Device Delinking and Account Management

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by kaw_admin, Jul 30, 2013.

1. U should have do this earlier. So that my account won't get get hacked by some random ppl. Good job and thank ata for doing it so slow.

2. 5 seems like a good limit. If needed another account transfer..device_transfers@athinkingape.com should be allowed to transfer, for a good cause.

I.e. Oh no! My phone just broke and I need a new one. I can't play KaW on my previous account because I already transferred 5 times?! Sad face.

3. Question if apple comes out with 6 iOS updates before the old ones go at a rate 1 per year then I will be locked out my account?

I am only linked thru my phone app so say 2 times deleting app ( which support has ask me to do to correct ata updates) 3 iOS updates in the time of one year and I won't have access ?

4. An iOS update won't cause you to relink your account.iOS doesn't change your UDID. Your UDID is your log in and password to get onto KaW.

5. As far as I'm told iOS updates are treated just like a factory reset by the way kaw recognizes ur I device if I'm miss informed I'd like to know (same as deleting app and reinstalling)

6. We can't confirm that the iOS update would count towards the device limit at this point in time.
    Once we know for sure we'll post an update. Sorry we don't have a useful answer on this one right now.

7. KaW recognizes you as you by your UDID (universal device idendification). This is an embedded code that is built into your iDevice that makes yours different from the next. Every iDevice has one, and only your code will log you into your account (from that iDevice).

Deleting the app, and reinstalling it will NOT change your UDID, or delete your account from your iDevice. iOS upates also do NOT delete/change your UDID/KaW Account.

Hope this clears things up a little.

8. I'm confused? I've had iOS updates before, and I was still logged into my old account. I've even factory restored my iPod before, and still was logged into the same account. Why would it be any different now?

9. Yes but deleting ur account doesn't change ur udid either but does count was my point

10. Ty kaw admin pm or here would be fine it could get real sticky if every thing counted 5 times could be used up real fast and never 1 time actually transferring account

11. I'm confused cause mine is saying I have 6/5 connected. I've never factory reset my phone, or moved this account to a diff phone. I might have deleted and reinstalled app twice but that's it. And it's saying last login was 1 hr ago and the one before that says 2 hrs ago. Makes no sense. Hope ppl don't get locked out of there account for stupid reason. Especially when they have only had 1 account on their device

12. Kyump, take a SS of the tab, and send it to support@athinkingape.com

For more detail of your situation refer back to page 2 and 3 of this thread.

13. Thanks slayer I will look over those two pages

14. As I stated to emails to devs before. I hope the timer and thresholds are changed. Had no idea the transfer limits changed and had multiple device issues. Letting them community know about changes that affect people's accounts should be sent out in memo. I had to search for the answers to the 5 a year transfer post even after asking support in emails 3 times. Just wish I knew about the rules before hand. I would have linked my device to my tablets and done away with phone link. I still applaud the devs for being proactive in creating a easy way to keep track of ur account. Kudos!

15. well i have 12 Connected to this account

What should I do ??!

16. I have 2 on my device....... This is the only one! What does this mean?

17. Dragon, read the section 'What are all of these devices!?! On the original post. It'll explain there

18. I have 9/5 devices linked to my account 
    I better get unlinking huh

19. I dont think this has been mentioned but updating KaW from the app store also created another device on my account. Also, deleting and reinstalling app is a bad one to add a device count because that is pretty standard troubleshooting for apps acting up. Many of us don't play the other ATA games. Clearly this isn't using UDID alone which is obviously an effort to curb UDID spoofing, but as it is right now we'd see a lot of locked out people in a hurry. I get this whole concept, but please work out all the bugs before enacting limits! Getting locked out because of new iOS, or updating KaW itself is not a cool prospect!

20. Just to understand 100% i will soon be able to get this account off two devices!?!!? (Both devices are androids)