Estoc Trials - Long User Names

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, May 2, 2013.

1. Congratulations devs, is this another tactic to keep Kaw in the top grossing app section? Every player that wars buys crystals on a regular basis, now you penalise these players and force them to pay for a name change. Seems to me you no longer take pride in the game, all it is now is a way of making a lot of money. Don't get too greedy guys, you might lose some of your 'loyal' players.
    There's ways of tracking long names, if people can't work it out then that's their problem, not ours.
    Refund the money spent on the name change to start with, it's only fair. I'm happy to change my name, just unhappy I'm out of pocket because of it.

Titch

2. Can you change typeface so you can distinguish between lower case L( l ) and upper case i ( I ) It would then stop barcode names.

3. Devs if u look back to the core of the problem, it is your fault yur the ones who didnt think of blocking out these long names, and it wasnt EVERY BARCODES intention to beat the system so u gotta give them the benifit of doubt, have u seen other games devs? U will never find another game where the players have to pay for the makers fault......get real -.- as it is yur not the greatest game makers out there and now u do this?

4. (No offense just speaking the truth, if u dont refund some or all thier cash u are going to lose a ton of respect from each player, just because we dont know who u are personally u take advantage of us?)

5. @Devs -

I believe this is a great change; long names and identical barcodes were an annoyance (easily countered but still an annoyance), and further I hate the way barcodes depersonalizes the game during war ... at least wwwwwwwwwww_im_really_mad_at_devs_for_change_wwwwwwwwww didnt have 50 identical twins.

In any case, lots of anger in the forum. 20 nobs solves it. If too hard to send to long names, send to everyone. Doesnt cost anything; I am sure people will still spend the same on noobs whether or not you give out 20 now.

6. All you guys that say you can track names that start with so many WWW in front that they extend past the UI please explain to me how you can do this cuz I don't believe you...

7. Hehe nice money racking skills developers ;) but i agree. Good move

8. Didn't see OMET in there :D

9. Will we need to change?

10. Thanks devs! I agree that names like those are not in the spirit of EE wars.

HOWEVER

I think it's interesting that you label the use of long names as a "deliberate exploit" but barcodes as an "allowed strategy" and assume that we were all supposed to know the difference. C'mon now! Give them the nobs to change their name it's only fair.

On a personal note, I think barcodes are a shameful way to war...

11. says the guy with the completely unbarcoded name? 

12. It's amazing that the Dev's are avoiding this topic and refuse to respond to support emails reguarding this. Here are the facts.

1. You can have name scroll with 16 different digits, not just W's and M's.
    2. This has been allowed and even pushed as a tactic. *see dev email below*
    3. This is not an actual exploit as this was not against ToS and all names can be viewed on PC and Android.

Given Dev approval we should not be paying for this name change.

END OF DISCUSSION....PERIOD

If you are requiring this change, credit us asap.

13. Unbelievable. So much pissin and moaning abt the strategies ppl use. :roll:

14. It's a simple math problem ... U spend money on your account doing what's allowed ... Then the devs decide they want a bigger vacation so they find another way to either alienate u or just fleece u for more money .. U screwd up with tower builds mec. Fixed and gave a refund to those that wanted it ... U screwed up early mith items and then reimbursed people .. U screwed up ee all together from the start costing plenty of people bought mith and xtals with your less than well thought out "idea" and mechanics then u changed that .. The long name has always been an option for people but now u screw that up and force us to pay again ... Yes I purposefully changed my mains name to b harder to track ... Fully within my rights and legal at the time ...now b/c it's unfair to some whiney bitches change it and go pay up u suckers again or eat **** we don't care about u one bit .. Get real ... How about u cry babies learn to track from ally's or owners that costs nothing and u devs think out **** b4 u screw over your for some unknown reason loyal members .. U want my name changed NOW AFTER U CHANGE THE RULES U PAY FOR IT.. How would u feel if u bought a car left home with it and the next day the car dealer changed the price and wanted more money .. You'd say gfy .. Buddie so try it

15. I'll never spend another dime .... and wish for a refund ... If not for the rl $ invested I'd walk away rate u 1 star for being greedy fucks and delete app ..

16. Do your job post a forum thread that states exactly what names should look like ... Say I bend over grab my ankles and let u f away then change my name ... With no REAL guidelines what's to say my new name wouldn't cross some imagineable line in the future .. What guarantee is there u won't force or penalize me again and again and again to pay and change ? Only your obvious greed and favoritism towards some on here assures me u will at some point ... Smh ... Give my the nobs and ill change it ... don't and ill just b unfairly punished

17. Wulf truly has a dizzying intellect explain doping again lmao. Looks like a clan beat another clan at war. Then the clan that lost got real BUTT HURT 

18. *Update*

I recieved the following reply from support:

To which I replied with the above support email showing we got approval and the following statement:

Apparently support does not track or log their own emails...