Plunder dynamic, BFA, and BFE - an outrage

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Khaymens, Jun 16, 2013.

1. If you are wondering what has happened to your plunder in EE wars, battle list, or osw (basically any player vs. player action) here is a quick summery:

The Devs have radically changed the value of your bonus from allies adding it into their equation of how easy or hard it is for you to win against another kingdom.

They have not included bonus from equipment into this new equation, and have greatly over rated BFA.

Players that have invested in allies are now at a severe disadvantage over everyone else in the game. They pay out 10's of millions more when you attack them, and make 10's of millions less when they attack.

While TS (true strength = Build BFE BFA) of a kingdom should be valued in payouts per action this change is criminal. They did not add TS to the plunder dynamic, they only added BFA and over valued it drastically!

For those who have always wondered the way to easily calculate what your BFA and BFE actually add to the strength of your kingdom it is relatively easy.

Strength from BFA = divide the stats from the total of your allies by 50

Strength from BFE = divide the stats from your equipment by 50

Example: A middle of kaw account with let's say 3 mill attack and defense with 500k spies

They have 500billion invested in a couple allies that total the same stats they have 3mill / 500k

They have hit the EB drops well and have all spots filled with BFE stats like 50mil / 40mill

Their actual BFA as it equates to strength = 60k / 1k (very small addition)

Their actual BFE as it equates to strength = 1mill / 800k (HUGE addition)

The game developers refuse to add equipment strength into ANY of the new changes in the game when it is clearly now the 2nd biggest part of the game, and in the case of GH's doubles or triples their strength.

A true EE war build Guild Hansels stats with no BFA and fully loaded equip TS (true strength) is 60k / 800k buildings 2.5mill / 2mill BFE = TS 2.5mill / 2.8mill

Everyone can see that ignoring the TS of these builds has given them a huge advantage in EE through their ability to win against much higher building stat players - winning much more $ because of Guild mechanics, and only their tiny build stats being used in matchups.

If the devs truly want to make plunder from victories equate to the strength of the kingdoms involved all factors contributing to strength have to be included. They have to be included in the actual % they add to a kingdoms strength.

Realizing that these changes in now way affects hitting an epic battle most of kaw is continuing as it always has - and most warriors know to stay off forums the outrage has been mostly in feedback and emails up till now.

But over rating the strength a kingdom receives from the allies without even accounting for equipment has done a couple things:

1. Made buying allies an actual detriment to your ability to war in system wars, and gives your enemies in osw more plunder when attacking you

2. Made growing your kingdom after land complete build complete (only way to add strength is through allies) a detriment to your kingdom

3. Taken all the hard work and money from years of loyal players and not only made it not worth it, actually penalized them for it.

4. It will kill the Allie market as buying allies for the reasons stated above is not a very smart move and most players that have played for years very much enjoy the war aspect of the game.

If you agree that the changes are ridiculous as they are then please post support. We need to let them know we are very confused and angered by this change. It makes no sense moving forward, and has "mistakenly" excluded a major factor in a kingdoms strength.

Make TS (true strength) a factor in the plunder mechanic, just fix this so it is proportional and includes all variables, and do it before you have too many great players leave or slowly stop playing due to feeling betrayed by this latest "update" - we have to make our voices heard or I fear nothing will be done.

2. Intelligent thread. Well done. Good points made.

3. Support.
    This just answered a question that I asked on another thread 30 seconds ago 0_o

4. Expected a noob rant when I read the title but well made so kudos

5. Well written and true!

6. Khaymens once again Great War thread
    Full Support
    Devs you Guys made a mistake now realize it and change it

iChaos

7. Please lock for misleading Info on BFA bfe

BFA is the bonus that u see on the top of ally bar. It is 2% of raw stats .
    BFE gives you the bonus it says it gives you same as pots :roll:

8. But support the rest

9. @ cold killer

BFA I was talking total stats and...
    2% is the same as dividing by 50

BFE needs to be translated into stats all of kaw uses which is what is done in the thread. I have 4.9 mill attack stats from my buildings - my BFE adds another 2.3mil - It does not add 130mill

The correlation of both BFA,

10. Lol at the "lock this thread" and then "but I support the rest"

11. Right lol

my last post was cut off, the math in my op is correct for both BFA and BFE translating it into building stats.

Thanks for your support though on main part of thread cold killer 

12. SUPPORT
    Why such a drastic change to something that only needed tweaking, not a full overhaul?
    Being back season 1 dynamics.
    SUPPORT

13. Very well written- nice.

14. Valid debate. Support

15. Well framed thread op. I think it's about time that the devs sit down and actually inform their player base what the hell they're doing with this game.

Not the typical one or two paragraphs on one change in total isolation. I'm talking a proper roadmap. Devs, please give us a modicum of a clue as to your intentions for KaW.

I'm sure this is all beneath you guys. So while you collectively contemplate your navels, I suggest everyone dust of the 1 star rating in the App Store. If history is anything to go by, it's about the only thing you understand.

Seriously guys. You've got to get better. You're starting to look like rank amateurs.

16. Fully support!!! 