Estoc Trials - Week 6 - War #9/#10 - General Update

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, May 11, 2013.

1. We earn the equipment. We shouldn't have to factor in the bfe considering we earned that and should be able to keep the little edge it has over someone who doesn't have the equipment. U want bfe ? Go out and get it.

2. They're trying to by doing EE wars...

3. And when you say "We earn the equipment" I hope you mean other people or a different account. Your account has a helmet and hooves....

4. oops posted with an alt. YES earned the equipment. u want it? go get it.

5. Lol that's better

6. Heh, a GH isn't much more than an alt anyway. I have one of those too.

Devs count build
    Devs count BFA

Explain again why we shouldn't factor BFE?? Is that better earned than allies or build? Your 'hard earned' trinkets are the result of a 2 month sugar rush. Get real.

At the end of the day, it's not your fault. It's the devs. Hopefully they work out why allowing a two year old relic build to dominate KaW might be somewhat of a slight misstep.

7. THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS

Can someone please give me the definition of exploit being used in this context... because that word is being thrown around WAY too much. People doing what they can, within the ALLOWABLE limit (programmed by devs), in order to win is NOT an exploit. bfa jumping, gHansels, long usernames, Bfe, etc. are all things that devs have made available for players to use as a part of their strategy. If devs don't like ppl doing it they should change the programming instead of punishing players or making silly threats.

"Don't hate the player hate the game"

ATA needs to own up to their mistakes/holes in the system completely, not shift the blame to the community.

/Endrant

8. Well put and hilarious! :D

9. You're right TAL, this is an ATA problem. Kudos to those leveraging the crap out of their inaction. No malice.

But at the same time, all you exploiters, don't go dislocating your shoulders patting yourselves on the back because of your 'leet' strategic prowess.

I'm sure others will have a more salient description of an exploit. For mine, it's when the player base works out a way of gaining an advantage through build, mechanics etc that was not intended or unforeseen by the devs.

The original lightning tower exploit (old timers know this)
    Plunder wars
    Tower builds in EE
    GH in EE

Etc etc

It can probably be argued that exploits aren't a bad thing. Shoot, some of the above has almost certainly shaped the way KaW is today and none of it was envisioned by the devs. But, some exploits endanger the framework of the game. That's where the devs need to stomp from a great height.

Like I said. No malice. My build could easily be considered an exploit (we'll let the smart kids work out why). But when the exploit threatens to ruin the game, it's time for everyone to take the high ground and make enough noise to wake our devs. It's a little self defeating to crap in your own nest...

10. Agree 100%. The only thing is you can't blame the player base for their inability to read the devs mind to know what is "intended" and what is not. Exploit is used as a dirty word these days when its just a normal part of gaming. Devs just gotta close the loopholes if they dont like 'em.

And we could just as easily argue that your build is just a counter-action to other "exploit" builds. :lol:

11. You can't munt everything. Part of the interest is in finding the interesting ways that mechs effect the game. But you don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to know when things are being stretched past what the game can sustain.

EE is super fun. Devs built a cool vehicle. But, the fact is, it's not compatible with long term sustainability in its current form.

Step 1 will be to start counting BFE. But they need to sort out a lot more than that to sustain the system in its current form.

12. When I started KAW almost 3 years ago BFA (bonus from allies) was highly encouraged as the way to go. BFE ( bonus from equipment) was earned thru EB to help clans work together. When mith arises, it was on sale to the general populace and players bought accordingly .... Then the mith tap was cut off ant the new concept was for clans to EE for clan unity to earn mith....

13. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 6 - War #9/#10 - General Updatenally loo

Some clans already had stocked enough mith to buy the items outright with no EE necessary . And now equipment that is decent can be earned in EB. Quite a scenario! I think there are a lot of issues yet to be sorted. I hope the devs really look at many of these and ancillary issues BEFORE season 2 starts!

14. THERE ARE NO EXPLOITS :idea:

ITS JUST A MISMATCH
    AND MISMATCHES HAPPENS EVEN IN BASKETBALL BOXING AND OTHER SPORTS OR GAMES

you cant blame why Mayweather is afraid to be matched with Pacquiao.. he don't want to lose.. :lol: thats why he always use the bla bla bla tactics.. he don't wan't to be spanked.... :mrgreen:

in war history; a well prepared kingdom wins.. a well prepared country with better alliance wins..

IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED; YOU DONT HAVE BFE, BFA, RIGHT BUILD AND DONT HAVE RIGHT ALLIANCES:
    PLEASE DON'T WAR... OR WAR IF YOU WANT BUT DON'T COMPLAIN

we win and we lose; every war we do we learn, gather info why we win and why we lose...
    change some tactics.. change build roster.. even sit aside because you are not counted for the next roster :mrgreen: while your clanmates are spanking opponents.. :cry:

SO DON'T COMPLAIN THAT DEV'S ARE NOT DOING IT RIGHT; YOU ARE THE 1 THAT IS NOT DOING IT RIGHT..

YOU GET A FREE GAME.. DONATE SOME FOR BUYING XTALS... YOU ENJOYED THE GAME.. YOU EVEN GOT LOTS OF FRIENDS.. NOW BECAUSE YOU KEEP ON GETTING THE MISMATCH; YOU KEEP ON COMPLAINING AND BLAMING DEV'S...

GROW UP
    :ugeek:
    :lol:

P.S. i hope devs will enhance the eb drops so those who are complaining will get equips and aqua and inferno.. so they will stop complaining about bfe... :p

15. I have to say, I'm receiving notifications of actions AS THEY COME IN! This is a revelation. Thank you Devs!!! 

16. Although its not doing it every regen lol.

Must also add a cpl of times when I've been KO'd I've not received a notification from it, but have seen it in cc.

17. lower min limit on war #6 and #11. have a limit of 22-30 members those wars.

18. Exactly you have people that use explot ABC cry the guy using explot XYZ is a cheater and vise versa.

The initial intention was to promote clan loyalty and limit clan hopping which is a huge FAIL. I think wars should be trimed down from 12 to 8 a week with more time and effort put into matchmaking.

19. here is novel idea. eliminate the use of xtals in war. then its more strategy. then let's see how different the outcome is

20. Make wars 28-30. Therefore there won't be mismatch due to numbers.