Estoc Trials - Friday War 1 (blitz)

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Yeah This war blitz too fast player needs to think quick on their feet

2. Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong!! You are all wrong!! Their is more strategy in blitz than in 2 hour slug feasts. Yes it is a race to sko, but so was the 2h wars. These new wars keep it interesting the whole 1h. I'm not sure how the 5-10m ko timer will work with a longer battle. Blitz was intense, might be too much for 2h, we we will see!

My only gripe is the lag. It got bad the last 15-20min and lasted until all the wars were over. It's next to impossible to hit back if you are taking incoming.

I had fun. Close all war. Team in control at the end won, as it should be!

3. we won, dont think i will war again under this format. Computer was horrific, and the ap is so bad i refuse to war on it anymore. After over 1k spent on this game, im about done. Iv had more fun loosing under previous system.

4. That was very fun kept me on the edge of seat. I now like the 1 hour over the 2 hour less time out of schedule and more interesting.

5. I like 1 hr concept. But 5-10 minutes is way too soon out of ko.

Jury still out for me. Need to see 2 hr and as well as what it's like to be on getting whooped side.

One thing is. U need to be actively playing
    Entire time. No rest at all in between kos

6. Speed would be ok if we regened with higher troops. If you want one hour wars you need to double the regen rate or do full regen on ko and half regen on sko.
    Though we said that regen rates needed tweaking months ago for short wars

As for new system. Completely dumbs war down trackers are needed but their skill is destroyed.
    I can see the idea of coming out of ko seemed good at first, but it def gives an unfair advantage in these wars especially with lag taken into account.
    Still think live actions without spinner would of resolved a lot of the fun issues. As would a trial of faster or set regen patterns.
    Ie regen at 10 minutes half troops 20 minutes full troops choose which. Trackers can monitor for both. (xtal up at any time as normal)

Matchups either need to be more random or much tighter leading to more no matches. Set clan stats at various levels for clans select from in those brackets randomly. Mismatch is better than no match just don't stack same opponents up 2-3 times in a row boring as it gets.
    The new attack to come out of ko also kills the ability to sweep for targets after the 5 minute mark. This is a huge advantage for the enemy from our point of view and a huge pain in the butt for us as its harder to confirm who's up and out of ko early without exposing yourself.
    You need to add a button to come out of ko if your going to insist on this method.

Try some of the other ideas as at the moment this will kill wars for all seasoned clans dumb led down turtle wars are not what we needed or wanted.

[​IMG]

7. wars were awesome thank u. :)

8. And I'll add to that ANY no talent hack of a clan can win these wars by having eb plunder builds. Just atk, atk, atk, sko w/out pots, pick a random regen time, repeat. Why does anyone have any towers any more? Nobody is even trying to knock anyone the opponent. The biggest 1 hour debacle of a war I've ever experienced. SKO in 3 action???? REALLY???? Don't use any xtals!! No need! There are a group of clans that you can count on being in every war. NWoCB is one of them. Full season, 0 no matches, but you'll see these clans not sign up for wars because all that was good about them is gone. If the old system wars payed mith these ET wars would sit on the shelf collecting dust because who needs two sets of turtle wars????

9. Added to that yes the positive is definitely 1 hour blitz wars could be fun. Just tweak and bring back skill

10. Nice try, very very bad lag for me, very hectic too, felt a little messy after previous season wars... Longer regen time needed in my opinion (as a max), doesn't "feel" as strategic or a joint effort as previous wars either. 2 hours of that may be a bit too much of a cluster @!*? ... Keep trying devs 

11. My clan is open to those that cannot find a war clan we have just started and are looking for players join us at DAVE

12. thanks for the wars. :)

13. And 1 hour wars Are awesome

14. Why couldn't you have just made a blitz with regular ee wars? Look at ZD vs -RCA- . You made kos completely irrelevant. RCA had 10x more kos than ZD but ZD warred the best based on the new system. They knew spies are now completely irrelevant. Leave your opponent with spies as u sneak Attks rest of war.

The broken part was not the tracking but the numbers. You couldn't win minus 2 or 3 at end of season 1. Everyone was too good. We fought hit squad minus 3 and plus 3 and the scores were almost the same but reversed. If we were dead even numbers we would have had a fun battle. That's the fix. Even numbers with like an after matchup force veil that admins can cast. You were trying to pander to clans who fought twice and lost and gave up and cried about trackers. Lets help clans with 5 inactives become even with top clans. No reason to try to make yourself better. Lets change up the system for clans who rarely warred.

We are just participating enough to get ee renewed. We will not support this. With our no match we have 26 who won't sign up again for 2 weeks. If this is your new system you lose our 500 xtals a week. Plus xtalling in a turtle war is wrong strategy anyway.

15. Wow, my post seems to have been lost . . . so I will sum up.

Just lost the first Blitz war, so if that colors your perspective of my comments, well, so be it.

Don't care for the new system for the following:

(a) regen times are insufficient so you are largely compelled to hit from pin (i.e turtle wars);

(b) strategy is all but eliminated and an "every man for himself" format rules, not good for building clan unity;

(c) tracking is all but eliminated, and in my opinion that is a bad thing, but that could be just me . ..

(d) requires sweepers to sit on one target, repeatedly spamming with attacks (which, by the way, screams for a bot), hoping to take away one attack from the target . . . very boring and will get old fast (like right now).

Conclusion:

Bring back the old war mechanics, but fix the matchups (i.e. by factoring in BFE as discussed in other threads).

I vote NO on the new system.

16. Can all who post say if they won or lost...cuz looks like a pattern to me.

17. These 1hrs are what they r but dont stop the 2 hr wars and should make the 5-10 more like 15-20 or atleast 10-20 so sko and trackers still jave a chance.

18. Very good job ATA.

Reminds me the old good times 

19. Like I said "hate it". Back to turtle wars again. I thought we wee trying to improve the game. Guess I need to change build again. Don't need towers of spies for this crap. Kinda useless again. Plunder up and stay pinned. Can't even get timing on people since they can come up when they choose to.

Like the old system better if u can get the matchups right. One hour war is fine too but not this way. People stopped warring before but I guess the incentive is the mithril now.