the system. Stop asking the devs to manipulate the outcomes and plunder disparity of these wars. That's for the warring clans to determine.

3. The wors thing is Devs dont answer questions regarding wars, we talking into def ear it seems.

DS vs NWOCB, almost 200M CS in difference, and who knows how big is the gap in BFA. It seems matches are getting worst not better. My 2 cents are:

Dont do matches with more than 10% CS difference, unless the smaller clan has more members, bfa, bfe, but limit the gap of BFA % between clans too.

4. What some fail to take into account is DTW/DTS. While yes, there are a number of LB players in the war, the number of opponents they can even hit are extremely limited. In the current war, Teja is unable to hit a single opponent. The other LB players can only hit a handful. If you take their impact (minimal due to limited actions) this would have been a fun war for both sides.

Instead, you chose to "boycott", use no mith and have very few actions, thus burning no attack or spy attack pots. Yet everyone who "boycotted" will do The Vanished Paladins eb to "replace" the mith you never even used.

Do I think the matches are fair? Not always. They seem to be very lopsided this weekend for whatever reason. I have been on both sides of the unfair match scenario. But I think if you came to fight, then fight. The mith used will get replaced at the end anyways.

Happy Warring ! 

5. DS vs Night Watch? Wow lol

I don't see how the matchup system got this messed up, but it's pretty clear your not ready for season 2. Run a tournament or something if you must roll something out but starting season 2 as announced with this matchup system is BS.

6. Kaw admin and devs - if you are going to listen to anyone wouldn't you listen to those that have warred almost every single war?

Ignoring that your current logic is NOT working and saying, yay we have zero or little no matches will just make more not waste money and time on these crap wars.

Examine and provide responses to battlegrounds' matchup and dragon sanctuary matchups for war 6...

Or do you not care about the most loyal players around and just want unfair matchups?

7. The matchup is bad because the bigger clans ZAFT and RCA are in OSW and some of the other big clans has choose to step aside probably resting up for Season 2.

8. DS versus night watch makes no sense. In fact, many of the matchups this week and the last are terrible. Just because two clans can hit each other and not break DTW mechanics doesn't mean it is a good match. Like hulk alluded to, suppose a clan of 5 mil CS can all hit a clan of 8 mil CS who each has 5 tril allies, then hit ratio is 100%. Fair? No. Moreover, while I applaud the idea of trying to make more wars competitive (less plunder difference), remember that in ELO based systems, better clans are compensated better. Do not piss on the efforts of clans who work hard to prepare for and plan for wars. You may find these clans to become discouraged to war, and see your crystal usage dry up not just in EE, but in general as your most involved players decide to quit the game.

9. This seems like a deja vue moment, The Outlawz have been our matchup for a few weeks now, even more than once a weekend although their builds are much bigger than ours. A bit of feedback seems to be required. Firstly the dts and dtw formula doesn't really work, for example a medium build can be hit by top builds 15-20mil cs and by Gh but can't hit effectively neither. Do think the 5 min advantage should be kept because it keeps the opponents on their toes and makes war more fun. Because winning is calculated by plunder intake match up should be calculated not on all actions but on ability to att/steal since these are the two plunder earning actions. Don't have much war experience but these are some of the things worth mentioning at the moment.

10. Support the DS boycott.... If things continue this way season 2 will mean end of EE wars!

11. Wraith I understand you being pisssed about the last war but this is 29vs29 you have plenty gh plunder busters, but fact is it's been a great war win or lose.

12. @ applegirl at start of your post your saying our match up is a good match and towards the end your saying it's bad, make up your mind. We could never win this war, so what's the point of trying.

I'm #74 in our cr and I can hit for example #10 in your cr and #10 can hit me aswell, the chance of me being successfull in my actions against #10 is 0% whereas his chances of successfully hitting me is 100% using spy or troops. I doubt I can even scout him gannicus successfully

So devs how on earth were we supposed fight nwocb using your hit ratio ********. You dts/dtw system doesn't even work I should definitely be dtw for lb players.

Much better system would be to completely remove hit ratio and base match ups on total clan cs, BFA and bfe. Certain clans with a lot of GH can abuse this system, the only way to stop them from doing this is to remove Guilds from HL. I really hope you do remove guilds from highlands but if you won't atleast make them pay better

13. Out war rating only changes with a loss, but no increases for wins. What gives???

14. Do something about guild hansels. You got rid of heavy tower builds in a couple of weeks last time, with a solution. Yet gh get a free pass. Give them the same solution you did for tower builds and lets move on. The advantage they give is ridiculous

15. @Hulk. Read my post. I made no reference to any war specifically being a good match or a bad match. I said this "could have been a good war".

In last paragraph I was referring to a number of wars - hence the phrase "I've been on both sides". Suggest reading more thoroughly before posting a response. 

As a follow up: Teja, who was on the winning clan, will earn no mith. However, the opposition who chose not to fight, will all earn 12-14 for their non-effort.

16. How on earth could of this been a good war, your clan filled with lb players, who can hit 90% of our roster successfully whereas our clan can probably barely hit 30% of your roster successfully.

Teja got 2 mitril for being inactive lol, he should be happy

17. @applegirl get your facts right teja got 2 mith payout