Adjustment to address potion "burning"

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by admin, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I need to talk to you immeditaly

2. Its uber important!

3. What a joke! Morons! You are screwing up your own game.

4. Awsomnessssss

5. This change is out, and in response to each user:
    1. This change is to prevent builds that are all defensive towers with one spy/attack building that is used to burn through potions (these builds to exist)
    2. This change is to prevent those with one spy/attack building to burn through potions. (e.g. attack build with one spy building that just wastes his spies on scouting to burn through potions).
    3. We continually crack down on duplicate accounts, so if you see one, please report it. You might have noticed that accounts are being shut down.
    4. This is in preparation for the release of wars, since in a war, anyone from one guild can attack anyone from the other guild (no level restriction)
    5. The change doesn't make it less likely for you to burn through potions if you're actually attacking/spying them. i.e. if you're a spy build and you attack an attack build, you will use his potions. Potions are used until the defender has a 99% chance of defending successfully. We're not going to reveal the exact formula, but that means that their defense has to be A LOT MORE than your corresponding attack.

For comparison of spies vs. attack builds:
    Spies make more per success than a full attack build WITHOUT ALLIES.
    Spies make almost as much as a full attack build with MAX ALLY BONUS.

6. What the dev says is true. Spies don't make less , save the fact that every 5 mins constitutes 2 attacks and 1 spies. However , balanced by the fact that spy steals can remain hidden / undetected.

This update is good , as to stealing
     to win a spy attacks , use spy potions. Both side losses money (No body said a war could be profitable)
    a recent test shows steal income from 18 LVL4 guilds , 5 lvl 3 guilds to amount to 9+ million on a giant target.... This shows stealing as still being viable



7. Except that top LB type targets will of course be running 8 spy def pots. So even full g4 spybuild won't have a chance. Unless he spends more on pots to have a chance at getting through. Then what? Maybe make a 2 mill profit.

And regarding the reference to profit during war, you're correct there. But people attack others for gold outside of wars more than war attempts. I meant orig, the issue with profiting in general

8. Gg devs  tired of losing 8 pots when small users attack. Please do the same for attacks, not only spy attacks

9. Forgive my ignorance but has anyone mentioned that with the new clan update attk builds can use free crystals to keep their armies full during a war when spy builds have to either wait or pay real cash?

10. i concur with pugs and dbo and I guess TZ but darn lol. I'm a spybuild ^.^

11. The change affects defense and spy defense potions.

12. This as been great for me... the random noob that attacks me because he doesn't know how to play is now not wasting my pots!

Thanks, Devs!!

13. That's offensive

14. Well, when someone with stats of 150/100/4.5/4.5 tries to steal from me with stats 43/64/283/283, I think they are a noob 

If they are not noobs, then they are something else that I'd rather not say... either way, I'm very happy that they won't be wasting my pots anymore 

15. Haha dude I'm kidding

16. Oh, ok... sorry 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.