Clan Ad Spam Rule

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by kaw_admin, May 30, 2013.

1. It was stated earlier than this rule doesn't effect 2 different WC's

2. Thanks, must have missed that.

So 4 ads per each WC?

Guess we will have to ask our clan members where they live or at least which wc they are on - would doing that be against the rule about asking/revealing personal information?

3. But most clans become stronger and better by having members post ads makes it easier to find a clan based on eb needed I think old rule was better Idevices only holds less than a minute of ads or chat lines from WC how can we keep track of how many ads are being posted if you are trying to focus on completing eb and bring more active players for it. Unless KAW ads a warning after last post on WC but that will have to be for entire clan. 

4. Clan ads are important to Kaw- they provide employment and growth opportunities to individuals. Without them, wc will be filled with players shouting "buy me!" "Buy my Allies!"

The devs claim this game is suitable for teens, encourage them to join, then force them to become pimps or prostitutes by limiting the ability to find honest employment!
    I say tell the devs to stop forcing our youth to walk the streets and silence anyone that says "buy"!

5. @Sweet

Don't do it in public.

Wink wink.

6. This is why I love devs support

7. Bumping to active topics

8. It's NOT working,ppl STILL SPAM wc with clan adds,ppl that do that should be.........

9. ^Ice, this rule does not go into effect until June 7th, and this week will be a week of warning people that you can't do it anymore.

10. I think this discourages EBs and EB hunters. I've already seen people posting ads with other clan names in the ad to get around the rule. no clue if this will work but they're certainly trying. A better solution would be to have an Ad Chat solely for ads then silence anyone who posts ads in WC.

11. Lets see how long this rule lasts. Apple lets the individual spam rules slide, but to punish someone that posts once and happens to be the 5th is unethical. While I agree wc spam is out of control, I also know its always been out of control. It's the same as it was in the pwar era. But, I believe this new rule is going too far. If people want to chat they can use walls,pm,ac, and cc. But only time will tell. Apple will make their decision, and it's typically against ATA.

12. @Amber: that's actually a good idea. The should create an ad only chat window.

13. If someone posts a clan ad, but is not IN that clan, they should receive automatic silence. Regardless if first, 3rd, 4th or 5th can ad.

14. Personally I've never used wc as a chat platform because 5 speakers/day isn't much to talk with. I've only used wc to post some smartass comment or tell a dumb joke. Nothing that really invites convo from other players. Yes you could save up for a few days, but then you're not able to participate because you're trying to save speakers. Wc is just not a chat platform for me.
    I feel it would be beneficial to all to make the clan events tab useful. Devs could take the existing eb drop down list, add it to the clan events tab, and have a list of clans currently running those ebs. I also like the idea of instead of having just a random list of all clans, to make it so that clan owner/admins would have to opt into to that list and be able to set their stats minimum requirement. Then perhaps every player could be allowed say 5 clan promote tokens daily just as world chat speakers. More tokens available for purchase with nobility, etc. Clan members could then spend a clan a promote token to move them further up the list. The more promote tokens used, the more visibility to other players in search of said eb. Once spent, tokens could also expire after a certain amount of time to encourage token use. This way clans who do not wish to be bombarded with join requests can stay off the search list. And clans looking for people have a way to promote themselves, and devs have another chance to earn some more cash.

15. KaW.....What is supports email?

16. I support lacey's Idea.

way better than what we have here but its a lot of work for the devs.

Just hope they are listening to all the feedback in this thread. :?:

17. Please be aware this rule is being fully enforced FROM the 7th of June-you are currently in the grace period (the week preceding means the week before) and that from the 7th silences will be given to those breaking this rule.

I can see that there is a lot of mixed opinions about this rule, concerns about people accidentally posting too many within the time frame etc, and this is why the grace period has been put into place to allow for clans to prepare and put advert management systems in place.

All suggestions for game improvements should be emailed into support@athinkingape.com or by using the feedback function within the game for the developers to look at.

It has to be remembered that this idea has not just been plucked out of thin air, ATA didn't just wake up one day and decide "hmmnn.. What shall I do today-I know, I'll try and stop people from posting adverts to join their clans", this idea has come from player feedback to try and make things run more smoothly.

With regards to the many suggestions to create an advertisement only channel, I too would love to see this, however I'm not a developer and I have no idea how much work this would be to get it working!

My advice for now is to run EB's suitable to your clan size to finish, and for clan owners and admins to manage advertisements. Good strong clans which will last are rarely built from mass advertising in my opinion, but grow naturally with strong bonds and become more like a family than a business of churning Epic Battles out.

If you find your clan in a position where it looks like your failing, then contact friends early enough to make a difference, and remember, they are probably doing an EB of their own so may take some time to get to you.

18. Great.

Now all we'll have to look at on wc is teenage attention seeking role players and preds looking to chat with genders and thats not forgetting the trolls, noobs, ragers, and general haters that inhabit the wc.

Here's looking forward to seeing a constant flow of (IdiotAttentionSeekingNoob has been silenced)....excellent.

The ads are annoying but they're there for a reason. An Ad chat would've solved this issue better.

Stupid Idea, Badly conceived, poorly executed...nil points to Dev-Land