The Writer's Café

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by *Irin (01), Jul 20, 2010.

1. I have been out of school for 3 days. :D

2. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Braces hurt.

A lot.

Anyways, they're blue and red.

[strike]pepsicola[/strike]

Next month they'll be orange and red.

[strike]stridercest[/strike]

3. Damn, no strikes on KaW, apparently.

4. :(
    Regents coming up. Done school in 5 days or so... Then crazy nonstop studying.

5. Yo, i know this is slightly unrelated, but anybody read A Streetcar Named Desire?

6. No, I've read Homestuck.

I've read Jane Eyre in fifth grade.

Pride and Prejudice in sixth.

Now I'm reading the Wheel of Time series.

After that, I'm reading Ulysses.

7. Bookworm or just smart?
    Good luck on not falling asleep on Ulysses.

8. Ha. Braces.

They suck bad. Reaaaaalllly bad.

5 days left. 5. Madre padre. Days.

9. Biology and Integrated Algebra...
    Regents; come at me paper.

10. Rise will have three books. I will name the first two
    2013: Rise: Day of Vengeance
    2015: Rise: Day of Reckoning
    2016: Untitled Rise Sequel

New chapter tomorrow.

11. 2016: Rise: Day of Morning Glory.

12. Lol nope. :lol:
    Still need to name it

13. Ugh. Thought I was in pain yesterday.

Dear universe,
    When I asked if this could get any worse, it was a rhetorical question, not a challenge.
    Sincerely,
    Dave

14. Watch out for a long post. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Here's the thing...
    I've always been a hardcore Xbox fan... But I never played multiplayer.
    Then I got all these free months and $1 for a month deals. I had a taste of multiplayer after 7 years of solo gaming with my brothers. While in a way that was good, since I developed my skills while playing against good players, and not the fruitcakes online, so that I could and still do DESTROY players on Halo online...
    I don't want to pay $10 a month for multiplayer.
    When I heard about the new consoles, I immediately set up plans for getting the PS4, since it is known to be superior in the sections that I care about, mainly free multiplayer.
    The thing is, today I heard that a friend of mine, who's going to be upgrading for the new generation, decided to go for PC gaming instead of Console.
    He told me about it, and I was immediately turned (Bye bye Halo. Too bad I won't kick your ass on Legendary anymore. :( ).
    So, by the end of this summer, I should have around $700-800. I'm not really a tech person, so if I want to build my own computer for half the price; unless it is pretty much baby talk to add the pieces, I probably won't be able to do that.
    So, when I get that money, I plan on buying a desktop. I have an awesome flat screen and sound system already.
    A keyboard is another matter, though all that I really need is a standard mechanical keyboard.
    What Desktop and parts should I buy, that I would be able to play Battlefield 4 on medium graphics? (I really don't care that much about graphics. I just need a good looking game, not to play on the highest setting. Though, in place of amazing graphics I'm looking for next to no lag. Except... One thing that I NEED is awesome lighting. Like when you go out of a building the sun blinds you for a few seconds.)

So, does anyone have any answers for me, and should I wait until Black Friday to buy these parts?
    Not advertising, of course. Le mods.

15. Chapter one is out

16. I have connections that could help you, Phoenix.

I know this guy that built a computer for 500$, for himself, it ran freaking amazingly fast, had a tv like screen, etc.

17. Xbox 360!!! Woot woot. I love my xbox, but I think I'm just doing whatever my friends do. Playing online is more for fun to me than anything else. And ruining them all in RTS games. 

18. I never liked consoles xP

19. General rule of thumb:

Processor - i3 series play low, i5 play medium, i7 fast. AMD is better for streaming/media

Graphic cards - £100 cards will do fine, just makes sure the parts fit into the motherboard.
    £250 all good for everything.

RAM - Get around 6/8GB, good for gaming, good for a few years (Future planning comes in handy)